[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

1 minute ago, Gleisix said:

If I use the 1.3 patch to start a new save, will it be compatible with the official 1.3 release of RSS?

That depends on the changes the developers make. Should be fine though.

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

That depends on the changes the developers make. Should be fine though.

@Gleisix. Unfortunately, it might break when the new release happens. We are adding Ceres, Vesta and the 5 major moon ms ot Uranus. This may or may not effect the location of your crafts. 

That being said, there will most likely not be a release for quite a while. 

5 hours ago, pap1723 said:

@Gleisix. Unfortunately, it might break when the new release happens. We are adding Ceres, Vesta and the 5 major moon ms ot Uranus. This may or may not effect the location of your crafts. 

That is great to hear! I would always use RSS Expanded for Ceres, Vesta, and some other minor bodies, and Uranus having some moons is some awesome news.

I ended up going back to RO/RSS in 1.2.2 for some enhanced realism but will probably update to RSS in 1.3 once the new release is here. Keep up with the good work!

7 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Oh, very cool! Yeah, I assume the body index will be adjusted causing the save to load a little wonky. Looking forward to the update

Edited by Galileo

I've come across a problem. I can't focus view on Jupiter, from a craft that just left Earth. It will let me focus on Saturn, or Mars or any other planet, but not Jupiter... this is in 1.3 with the patch that makes RSS work in 1.3. 

ETA: Work-around is to use the tab key to focus on Jupiter.

Edited by RocketBlam

On 5/14/2016 at 0:34 PM, pap1723 said:

I have created a new Biome map that includes all of the Earth's real biomes. There are a couple of new ones added. Would anyone be interested in the file?

Biomes:

• Ice Caps
  • Tundra
  • Taiga (Boreal Forest)
  • Forest (Temperate Forest)
  • Grasslands
  • Mountains
  • Tropics
  • Savanna
  • Chaparral
  • Desert
  • Shores
  • Water

Let me know and I'll post a link.

I came here looking for exactly this, please please please :D

Realize I'm late to the party (thought the quoted post was on the last page for some reason). Hopefully you still have those up

Edited by shoe7ess

4 hours ago, Kommodore said:

I have an issue with Real Solar system. I have downloaded it, with textures and everything, but after loading, it doesn't show Earth, but Kerbin instead. Why does this happens?

I have this same issue. I think it is a mistake in the 1.3 patch document... but it is a very minor annoyance. It shows up as 'Earth' correctly on contracts.

1 hour ago, MatterBeam said:

I have this same issue. I think it is a mistake in the 1.3 patch document... but it is a very minor annoyance. It shows up as 'Earth' correctly on contracts.

It's not a mistake. When I made that patch, doing it that way was required. Kopernicus has changed since that patch was made, but I have not updated the cfg due to laziness

Edited by Galileo

49 minutes ago, Kommodore said:

It wasn't a crash. I can't find any .log file.

It doesn't matter if you crashed or not, you always have logs unless you explicitly disabled logging. Go back, visit the link he provided for you and read it. It will tell you how to find those logs. 

Hey, i wanted to ask on SSRSS forum thread, but replies are turned off.... I installed everything as said but my Sun is really small.... like really really small... Sunflare mods don't work either.... What did i do wrong?

Here's my game data folder... 

And also, Titan is just a small black hole orbiting Saturn...

Edited by Knezz