[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Hello I am having trouble writing a config file for an engine in rocket motor menagerie. What i would like to do is increase the thrust and its subtype as well. But I just can't seem to get it to work. The config file is in a separate mod called Myconfigs with a folder inside it called Patches and the config is in that folder. I would appreciate any help. I have attached the config at the bottom.                                    

@PART[rmm_cotopaxi]:NEEDS[RocketMotorMenagerie]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
    {
        @Subtype[RS-53]
        {        

@description = <b>Thrust:</b> 1962 kN ASL / 2421 kN Vac.\n<b Isp:</b> 368 s ASL / 454 s Vac.
            @maxThrust = 2421 // kN

}

@Subtype[ssme_BlockIII]
        {        

@description = <b>Thrust:</b> 1962 kN ASL / 2421 kN Vac.\n<b Isp:</b> 368 s ASL / 454 s Vac.
            @maxThrust = 2421 // kN

}

@Subtype[ssme_BlockII]
        {        

@maxThrust = 2421 // kN

}

@Subtype[ssme_Block1]
        {        

@maxThrust = 2421 // kN

}

@Subtype[ssme_FOMF]
        {        

@maxThrust = 2421 // kN

}
    }
}

33 minutes ago, AerospaceBricks said:

Hello I am having trouble writing a config file for an engine in rocket motor menagerie. What i would like to do is increase the thrust and its subtype as well. But I just can't seem to get it to work. The config file is in a separate mod called Myconfigs with a folder inside it called Patches and the config is in that folder. I would appreciate any help. I have attached the config at the bottom.                                    

You need to match the name of the descriptionDetail field in the patch and correctly nest the maxThrust field. Then since you're applying the same change to all the subtypes you can use ,* to match them all provided you add a has clause to identify the correct B9PartSwitch.

Here's the modified patch (untested):

@PART[rmm_cotopaxi]:NEEDS[RocketMotorMenagerie]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[engineSwitch]]
	{
		@SUBTYPE,*
		{        
			@descriptionDetail = <b>Thrust:</b> 1962 kN ASL / 2421 kN Vac.\n<b Isp:</b> 368 s ASL / 454 s Vac.
			@MODULE
			{
				@DATA
				{
					@maxThrust = 2421 // kN
				}
			}
		}
	}
}