[All OS][Java] MultiPlayer Part Manager v3.4 - 2/March/2014 [Old KMP Version for DMP]

I'm developing for KMP. I'm moving mod control to the server side, so KMPPartList.txt will be server sided and distributed to clients (along with mod version control and other features coming soon).

I'm referencing this mod for building partlists in a comment in the server's configuration files. Is this all good with you?

This change will be added some time after 0.1.4.0, but hopefully well before 0.1.5.0.

Aahhh I knew the day would come when my Application becomes obsolete. However, I am glad to see someone is working on a build-in mod control. And surely you can use my mod as a reference. Good luck to you sir!

In the mean time, I will still update my Application if required. Thus, reports are still welcome until KMP has its own mod control.

Aahhh I knew the day would come when my Application becomes obsolete. However, I am glad to see someone is working on a build-in mod control. And surely you can use my mod as a reference. Good luck to you sir!

In the mean time, I will still update my Application if required. Thus, reports are still welcome until KMP has its own mod control.

This application will not be obsolete until I build its function in to the server, perhaps some time in the future. I've encouraged server admins to use it until then.

This application will not be obsolete until I build its function in to the server, perhaps some time in the future. I've encouraged server admins to use it until then.

Yes of course, I read it somewhat to fast =p. However, this still is the start of a build in Mod Controller in KMP. Will become obsolete in the future indeed, but till then, I will keep updating this App.

Alright, I think I know what is causing the problem. My program reads every single word (separated by spaces) after "name =" and it appears that there is a 'tab' behind the name of the seatexternalcommand. No clue what it is doing there, however, apparently the tab is seen as a word, or better as a single space. Not sure why there is a dot after yours though, I didn't see a dot when I ran the program. To make a short story shorter, I know what the problem is and I'll try to fix it this week.

Alright, I think I know what is causing the problem. My program reads every single word (separated by spaces) after "name =" and it appears that there is a 'tab' behind the name of the seatexternalcommand. No clue what it is doing there, however, apparently the tab is seen as a word, or better as a single space. Not sure why there is a dot after yours though, I didn't see a dot when I ran the program. To make a short story shorter, I know what the problem is and I'll try to fix it this week.
That dot is my poor attempt at sentence structure haha.

Hi guys! I found out why this tool seems to not work properly. I have tested this with B9, TW rocketry, trying to get this fix to work with KAS, Mechjeb, etc. [EDIT] Confirmed working with B9, TW rocketry, KAS, and Mechjeb.

This plugin, when it reads your mod folders, changed .'s to _'s. Much like how when you name a craft, say, Lander 1.5, it will name it was Lander 1_5.

It then reads all your .'s, and changes them to _'s. This makes your "allowed" parts folder blind to all your mod parts. It is also blind to the FL-T 800, which is named fuelTank.long in the files, but reads as fuelTank_long, so it shows as a "forbidden" part.

Hope this helps you guys out that are having issues! Just change your KMPpartlist.txt so that all _'s are .'s.

Edited by Deviant

Hi guys! I found out why this tool seems to not work properly. I have tested this with B9, TW rocketry, trying to get this fix to work with KAS, Mechjeb, etc. [EDIT] Confirmed working with B9, TW rocketry, KAS, and Mechjeb.

This plugin, when it reads your mod folders, changed .'s to _'s. Much like how when you name a craft, say, Lander 1.5, it will name it was Lander 1_5.

It then reads all your .'s, and changes them to _'s. This makes your "allowed" parts folder blind to all your mod parts. It is also blind to the FL-T 800, which is named fuelTank.long in the files, but reads as fuelTank_long, so it shows as a "forbidden" part.

Hope this helps you guys out that are having issues! Just change your KMPpartlist.txt so that all _'s are .'s.

Thanks for finding this issue. Recently I've been working on an other, non KSP related, project, so I haven't found the time yet to check the new version for these kind of bugs. However, I am glad you found this already and I'll will fix this in the next update (probably this week).

EDIT: I already fixed a major bug in this version. (stupid mistake) I will release it tomorrow. Can you please check if the new version (that I will release tomorrow) still has the same bug as you mentioned as I think this will fix that, but I am not sure.

Edited by CreationMe

So today I've been testing my own application extensively, been way to long. I run into trouble with stock parts immediately actually. I noticed that the ladder1 is not added to the KMPpartlist.txt. If anyone found any other parts that cause any issues please let me know. I am working on a fix!

EDIT:

**Update Version 2.5**

Download now on Spaceport MulitPlayer Part Manager v2.5

ChangeLog

*Fixed a major bug where some parts would not be added to the KMPpartlist.txt. To be honest still, no clue why they weren’t added but they are added now =D

Edited by CreationMe
UPDATE

Hello again,

**Another Update Version 2.5.1**

Sorry for this fix, I hoped I fixed this with v2.5.

I’ll explain my problem a bit: When testing the program in netbeans, everything works perfectly and every part is added. However, when exporting, it suddenly skips the stock parts: ladder1, GooExperiment, mediumDishAntenna, telescopicLadder and telescopicLadderBay, without any good reason. I checked some popular mods and as far as I can tell it adds all their parts. Thus I added the above listed parts manually in code if Squad is checked. Till now, I can not find a fix for this. If you come across any other mod pack or parts please let me know and I’ll add them manually as well or maybe I’ll find a vage pattern.

You can download the new version on SpacePort again MultiPlayer Part Manager v2.5.1

v2.5.1

*The previous version did not fixed everything and I still don’t know why it does not add every part. Thus added the missing stock parts manually in code when Squad is selected.

just wanted to say sorry i didnt get back to you. went on the first of 2 holiday road trips. Thanks for keeping this little utility up to speed. helps a ton especially when building a .23 compatible mods server!

It's alright found some stuff myself. Still there are some parts that are just skipped by the App, no clue why it happens still and it is not only squad parts. I noticed that when I add some extra lines in the part.cfg file, it suddenly works. So now I am rewriting my program to add these lines to every part.cfg file as it won't hurt to have them added. However, christmas and 0.23 are delaying the progress a bit. But a new fix will come soon!

I seem to be having some trouble executing this file.

I'm using Windows 7, running from cmd line using java -jar <path to .jar file> and an exception is thrown.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException

at MultiPlayerPartManager.addLog(MultiPlayerPartManager.java:87)

at MultiPlayerPartManager.<init>(MultiPlayerPartManager.java:74)

at MultiPlayerPartManager$7.run(MultiPlayerPartManager.java:645)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Sour

ce)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Am I doing something wrong?

I seem to be having some trouble executing this file.

I'm using Windows 7, running from cmd line using java -jar <path to .jar file> and an exception is thrown.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException

at MultiPlayerPartManager.addLog(MultiPlayerPartManager.java:87)

at MultiPlayerPartManager.<init>(MultiPlayerPartManager.java:74)

at MultiPlayerPartManager$7.run(MultiPlayerPartManager.java:645)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Sour

ce)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Am I doing something wrong?

Actually I don't have Windows and you really don't have to use cmd to run the application, just double click the .jar file. That might be the problem. To be honest, I am currently working on something non-ksp related and will continue working on this project again after the holidays. Looking at the exception I think that there is something wrong with the writing to the MPPM.log file. Please try to run it outside the cmd and check if the App creates a .log file and a 'data' folder. If it is not working then, please send me e PM and I'll look into it after the holidays. Thanks for your comment tho =]

one question how does it handle parts which got dots in their name?

because i cant use them online without an error

do you may be know how to fix these?

other parts are working nicely

If I'm correct it should leave those as they are. However, next update will process the files differently. I can't help you with a quick fix tho. 2.6 will be released somewhere after the holidays and probably next year. What mods are causing the problems?

Hello,

First off, I'd love to thank you dearly for making this app. From what I've seen of it, it makes so much work for people easier. Unfortunately, I have not had much luck with it. I am running Windows 8 and KSP .23. That being said, I was able to download, install and run the program just fine. I currently have three "mods" in use. MechJeb, KMP, and KAS. It seems that the app functions just fine for MechJeb. However, with KAS, when I attempt to launch a craft with a KAS part attached to it, it gives me the "Can't start flight, Vessel has prohibited parts-Sorry" error. In the parts list, it has in fact added what seems to be the KAS parts. In the app, it is able to detect the KAS directory, but still does not seem to want to work. I wonder if it is naming the KAS parts properly. This is all off of a fresh install of Windows and KSP with all updates such as Java and Windows complete.

Hello,

First off, I'd love to thank you dearly for making this app. From what I've seen of it, it makes so much work for people easier. Unfortunately, I have not had much luck with it. I am running Windows 8 and KSP .23. That being said, I was able to download, install and run the program just fine. I currently have three "mods" in use. MechJeb, KMP, and KAS. It seems that the app functions just fine for MechJeb. However, with KAS, when I attempt to launch a craft with a KAS part attached to it, it gives me the "Can't start flight, Vessel has prohibited parts-Sorry" error. In the parts list, it has in fact added what seems to be the KAS parts. In the app, it is able to detect the KAS directory, but still does not seem to want to work. I wonder if it is naming the KAS parts properly. This is all off of a fresh install of Windows and KSP with all updates such as Java and Windows complete.

Sorry to hear that the program is causing trouble for you and I am sure you are not the only one. There are plenty of unsolved bugs which I can't seem to solve. Therefore, I decided to write a different way of searching and I will recheck with KMP how to correctly name the parts with spaces etc. I will also include a fail-proof option to scan and add parts. This option will act as the V1.0 KMP Mod Builder. It will search through the KSP log files. Downside is, however, that you have zero control of the mods you want to add as it will include every part that you have loaded into KSP and you have to run KSP at least once before you can use this option. However, it works without any glitches as far as I can tell.

I got some other (building a table with laptop implemented) projects I am working on as I have a few days off. Probably finishing the new version next week.

PS: Just remembered, sometimes the app doesn't scan all the Squad parts correctly as well (it is kinda random for me) and I hardcoded some parts but it's possible I missed some. So it might be Squad being the prohibited parts instead of KAS. But please hang on until I release the new version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.