[Plugin] [0.22] [WIP] Foundations - UPDATE: ALPHA RELEASE 0.2

Sparkle

• 3 years later...
46 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

Could some one recompile this for 1.2.2 ?

Edit- I see the downloads don't work any more so here is a link to it https://www.dropbox.com/s/ef9urttgyoy1xjk/Foundations_Plugin.zip?dl=0

I'd be willing to but I need the source (.cs) files, it's impossible to recompile from just the .dll.

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I'd be willing to but I need the source (.cs) files, it's impossible to recompile from just the .dll.

O Kerbal that wasn't in the folder i linked will see if i have anther that he might have put it with the download :(

• 2 years later...

NOTICE OF INTENT TO ADOPT :D

Greetings!

I have asked @Sparkle for their permission to update / continue / adopt / release this wonderful mod.

By the way: Love the name of this Mod!

This mod is very relevant since am the current maintainer of SimpleConstruction!

Hopefully I hear back from @Sparklewith an answer by the end of April 2020; but in case I don't hear back by then I intend to respectfully proceed as permitted by the mod license.

I will provide recognition of original authors/maintainers; and I will gladly step aside should @Sparkle ever wants to continue this mod.
Thank you kindly in advance!

Foundations: license-MIT-red?style=plastic  MIT-17x17.png

updated by @4x4cheesecake on GitHub

NOTE:

Does anyone have the original files with the parts? Anything and everything would be great.

Wow this is from a long time ago!

I'm happy for this to be adopted, used, adapted etc as you wish. I'll send zer0Kerbal a copy of an old zip I found which I believe has the last version of the source in it, though there really isn't very much to it! They can find an appropriate host for it as obviously the last host is lost in history somewhere.

Cheers

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2020 at 5:00 AM, Sparkle said:

Wow this is from a long time ago!

I'm happy for this to be adopted, used, adapted etc as you wish. I'll send zer0Kerbal a copy of an old zip I found which I believe has the last version of the source in it, though there really isn't very much to it! They can find an appropriate host for it as obviously the last host is lost in history somewhere.

Cheers

missed this. :( 

Thank you @Sparkle! @4x4cheesecake!

beta is on Github and Curseforge.

Changes: 

• localization
  • parts working
  • recompile for .NET 4.7.2 and KSP 1.7.3+
  • other additions.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:52 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

beta

One of the most powerful ground tethering mods. Patched it to all my legs and wheels, and the only problem found yet is the joint break by force. I forced it to break by extending SSPXR's telescopic foundation(which had Foundation enabled while retracted), which resulted in all KSP's UI breaking with NREs logspam. It seems that destroying the joint with force needs more handling.

11 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

One of the most powerful ground tethering mods. Patched it to all my legs and wheels, and the only problem found yet is the joint break by force. I forced it to break by extending SSPXR's telescopic foundation(which had Foundation enabled while retracted), which resulted in all KSP's UI breaking with NREs logspam. It seems that destroying the joint with force needs more handling.

thank you for the feedback! really is appreciated! +1 :rep: :funds::science:

It is supposed to be able to be broken - and the amount of force needed is settable in the MODULE[Foundations] still that is a bug - and will be addressed.

couple other things that need to be addressed including animations and symmetry.

:D

• 11 months later...
12 minutes ago, fengyuan0529 said:

Hello! Nice work! Could you add compatibility for ReStock? My structural panels from foundations are not showing up. ReStock replace some stock module files. Thanks!

@fengyuan0529I see the issue. Kindly slap in a feature request here (on GitHub) and I will push out a fix lickity-split.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.