Tarnished Skins

Caesar15

This mod replaces all vannila parts with awesome tarnished Skins

PERMISSION IS BEING ASKED FOR C7 ABD DOWN UNDER AEROSPACE, please state in comments which mods you want to be tarnished next.

One day bob and jeb got together and decided to paint the parts, only they sucked, real bad

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21140876/Tarnish+Skins.rar

feedback is welcome since this is my first mod

Simply extract the files to your parts folder

REALISTIC VERSION

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21141005/Realistic+Tarnish.rar

TO see pictures follow this link http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=5386.0

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Nice recovery. Can\'t wait to see the what the C7 parts look like.

i\'m glad this didn\'t die although it did make for a swell Sunday Morning Comic :/ . I like the current look but I can\'t wait to see whats next once you get mad fotoshopzz skilzz =P . GOOD JOB!

The weird thing is how nova got so fustrated. Just as a warning, stay away from this thread nova.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I would explain it again but I don\'t even care anymore...

I do get why you were frustrated, Its just so amazing how one min your fine, the next angry.

He did it by not being a shitposter.

You\'re a godsend to this community. I applaud you.

i think i might rust the c7 pack instead, hey dark how did you exactly rust that fuel tank that you posted on the other thread

If it was done in GIMP it might be from using the Hue or Color filter, I\'m not entirely sure on this though since I remap textures very little.

i think i might rust the c7 pack instead, hey dark how did you exactly rust that fuel tank that you posted on the other thread

Sure, basically I put down a few colors overlayed or multiplied ontop of each other. Each one represents a certain aspect of tarnish.

H9Z4H.jpg

G3XpL.jpg

So first is a layer representing grime indicated by a grimy color. Which could be soot, smut, or dirt adhering to or embedded in a surface. I erased it from the center areas, but kept it around the edges of panels/windows/edges.

FOBkI.jpg

Second layer is a dark brown to give the overall color of tarnish with more emphasis on giving the area where grime didn\'t touch. Dripping down from edges, surface features, and general splatters.

DWXhm.jpg

Third is a layer for rusty color and feel of oxidized metal. You can see the earlier layers with their chosen blending options popout now.

io8Wg.jpg

The fourth and final layer is to help the earlier layers popout around the texture and to complement the third layer.

The blending options mixed with low opacity erasing not only creates the landmark details, it gives the the final bit of pop you want which is density. It also helps to do detailing work and opacity erase around panel edges to give a scraping look. That kind of micro detailing also really brings out the rest of the texture. Of course this took 5 minutes, and is really only for understanding the concept of the art, but was pretty sloppy. It still needs a consistency check and ingame testing. But I hope this helps.

Also @chubbs I\'ve deleted your message, please try to be more constructive in the future.

Why are people taking this seriously? If someone wanted this then they could do it in about 20 seconds with Photoshop or Gimp.

Because if everyone was dissuaded from the quality of their first work their by the taunts of other we\'d of never even made it out of Africa.

Because if everyone was dissuaded from the quality of their first work their by the taunts of other we\'d of never even made it out of Africa.

stop being nice to him because he is terrible at art. Also he could learn to take criticism rather than sperging over it.

Still working on it. Garry likes to screw with the website.

What has Garry and his love of breaking things got to do with the script. Surely you could just make it insert the urls of the smileys in IMG tags whenever you type out the code for it?

What has Garry and his love of breaking things got to do with the script. Surely you could just make it insert the urls of the smileys in IMG tags whenever you type out the code for it?

That\'s kind of how it works. But I figured buttons would be more fun.

My stance is if you take a part someone has made and you re skin it...fine. But not release it for others to use as though it\'s your own, even if you change the peramiters. I think even if you have the original modellers permission you shoud acknowledge then in the readme. I\'ve been making my re skin of the vanguard, I\'ll post pictures but other than that it stays on my pc only

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.