Big Red Button Pressers Pack [Still in progress]

jgjiscool

Big Red Button Pressers Ltd. is dedicated to making parts that work when required (sometimes), but create a fantastic disaster when you\'re having a bad day. Finally I figured out modelling in 3DS so I can fully design and texture (ok the texturing won\'t be very good) my own parts. These parts are designed to be extreme in pushing the limits of believability, but on the other hand, include a certain amount of realism. For example, the first part that will be completed will be the BRBP Black Hole Fuel Cell featuring tri-core anti-matter injecters. Although it will contain a mass of fuel in only a 1m by 1.5m tank, it will weigh... LOTS. The pack is still in development at the moment, but I will update whenever possible. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away and I\'ll answer as best I can. And - sorry GroundHOG, I don\'t supply cheat parts to Kerbokaurs!

Progress:

Heavy Compression Liquid Fuel Engine

Inter-Continental Balistic Missile Rocket (SRB)

Multi-channel Unmanned Command Pod

Moveit Hyper RCS Units

Moveit Nano Advanced SAS

Guest GroundHOG-2010

You\'ve got to admit, cheat parts can be fun.

Try launching some absurd payload or space station with one rocket.

Nah, perfer to use Nova\'s Silisko edition. More fun to try and get observed payloads into orbit.

Nah, perfer to use Nova\'s Silisko edition. More fun to try and get observed payloads into orbit.

Doing stuff in SE is not hard at all.

Nova says its harder to lift payloads with his rather than mainline game. But that isn\'t true.

Glad someone got the \'Big Red Button\' joke! I thouroughly test all my rockets using this method:

If you can press the big red button and they live (or almost live) you\'re good to go!

This fricking tank is gonna be the mother of all hell to lift! It contains 10000 fuel, but you probably won\'t get it off the ground till it\'s half full! Considering making a suitable engine to use with it. Still haven\'t dead set a weight as I\'m still... playing with the model. I set radius to 1m instead of 0.5m and the nodes are on the wrong axis so I have to change that.

Glad someone got the \'Big Red Button\' joke! I thouroughly test all my rockets using this method:

If you can press the big red button and they live (or almost live) you\'re good to go!

This fricking tank is gonna be the mother of all hell to lift! It contains 10000 fuel, but you probably won\'t get it off the ground till it\'s half full! Considering making a suitable engine to use with it. Still haven\'t dead set a weight as I\'m still... playing with the model. I set radius to 1m instead of 0.5m and the nodes are on the wrong axis so I have to change that.

Lol you crazy people. I use the OKAD launchpads. I start the mission timer and throttle up to 80% slowly, then disengage the clamps and up she goes. Kerbal Death rates are down 90%!

I made a launchpad out of a few fuel tanks and a (modified) really heavy C7 Wing tank. It works because the fuel tanks crash backwards away from the ship when decoupled, but at the same time, the stack is heavy enough to start the engines and get fuel from the tanks in the stack. Good fun trying to control the bloody ship I invented it for! Three engines, one tank, a tricoupler and nothing else...

New part:

Name: Inter-Continental Balistic Missile Rocket

Description: This is the number one way to get to Kuba... and BOMB IT! Featuring a full power, 195 thrust solid rocket engine and a brilliant 5 minute burn time, this monster can fulfil all your needs! It towers at 5 metres tall leaving plenty of space to add some winglets (which you will need by the way) and extra directional assistance. Had some help from C7 too. (Thanks! :))

Another new part:

Name: Heavy Compression Liquid Fuel Engine

Description: This engine is often regarded as primitive and environmentally disastrous, but just because it is best powered by coal is no reason to disrespect it! It pumps out a decent amount of power and heat without adding a lot of weight to your rocket, but it\'s fuel consumption is slightly elevated. It\'s reccomended that you use an appropriate radiator to get rid of the heat. It appears to be bent with a hammer... Why you would use this part, I\'ll never know...

In other news:

The Black-Hole fuel cell has been withdrawn due to a designer malfunction and may return to production later this month. If the plans can be recovered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.