Veto Aerospace Kittiwake

The Veto Aerospace Kittiwake is an unusual design for VA, featuring wing-mounted nascelle design fuel tanks, held on with strut connectors. It uses a single Aerospike engine for propulsion, and a landing gear of no less than six sets of wheels. However, as is common among VA spaceworthy aircraft, it features a heavy duty RCS for a controlled landing. Due to weaknesses in the attachment, the nascelles usually fall off the centre wings during landing, though it is possibly to be gentle enough to prevent this. Obviously taking off again would be another matter. Attempting the fly the fuselage away is not recommended, as it is inherently unstable.

It is planned that the Kittiwake will carry two Avia ballistic missiles, two times as many as the Albatross or Gannet. Its flight range is currently unknown. Unlike the Albatross, it has very good lateral maneuverability.

S6qlr.jpg

Kittiwake in flight.

TVbwk.jpg

The Kittiwake\'s fuselage.

UDVqj.jpg

The nascelles shown away from craft after landing

You stole my design!

ss20120101182812.jpg

Spot The Difference

-No landing gear

-ASAS moved to rear

-ASAS is Mk2, not Mk3

-LVT-31 engine

-Parachute nosecone

I think that\'s it.

And I\'ll bear that in mind, Tim. Though I used the current nosecone because it covers up an SAS and an RCS tank which would look more ugly without it.

Spot The Difference

-No landing gear

-ASAS moved to rear

-ASAS is Mk2, not Mk3

-LVT-31 engine

-Parachute nosecone

I think that\'s it.

And I\'ll bear that in mind, Tim. Though I used the current nosecone because it covers up an SAS and an RCS tank which would look more ugly without it.

Well actually there is a 2m ASAS fitted for that sized fuselage, along with RCS fuel, but that may make it too big for your needs.

Also ladies, I think that design is alittle too generic to be called anyones.

Well actually there is a 2m ASAS fitted for that sized fuselage, along with RCS fuel, but that may make it too big for your needs.

Also ladies, I think that design is alittle too generic to be called anyones.

ASAS isn\'t always as useful as SAS. And the 2m RCS tank made the whole thing too heavy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.