[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

got this mod last night and restarted career mode to let it have full effect. Kerbin looks fantastic from the surface of Mun...

This mod certainly adds a layer of depth not in the original

Good job !

Thanks! That is exactly what I thought when I saw Kerbin. It just looks almost naked without cloud cover.

I just took standard RGB values and divided by 255.

Awesome, thanks for adding those RGB codes in makes my life much easier. I don't have to take PNG in a photo editing software to change color. I can now make my duna rusty looking clouds.

I like changing to color to Laythe clouds, if not they look very similar to Kerbins clouds. I go for a blueish gray. I still need to tweak the duna color more. I will upload pictures later when I get the right color going.

Here is the RGB tweak I did for this mod. You guys will have to try it in game, the pictures don't do justice. The color gets saturated when I take photos of them.

Kerbin:

Kerbin_zpsca459379.png

I change the second cloud layer, Kerbin 2. I dulled out the white a little went in the grayish side, not much. Picture shows it too much, in game looks better.

In game its not that much noticeable. I did the change to give the different cloud layers dimension.

Duna:

Duna1_zps963521ff.png

Duna2_zps868a99c5.png

Duna3_zps140f78cb.png

You're not going to notice the clouds with Duna right away, that's the way I wanted it. I wanted them to blend in with terrain color, to make it dust like. You will notice it more on the white capped poles. When you land on Duna you will see that the clouds are there.

Laythe:

Laythe1_zps7a721211.png

Laythe2_zpsf256a47f.png

Laythe3_zps8f1ae305.png

Laythe in the first screen shot looks very purple, in game its not so. I changed color of Laythe to give it a difference in look from the Kerbin Clouds.

This is the RGB changed I did:

Laythe

r = 0.4

g = 0.4

b = 0.60

Duna

r = 0.38

g = 0.16

b = 0.098

Kerbin, the second layer kerbin2

r = 0.909

g = 0.909

b = 0.878

Edited by therealcrow999

I was in low Jool orbit last night and I noticed there's s seam on the horizon gradient. I noticed it as the sun rose. Along with the seam the horizon flashes black violently.

Very nice mod on the other hand though. I love the city lights and will be keeping those. Kerbins clouds are nice, but I find there too spread out and cover far too much of the planet. Ive always longed for a cloud mod that could emulate actual cold fronts, but Idk if that's possible. Good stuff though.

I was in low Jool orbit last night and I noticed there's s seam on the horizon gradient. I noticed it as the sun rose. Along with the seam the horizon flashes black violently.

Very nice mod on the other hand though. I love the city lights and will be keeping those. Kerbins clouds are nice, but I find there too spread out and cover far too much of the planet. Ive always longed for a cloud mod that could emulate actual cold fronts, but Idk if that's possible. Good stuff though.

I think there might have been an issue with Beta-1 and Jool.

Yeah, I would really like to simulate weather and generate the clouds procedurally, but I haven't concentrated on it too much. I'm hoping an artist will come along and create some nice textures for this effort in the meantime :)

What I want to finish next is volumetric clouds that would follow the texture clouds and allow users to fly through them. Right now the camera simply fades them out as you approach, but I hope to use the particle system in unity to create some relatively light weight cloud cover.

Is this compatible with universe replacer becuse some textures have clouds.

This question has been answered multiple times. Yes, they are compatible but it is suggested to use kerbin textures without clouds for UR. Else it becomes way too cloudy.

I think there might have been an issue with Beta-1 and Jool.

Yeah, I would really like to simulate weather and generate the clouds procedurally, but I haven't concentrated on it too much. I'm hoping an artist will come along and create some nice textures for this effort in the meantime :)

What I want to finish next is volumetric clouds that would follow the texture clouds and allow users to fly through them. Right now the camera simply fades them out as you approach, but I hope to use the particle system in unity to create some relatively light weight cloud cover.

I wonder if the same system could be used to produce contrails off the aircraft when you fly up high enough as well hmmm. If its not outside this mods scope and everything else is finished think thats somethin u might be able to add near the end of the mods development ?

I wonder if the same system could be used to produce contrails off the aircraft when you fly up high enough as well hmmm. If its not outside this mods scope and everything else is finished think thats somethin u might be able to add near the end of the mods development ?

Hmmm... that would be interesting. I am not sure of the best way to do that though... I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hmmm... that would be interesting. I am not sure of the best way to do that though... I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you decide to look into that I suggest you look how the persistent trails guy did it. Since that's basically the same thing with a line instead of a texture. It seems a bit far outside the scope of this mod though.

If you decide to look into that I suggest you look how the persistent trails guy did it. Since that's basically the same thing with a line instead of a texture. It seems a bit far outside the scope of this mod though.

Haha, I was thinking up lots of things "outside the scope" of this mod... One idea I was toying with was to use a render texture in place of the static ones, and create clouds procedurally. If that were the case, contrails would be somewhat easy to add to it. The only thing I'm not terribly sure of would be what altitude to use it, how to handle multiple cloud layers, what to do when the ship goes more vertically or through a cloud layer, etc.

Haha, I was thinking up lots of things "outside the scope" of this mod... One idea I was toying with was to use a render texture in place of the static ones, and create clouds procedurally. If that were the case, contrails would be somewhat easy to add to it. The only thing I'm not terribly sure of would be what altitude to use it, how to handle multiple cloud layers, what to do when the ship goes more vertically or through a cloud layer, etc.

For altitude 25,000 feet would be a decent start (7,620m) could even go down as low as 6,000m as well.