[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I seem to have a problem with mine :( In space I can see a sphere (the texture) larger than kerbin

Picture? Is it the lights or clouds texture? Both? IVA? (Looks like there is some sort of IVA bug I need to fix)

Picture? Is it the lights or clouds texture? Both? IVA? (Looks like there is some sort of IVA bug I need to fix)

Cloud layer for me only noticed it in IVA cloud layer got farther from the planet based on how zoomed in or out I was.

34215926C21120833A8CCD71B5B5D26E28A65A6D

Thats with me playing with zoom till it wasn't as noticible. Still amazing job on this only bugs I've noticed are pretty minor.

Cloud layer for me only noticed it in IVA cloud layer got farther from the planet based on how zoomed in or out I was.

34215926C21120833A8CCD71B5B5D26E28A65A6D

Thats with me playing with zoom till it wasn't as noticible. Still amazing job on this only bugs I've noticed are pretty minor.

Ok, definitely a field of view issue... makes sense now that I think of it. The camera wouldn't move in space, the field would... Unfortunately I have no idea how to sync the two... I will have to look into it.

Oooo we got a Beta :) - thank you very much..

Never noticed the moving clouds on Kerbin before tho, wonder if it's cause I using mushroomman's Cloud Pack in Universe replacer..

If using Universe Replacer, I would use packs that don't contain any clouds.

Rbray89, do you know if Nathan is aware of the problem?

Im drowning in threads to keep up with :$

Yeah, he is aware. Looks like I will probably be exposing the values in a config so they can be toyed with.

This looks great with the universe replacer. Lost some fidelity when shrinking them from 2560x1440 but the lights are really bright. Looks awesome under the clouds with high res planets. Love it.

NzKzSZZ.png?1

2UfJi2t.png?1

The lights look like it has the old detail texture. The new texture by Tw1 is a lot nicer I think. It is in Beta-1.

Does anyone have any idea of the memory footprint? I'd really like to use this, by itself or with a nice planet retexture, but I'm worried about that.

Im running B9,KW,KPX,TV and a metric ton of other mods and only thing i had to do to avoid the 4 gb limit was the lower tex pack for b9 to get this mod to cooperate ( i run around 3gbs currently )

If using Universe Replacer, I would use packs that don't contain any clouds.

Thanks for the reply, it's a pity I cannot use mushroomman's Cloud Pack anymore tho, I really liked that pack :)

Second question if I may, can I increase the number/density of the moving clouds at all?

Wow, it was wise for Squad to open up their system for mods. We've gotten to the point where dedicated players are adding things we're all just waiting on at this point. That's pretty cool, and you can bet I'm looking forwards to these other things you want to attempt.

Thanks for the reply, it's a pity I cannot use mushroomman's Cloud Pack anymore tho, I really liked that pack :)

Second question if I may, can I increase the number/density of the moving clouds at all?

Yup! You can either edit the textures, or add more layers using the config.

If I am going to edit color to the files, then I should do it to the detail pngs and not the others right. The others are just a layer that tell where the clouds should be shaped liked. I am a noob when it comes to Photoshop stuff.

The detail will be applied ONLY when close up, so any color should probably be added to just the main. Or you can edit the color field in the config.

The detail will be applied ONLY when close up, so any color should probably be added to just the main. Or you can edit the color field in the config.

Is there a website link to where I can know what the color numbers translate to the color wheel, for the config file.

Does anyone have any idea of the memory footprint? I'd really like to use this, by itself or with a nice planet retexture, but I'm worried about that.

I run a lot. Fustek, B9, AIES, KAS, KW, Kethane, HOME, Lazor, and some more. I run this along with universereplacer to bring the textures even higher for planets and moons and things and it all works great. I'm at about 2.3-2.6GB, so I have room to spare.

I run a lot. Fustek, B9, AIES, KAS, KW, Kethane, HOME, Lazor, and some more. I run this along with universereplacer to bring the textures even higher for planets and moons and things and it all works great. I'm at about 2.3-2.6GB, so I have room to spare.

Well, I tried this mod myself and my memory footprint jumped from 3.2 to 3.5...yikes, too high. It's a great mod, but I'll need to drop it personally. Still a piece of work though.

Edited by Synthesis

You can remove some of the other planets if you need to reduce the memory footprint. I'll probably end up releasing a low-res version for memory conscious individuals. Seems kinda high though... even expanded to rgb maps the textures shouldn't take up that much memory.

alpha 10 to beta 1 for me saw ram usage go up about 200 ish mb and loss of about 2-3 fps so not noticible unless I'm seriously looking for any kind of drop. But a lower rez version in the future will be nice after the real resource killers ( volumetric clouds I'm expecting to have me get a lower rez texture pack for more of my parts mods which I want them anyways) get added in.

Been using this for a while and loving it aside from the odd flickering and low resolution of the lights while in close orbit. Happy to see an update. :)

This was the nicest view I'd seen out the window in a while: https://www.dropbox.com/s/99vzjqh97iijymm/screenshot3.png

Edit: Update is awesomeness. :D

Edited by SmiteZero