[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

After running it again im getting the same error

[EXC 10:54:57.317] IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\KSP RSS\KSP.exe

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)

ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.FileSHA (System.String filename)

ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.PrePatchInit ()

ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()

Right on. Moving it did solve the problem.

For years I've stored 2-3 games that I heavily mod and access the folder of frequently and never once had an issue until now with UAC. What is MM doing that UAC is blocking it?

I've never heard of storing large files on your desktop causing windows to slow down. Nothing is "stored on a desktop" It's just in a folder on your hard drive. The only thing I can think of that would have an effect on that would be search indexer?

hm... UAC nver in my whole experience block a single app...snart screen may pose a problem though...

Hi all

Can someone write a patch that would warp the Sha call in that exception with a try/catch and return 0 on error (and bump the version) and submit it on github? Thanks

Do you want a particular call (there are two) wrapped in a try/catch, or should it go inside the FileSHA method?

can there be a patch that simply removes all stock lifting surface modules from any and all parts? im playing with FAR and i dont want stock (or mod) lifting surfaces screwing up my airplane flight characteristics.

Something like this should do the trick:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface]]:FINAL
{
-MODULE,*[ModuleLiftingSurface]{ }
}

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, and why this doesn't work?

@PART[radialLiquidEngine1-2]
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,1 = 0 335
@key,2 = 1 285
@key,3 = 9 0.001
}
}
}

key,1 is the second key. key,0 is the first.

that's the only thing that I can see could be wrong there :)

Edited by Sigma88

Do you want a particular call (there are two) wrapped in a try/catch, or should it go inside the FileSHA method?

Inside the method will do for now. Thanks

(posted from an amazing sushi place in kanzawa :D)

Something like this should do the trick:

@PART
{
-MODULE,*[ModuleLiftingSurface]{ }
}

although it seemed to work at some point, with the cockpits from quiztech and OPT, they still have lifting surfaces. do i need to have it so it initiates after all other mods load, or before? i tried reading the symtax, but it hurts my head just looking at it and trying to think of how to get it to work. i have alot of mods, although i dont think i have any that add in other module manager configs that might interfere. i tried renaming the file with a Z at the beggining, so it loads at the end, but i dont think it does anything. any help?

although it seemed to work at some point, with the cockpits from quiztech and OPT, they still have lifting surfaces. do i need to have it so it initiates after all other mods load, or before? i tried reading the symtax, but it hurts my head just looking at it and trying to think of how to get it to work. i have alot of mods, although i dont think i have any that add in other module manager configs that might interfere. i tried renaming the file with a Z at the beggining, so it loads at the end, but i dont think it does anything. any help?

After testing (and more documentation reading), I see I should have put the ",*" after [ModuleLiftingSurface], like so:

@PART
{
-MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface],* { }
}

After testing (and more documentation reading), I see I should have put the ",*" after [ModuleLiftingSurface], like so:

@PART
{
-MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface],* { }
}

thanks! should i name it anything, or in anyway? or just have it end in .cfg, and leave it anywhere in the game-data folder?

The website doesn't work at all, for me it says "can't reach this page" and from that extension you can't download your mod's from CKAN for the same reason.

That link works perfectly fine. If it doesn't for you, it's an issue on your side, e.g. your firewall may be blocking it.

CKAN may not work for a wide number of reasons, one being that link is about a MM version not officially released (therefore not yet indexed in the metadata).

That link works perfectly fine. If it doesn't for you, it's an issue on your side, e.g. your firewall may be blocking it.

CKAN may not work for a wide number of reasons, one being that link is about a MM version not officially released (therefore not yet indexed in the metadata).

At the time that he posted that, I too was having trouble accessing the site. The site is working now, but please be careful in suggesting to someone that they have technical problems on their end that need resolving when it may have been transient issues with the site itself or anywhere else on the 'net.

I'm sure people have brought this issue up before, but I'm going to stress this point a bit more, give it more of a PUSH.... Sarbian the work you have done here at KSP has been instrumental in about every players experience. I'm not just kissing A$$, you know I try to be as forthright an honest, even though I sound a bit "brown nosing" at times. You really need to put your foot down and disallow people from including Module Manager with in other Mod creators packs. Every time I go to rebuild a new GameData file I end up with 5-6 copies of out dated Module Manager. Its completely fair to have Mod creators list this as a dependency. If people are using mods, they either learn to "hit the link" for Module Manager, or...... they learn to hit the link? If they cant figure out that part of the download process, then I am damn sure they wont be able to figure out why they are seeing quadruple text overlapping during the start of KSP. This is a valid issue, as I never understood why people were allowed to re-distribute. I understand the function, but people are not always updating the most current stable build of Module Manager and so we get multiple outdated copies. Any way, take it or leave it, thx for the work man and enjoy your business trip or vacation. Try and enjoy the sights a bit as Japan has got to be one of my favorites. I will take Japan over most of Europe, any day of the week.

Pay you "another" compliment. Value your work again. Explain that some might get frustrated with lots of Mod packs including out of date versions of your Module Manager.

"Deal with it"

Your a high quality kinda guy in RL aren't you bud? If some one sees where I was rude to "Purveyor of Nyan Cat" let me know. I'm missing something here.

quick question:

when I have

key = w x y z

I can use

#$key[1, ]$

to get the value "x"

what If I want to do the same thing with this:

key = w,x,y,z

I guess the space after the comma in

[1, ]

means that the separator used is "space"

I would guess this wont work

[1,,]

so is there a way to define "comma" as the separator?

I think you need to use variables. You can get substrings with them, if memory serves.

So you'd construct a new key from the original values you want to keep, plus your changed value, then set the old key equal to the new key, then delete the new key.

I solved it by changing the commas into spaces :)