Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

The big probe cores you unlock all the way in the back of the tech tree have a "Remote Command" module, as opposed to a "Remote control" module. So my guess is that those provide control when attached to a manned ship.

Ah yes, they do, thanks.

Going back to the aero probe and microsat-- I loved the idea, but the implementation was just a little off. They both have way too much torque, to where pointing them precisely was almost impossible for me, the microsat had too much thrust, so much I couldn't put it in a precise orbit, and the aero probe's engines are overpowered in general.

I don't use kOS but someone complained to me that kOS has an ingame editor thingy. Pressing the number buttons or space will activate your groups and does not get blocked.

Ok thanks for clarifying that and yes its true it seems to make the typing not lock to the k-OS window so i have to type the program out of KSP.

This might be as intended, but I want to know for sure. I noticed a reduction in science when I used the transmitter. 1.5 would be 0.6.

After removing all the mods I had I narrowed it down to the ModuleManager.dll that comes with this mod.

Two things happen. 1) The reduction in science. 2) Clicking the transmit button doesn't cause the antenna to extend automatically, you have to extend it and then click the blue transmit button.

I'm testing it with just the starter command pod and the first antenna. Crew reports generate 1.5 science and shows 100% under the transmit button. Putting this ModuleManager.dll (10/17/2013 9:33PM), it still shows 1.5 and 100% but upon transmitting, the result it 0.6. If I recover the capsule instead of transmit, I get the expected 1.5.

1) Indeed a bug if your statement is correct. I'll have a look.

2) Intended. The science transmission can only take place over links that lead back to KSC. As such antennas are not automatically activated or disabled.

Didn't get 1.0.5, but i had a question.

Upon launch, all my antennaes are off, but somehow i can go into orbit and all.

What kind of unicorn fart is keeping my ship together ?

I need more info. What antennas did you put on there? The dipoles are on by default. If the top left corner says Local Control you have some mod part or crew doing the work.

I need more info. What antennas did you put on there? The dipoles are on by default. If the top left corner says Local Control you have some mod part or crew doing the work.

I'll check and let you know.

Edit: Got 1.0.6, Could MechJeb be doing this ? Seems it dosn't need signal to work.

This is the probe core flying the ship, only thing giving commands apart from it is the MechJeb... When this was taken, the little dish icon in map mode was yellow.

pFvgHEi.png

Edited by Mokmo

for some reason my stock anttana since installed remotetech 2 has lost all animation of extending. since its lost its ablity to extend i can turn it on and never turn off even when in atsmo now. the new stock dish thou extends even thou wont do it auto anymore have to do manualy.

btw is there anyway we can incloude the aies dishes back into rt2 also the other tracking diish would be good i liked how they looked

for some reason my stock anttana since installed remotetech 2 has lost all animation of extending. since its lost its ablity to extend i can turn it on and never turn off even when in atsmo now. the new stock dish thou extends even thou wont do it auto anymore have to do manualy.

btw is there anyway we can incloude the aies dishes back into rt2 also the other tracking diish would be good i liked how they looked

Are you sure you actually have a connection when turning the things on and off? If you have no connection the deactivate button does nothing. I can not reproduce any further error with missing animation. Most antennas also snap off in atmosphere, so maybe it was stuck inside your craft and broken.

As for the tracking dishes, you can use them if you write some cfgs for them. The tracking won't work though because that is not currently included. Just regular on/off animation.

Edited by Cilph

the animation dont work period even sitting on the launch pad for the antanna. ill check its .cfg file cause recently had to replace some corrpted files for ksp maybe it got changed thou.

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = antenna

isOneShot = false

startEventGUIName = Extend

endEventGUIName = Retract

actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna

}

its stillo has its animation module in .cfg so dont know why it dont extend. also forgot to mention no idea why but i onlooy have the activate button.

Edited by sidfu

the animation dont work period even sitting on the launch pad for the antanna. ill check its .cfg file cause recently had to replace some corrpted files for ksp maybe it got changed thou.

You are running this on 0.22 I hope? Because the stock animation system was changed.

Anyhow, beats me. Send me your KSP_Data/output_log.txt and I can have a look but no promises. If more people end up with your issue I can have a bigger look but none of my testing team had an issue like this.

I'll stress again to make sure you have a connection (top left says D + 0.0000s and green button) before using Activate.

Edited by Cilph

@sidfu

I've found that some of the "fixes" included with "The Stock Nodes Fixing Project"(http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/httpkerbalspaceportcomfixed-nodes/), interfere with remote tech's module manager...

you might want to remove the references to "Long Antenna" (in the Node Fixing Project's folder, specifically in the "changes and addings"-cfg) if you're using it.

Edited by betaking

I'll check and let you know.

Edit: Got 1.0.6, Could MechJeb be doing this ? Seems it dosn't need signal to work.

This is the probe core flying the ship, only thing giving commands apart from it is the MechJeb... When this was taken, the little dish icon in map mode was yellow.

Yeah it's MechJeb. Note "Local Control" in the top left. If you have the latest mechjeb and 1.0.5 MechJeb's AR202 casing should now no longer work. If it still acts the same could you check if the part name of the AR202 casing under the configs matches what is in RemoteTech_Mechjeb.cfg?

First of all.. thanks for the awesome mod... I love it...

I'm having a problem with RT2... in RT1, whenever I installed any of the RT antennas, the mode activated itself, and automatically recognized whether the vessel was unmanned or not... if it was crewed, I never lost control of it (even if it was "out of contact"), if it was unmanned, I lost control of the ship if it went "out of contact"...

In RT2, that's not the case anymore... If I place an antenna in an unmanned vessel (using, let's say AIES_Aerospace probes), the mod will always say "local control", and I'll always have control, no matter if the vessel is unmanned or not... (it will alwas say "local control")

I'm guessing, placing the antenna, does not activate the mod anymore, but is instead activated if you place a probe listed in the

"RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg"/"RemoteTech_MechJeb.cfg", etc...

Is this intended or are you planning on changing it in some future release ?

Greets !

First of all.. thanks for the awesome mod... I love it...

I'm having a problem with RT2... in RT1, whenever I installed any of the RT antennas, the mode activated itself, and automatically recognized whether the vessel was unmanned or not... if it was crewed, I never lost control of it (even if it was "out of contact"), if it was unmanned, I lost control of the ship if it went "out of contact"...

In RT2, that's not the case anymore... If I place an antenna in an unmanned vessel (using, let's say AIES_Aerospace probes), the mod will always say "local control", and I'll always have control, no matter if the vessel is unmanned or not... (it will alwas say "local control")

I'm guessing, placing the antenna, does not activate the mod anymore, but is instead activated if you place a probe listed in the

"RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg"/"RemoteTech_MechJeb.cfg", etc...

Is this intended or are you planning on changing it in some future release ?

Greets !

What you have to do is add a ModuleSPU to the AIES_Aerospace probes. Just look at how RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg does it and add a file for the AIES ones. RT1 worked in a similar way where you first had to edit the part to enable the functionality. Here all plugin part data is put into the ModuleManager files instead of the part.cfgs.

Possible bug, I have several ground stations on kerbin with the Reflectron ss-5 and a matching station on Mun, the Mun station dish is targeting Kerbin, and the Kerbin ground stations are targeting the Mun, and the Mun ground station separately, but I have no connection? The Reflectron ss-5 says its for Munar communication, but does it not have the range to reach ground to ground? will it only work in orbit, am I doing something wrong? the stations all have plenty of power, and clear line of sight. i'd post pictures, but I don't know how.

Possible bug, I have several ground stations on kerbin with the Reflectron ss-5 and a matching station on Mun, the Mun station dish is targeting Kerbin, and the Kerbin ground stations are targeting the Mun, and the Mun ground station separately, but I have no connection? The Reflectron ss-5 says its for Munar communication, but does it not have the range to reach ground to ground? will it only work in orbit, am I doing something wrong? the stations all have plenty of power, and clear line of sight. i'd post pictures, but I don't know how.

Could you send me the persistence file? I'll have a look. Please make sure it has no obscure mods in it. Imgur.com for pictures by the way. Enable the cone thingy on the map (default off with an X) if you do.

1) Indeed a bug if your statement is correct. I'll have a look.

2) Intended. The science transmission can only take place over links that lead back to KSC. As such antennas are not automatically activated or disabled.

I've also noticed the loss of science data on transmit with this mod.

I'm not sure how to do this? Where do I send it?

Dropbox, Google Drive, pastebin if it fits, or any internet file upload service. Just dump it in my PM inbox on the forum.

Yeah it's MechJeb. Note "Local Control" in the top left. If you have the latest mechjeb and 1.0.5 MechJeb's AR202 casing should now no longer work. If it still acts the same could you check if the part name of the AR202 casing under the configs matches what is in RemoteTech_Mechjeb.cfg?

Don't even have to check, it's my rescaled MechJeb aka MiniJeb... If there's a modulemanager entry i'll go edit it for the little one.

(And add dipoles to my every ship at launching)

And... it now works like it should: First stage went well, but second never fired up at 6km.

In map view, there are four toggles in the bottom left, what are the official functions of those? I have a general idea based on messing around, but I'm not sure...

* Color active connection lime green

* Enable cone display for dishes targeting planets

* Toggle display omni, dish, omni + dish

* Same status indicator as in the top left. Clicking allows you to set the dish targets.

Dropbox, Google Drive, pastebin if it fits, or any internet file upload service. Just dump it in my PM inbox on the forum.

Ok, I sent you a pm, with a link to a google drive I just set up, and a list of mods I use, let me know if that's what you need, and if you get it, ok? I've never done this, total noob, and I really want to help, 'cause I love this mod.