[1.1.x] Space Shuttle Engines (2016-07-03)

sarbian

Which parts of the pack do you use?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which parts of the pack do you use?

• X2 Engine
    • BB engines
    • Aerospike
    • Attachment points
    • Auto Stagers
    • Fuel Controllers
    • Radio Controller
    • Tank System
    • OMS system

3 hours ago, sarbian said:

I will be away for a few days so it will have to wait on my return. If someone want to look at the cfg it will make my life easier (I guess it only need km_gimbal replaced by the stock gimbal ?)

I could maybe take a look for you. I'm not super experienced with CFGs, but I've written some module manager patches for personal use before. I'll take a look into migrating KM_Gimbal over to the stock gimbal and see what else needs to be done.

9 hours ago, sarbian said:

I will be away for a few days so it will have to wait on my return. If someone want to look at the cfg it will make my life easier (I guess it only need km_gimbal replaced by the stock gimbal ?)

I have been 'playing' with the cfg's to try and get it to work.  I have had 'some' success, but I am getting flooded with error messages.  I will work some more on this and try to pinpoint what is happening and have info, doc's and logs ready later today / tonight my time GMT-7.

Cheers, and thanks to all who are working on this.

ok, I have been able to use parts of this mod.

The first parts that I have tested, edited and flown are 

tanks and SSME-s engine.

For the engine, I commented out the MODULE KM_Gimbal_3 and inserted a standard module ModuleGimbal.  I just pulled the one from the squad stock ssme and put it in in place of the gimbal_3

I also commented out the KM_PreLaunchEffects_SmkS module

for the tanks, I commented out the KM_PreLaunchEffects_SmkS module that is there for the 'top' tanks and then commented out the module KM_Stager for ALL tanks.

I have run this in 1.1.2, with the following mods,

modmanager = newest

Firespitter = newest

ksp-avc = newest 

Cormornat Aeronology = newest (nice simple pack with shuttle parts)

From my tests, these changes removed all of the spamming that was coming out before the 'edits' and using hyperedit I was able to do a de-orbit and blaze into the ground in true shuttle flight fashion, when I am flying.

I will keep working on this.

sarbian, is it ok for me to make public my mm config file that is doing the changes?? Or should i just 'talk' people through what i have done if asked???

cheers and good luck and flying to all.

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2016 at 1:51 PM, sarbian said:

I will try to have a look in the week. KM_Gimbal will be gone since most of its functions are stock. I ll add a new module that only does the trimming

@sarbian

I'm working on updating another mod which uses km_Gimbal,  The code in the cfg file is:

MODULE
    {
        name = KM_Gimbal_3
        gimbalTransformName = objGimbal
        pitchGimbalRange = 3
        yawGimbalRange = 0
        enableRoll = true
        enableSmoothGimbal = true
        responseSpeed = 30
        debug = true
    }

Based on your comment above, will replacing the KM_Gimbal_3 with ModuleGimbal be all that's needed?  I can't find any current documentation, by looking at existing cfg files I don't see the following:

pitchGimbalRange = 3
yawGimbalRange = 0
enableRoll = true

Thanks

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Based on your comment above, will replacing the KM_Gimbal_3 with ModuleGimbal be all that's needed?  I can't find any current documentation, by looking at existing cfg files I don't see the following:

pitchGimbalRange = 3
yawGimbalRange = 0
enableRoll = true

Thanks

pitchGimbalRange & yawGimbalRange are gimbalRangeXP / gimbalRangeXN & gimbalRangeYP / gimbalRangeYN  (Positive, Negative)

enableRoll  is  enableRoll :P

@sarbian The mod folder has to be named Klockheed_Martian_SSE (remove the _2.3.0) for the engines' exhaust plumes to show. You may wanna indicate this in the installation instructions.

Edited by Guest

On 01/11/2013 at 10:00 AM, dtobi said:

No it doesn't. I might add one later. Right now only the exhaust plume rotates for the X2. It looks nice, though.

uh, I did not build the zip properly. Fixed now. Thanks :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Have asked to adopt:

Space Shuttle Engines (SSE)

CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 - CKAN wayback machine

Spoiler
On 4/19/2013 at 1:20 PM, sarbian said:

License

------------------------------

This work is shared under Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 license.

You may non-commercially share it as-is with credit to the author in the download and on the download page.

Please contact me if you want to modify or extend the code.

Author: dtobi

------------------------------

news when there is news

• 4 weeks later...

"I have granted @zer0Kerbal permission to adopt this mod with the understanding the he will keep the `Klockheed Martian` brand,  and proper attribution for the original author(s). Changes to models and codes, along with new parts, textures, models, and functions are permitted.

The license is to be CC BY-ND 4.0. Express revocable permission is granted to use the assets, code, copyrights, and trademarks.

Moderators: kindly close this thread once a replacement thread has been linked here. "

I hope you enjoy working on this mod an I wish you all the best with it.

Dtobi.

On 5/2/2022 at 4:12 PM, dtobi said:

"I have granted @zer0Kerbal permission to adopt this mod with the understanding the he will keep the `Klockheed Martian` brand,  and proper attribution for the original author(s). Changes to models and codes, along with new parts, textures, models, and functions are permitted.

The license is to be CC BY-ND 4.0. Express revocable permission is granted to use the assets, code, copyrights, and trademarks.

Moderators: kindly close this thread once a replacement thread has been linked here. "

I hope you enjoy working on this mod an I wish you all the best with it.

Dtobi.

Thank you @dtobi!

License-CC%20BY--ND%203.0-ef9421?labelCo

news when there is news!

Spoiler

Edited by zer0Kerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.