USSK: Cinematic Warfare Series

Supergamervictor

• 1 month later...

From a historical point of view. There are no good guys or bad guys necessarily. Sides are relative, just like speed. Russians were only the "bad" guys to Americans like us. I'm sure the Russians didn't see themselves as the bad guys. Anyway, him having a communist country does not mean he's portraying Russia. Communism is a viable political strategy and if you can find a way to make it work, it is one of the best. The problem is that most political structures work in theory. It's when practice comes to play that things fall apart. Secondly, there never really was any competition in any kind of space race. Russia kicked our butts in every aspect of space flight (speed-wise at least, I feel we won in safety standards). The only thing we ever beat them at was landing a man on the moon, which if I remember correctly, was never even a target of the soviet's plans.

First of all, why do you play as the Kerbal Russains when really around the 60s to 80s they were the bad guys? Does that mean you're playing as the bad guys?

Russians were not the bad guy,there were no bad sides.I personally support free communism for my own reasons but I think Russians were badly mistreated as an "evil nation".They were a nation with great power but the only thing they were treated as evil was that they were communist.Americans had their own merits but sure does have corruption.This series is based on how one nation with a corrupted democratic government can become an enemy to another through power and that communist are not all evil all the time.

• 2 months later...
I sure I remember a war called the "Cold War" with the Americans fighting the Russians in it… and I remember the Russians starting the war too. But we can forgive them, can't we?

Well yeah. Both sides were to fault, though it might just of been the fear of being nuked off the map

• 4 weeks later...

In war, there are no good guys or bad guys. In general, they are confrontations between moral grey and moral grey. However, one can not ignore the gulags, political repression, purges, and genocide that occurred under their rule. By suggesting the Soviets had some sort of high moral ground is to be extremely naive. The Soviet Union, in fact, was about as far from a workers utopia as one can get.

Also, they DID try to get to the moon, mainly because they were behind in human space exploration, and were looking for more prestige. However, all four N1 launches failed, including one failure in which a rocket fell backwards towards the launchpad, creating one of the largest man-made, non-nuclear explosions in history.

• 3 weeks later...

International politics doesn't have good sides and bad sides, it has interests. And if you see yourself on the way of a big shot, you're screwed. People of Diego Garcia, on the Indian Ocean, what do you think about the good guys from US and UK? And you, people from Ukrania, what do you think about friend russians? Of course, there's good people everywhere, but is there good people at the cabinets?

But this is not about international politics, it's about this series. Being silly lil cratures, I think you could, if is that your taste, add some humorous lame excuses and names for their wars. Not that real war have not-lame excuses, I dare to say. But... how about the Great Kerbal War of the MOAR Boosters? Or the 6 days wars of the eccentric orbit? Or the Cheese War (ok, this one I imported from Dwarf Fortress lame names for wars). Add a bit more spice to it, man! Still, nice story, lots of potential... =)

• 2 months later...

This seems interesting. I will be following it closely. I will also place my faith in the Southern Allied Territories, as they remind me of modern Germany. And for some reason, I think that Germany is such a cute country and love it to bits.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
First of all, why do you play as the Kerbal Russains when really around the 60s to 80s they were the bad guys? Does that mean you're playing as the bad guys?

the world ain't black&white mate. especially from different POVs..

such%20anit-soviet%2C%20much%20propaganda.jpg

Edited by gendalf

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.