Compact Rocketry [Early WIP]

Naten

Introducing...

Compact Rocketry!

A mod for making your rockets do lots of stuff, without them being absurdly (but still fun) huge.

78c3lyM.png

The C-34 Orbit Attainment Device enigne. Don't use it in the atmosphere; it yields an Isp of about 120, but it's pretty efficient once you get it into orbit.

Developed by...

LEAD, CONCEPT MODELS-- Naten

MODELING-- Mr. Desmond Tiny

UNITY, TEXTURE AND CONFIG-- BlazingAngel

ABOUT COMPACT ROCKETRY

Compact Rocketry was made so you don't have to make your rockets overly huge to get all of the functionality and flexibility out of the parts as possible, or at least without making them a bit odd looking.

The mod so far:

[COMPLETE PART] C34 "Orbit Attainment Device," an engine good for orbital maneuvers and what it says on the box.

[iNCOMPLETE PART]"Mini Service Propoulsion System," an engine good for orbital maneuvers.

[iNCOMPLETE PART]Small radial SRB with aerodynamic cap. Good for assisting 1.25m launchers and 2.5+m launchers (when used in high quantity)

[iNCOMPLETE PART]Quad-nozzle engine (model above). Good for a main engine for 1.25m launchers.

[iNCOMPLETE PART]Cr-5 "Kitten" engine, a medium-thrust 'workhorse' engine.

PARTS MARKED WITH AN [iNCOMPLETE PART] ARE NOT YET COMPLETED, AS STATED. THEY MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE UNITY APPLICATION, TEXTURES, .CFG'S...

Coming soon:

MFT-10 Fuel Tank, maybe other MFT tanks.

^It's only 1-point-2-freakin'-5 meters wide!^

Click here to download.

Download the package and place everything in your KSP Parts folder. ({KSP_directory}>Parts, not {KSP_directory}>GameData>Squad>Parts.)

Special thanks to everyone, special special thanks to Mr. Tiny and BlazingAngel. :):blush:...*sniff*...*sniff*...;.;...*sniff...* :) *wipes face off*

Any questions? Post them here!

Naten

Almost forgot the liscense!

License: 88x31.png

Compact Rocketry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

------------------------------------------DEVELOPMENT NEWS------------------------------------------

MFT-10 tank should be up soon. Also working on seeeeeekretz.

Edited by Naten

lincourtl--Updating it now.

BlazingAngel--I don't know.

KhaosCorp--Windows Explorer was crashing for me, and there were some problems with compressing files.

Lucchese--Same thing as Khaos.

Sorry about all this. The release was hastily put up, as we've been waiting for a while to release. I wanted to get it up right away. :(

Ah, this is back. :) Good to see it finally made it out of its development phase. Well, out of the development side of the forums. Anywho, I can write up some generic configs for everything if you want, not that hard. Final tweaks will have to be made by you (Naten) or blazing, feeling too lazy. :P

Also, about the old install method, I think this was a concept that was started in 0.19. Not quite sure, correct me if I am wrong. I guess I could also set up an install file to make it easier. PM me Naten if you want me to do so.

To answer the questions this thread has been receiving, let me clarify a few. This is a part pack consisting of mini engines and solid rocket boosters to help launch smaller rockets, along with a few other misc. things. This concept came around when Naten thought there wasn't enough small engines and the like. In no way, shape, or form is this project near completion, let alone near the professionalism that is shown with a part pack such as KW Rocketry.

This was a project that was in development for quite a while and almost died from lack of responses, so this was a slightly hasty maneuver to get the concept back on its feet. I was the one who designed the models (Including the one displayed in the first post), but I had nothing to do with the textures or programming. Sorry if this project isn't professional, but this thread is basically reviving a project that almost went under.

Currently, Blazing angel is working (was working, idk) on the textures, so that is why they are not complete. Again, sorry if it slightly rough right now; trying to smooth things out, as shown with my earlier post. I'm sure any texture people who would like to join would be gladly accepted. :)

Actually, anyone who would like to join, i'm sure Naten would be perfectly fine with it. Don't qoute me on this, thanks. :P

Edited by Mr.Desmond Tiny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.