[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

6 hours ago, NathanKell said:

v12.0 for KSP 1.2.2

* HUGE THANK YOU to everyone involved! I was away and I come back to...many great changes and a pretty much ready-to-release update!
* Recompile for KSP 1.2.2, include latest MM and Kopernicus.
* Sigma88: Remove an unneeded compatibility setting.
* Raidernick: Fix Earth SMA (fixes orbital shift over time with wrong period).
* SirKeplan: More reasonable timewarp limits on Phobos and Deimos.
* Kerbas-ad-astra: Ribbon support.
* ThreePounds: Fix some Chinese launch sites, add Wenchang.
* Kerbas-ad-astra: Add atmospheric composition to Pluto.
* Miki-g: Venus warp limits fixed.
* Kerbas-ad-astra: Support (with Custom Barn Kit) updating the stock DSN ranges.
* PhineasFreak: Rework RT patching for current RemoteTech.
* Leudaimon: Fix launch site orientations for all sites.

God bless you and everyone that worked on this. This mod brings so much fun <3

28 minutes ago, Stevie_D said:

Hey SkyKaptn, how did you get the clouds on Earth in this version? I can't seem to get it to work from my previous version.

Thing is, major tweaks in 1.2.2 beyond recall. Source from an old 1.1.3 install made by a friend. Sorry I cannot help.

7 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Observe IIRC you have to change the name of the reference body from "Kerbin" to "Earth" for the cloud configs.

Wasn't necessary for me. I simply installed the new RSS 1.2 version followed by RVE and EVE as described in my previous post. Everything (clouds, city lights) work fine without having to manually modify anything.

Playing with the new version in 1.2.2, I'm having a real hard time with re-entry.  Everything is overheating and blowing up.  Is there an optimal profile I'm missing, or do the heat settings need to be messed with to make it manageable?  Thanks. 

22 minutes ago, jdub3350 said:

Playing with the new version in 1.2.2, I'm having a real hard time with re-entry.  Everything is overheating and blowing up.  Is there an optimal profile I'm missing, or do the heat settings need to be messed with to make it manageable?  Thanks. 

What do you set your periapsis at?

On 11/30/2016 at 1:38 AM, nanomage said:

that makes total sense. i thought first stage was a bit oversized but if it's hydrogen it's all good. 1.4 twr on the second stage is probably even better than actually required

As a totally side note, however, the real all-hydrogen Delta IV Heavy has a payload of 28.8 tons to 200x200 LEO with the gross mass of 733,000 kg, giving the weight to payload ratio of 25.45 . That might make some people think that rockets with 15 or 13.5 mass ratio are unrealistically efficient? What makes them possible in RO?

Maybe structural weight is not modelled correctly.. OR the Delta Heavy has a lot of extra metal/drag wrt the boosters.. OR efficiency of the engine cycle (I'll have to look into this)

I'm using my fav RD120s only.

This is for a 50 Ton payload (my standard).. from Kourou. I need a few extra tons (2m or 3m extension to stage1) to get it into Polar Orbit

HoOi6L8.jpg

Edited by ColKlonk2

I still don't get the clouds working, i have the installation like you @Observe, and the best is that i get shadows, city textures, etc. But still no CLOUDS!! And it's the part that i like haha :( any idea? Maybe i added the last version of EVE and Scatterer, with CKAN and respectively their default config files, anything else... If you could help me i would appreciate it!! Thx!

1 minute ago, HoloYolo said:

That's the problem. Stock heating system does not work with RSS. Try DRE and reenter at 70km and see what happens.

Well then, haha.  It was funny, I was playing and thinking "man this was alot easier playing RO with DRE".  Guess I was right.  Thanks.