cameraContainer = cam

rotateCamera = -180,0,15

cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam

As you can see, I'm looking at the back of the cambody

%20Kerbal%20CCTV1.png

Edited by Mecripp2

Can anyone tell me what # will bring the POV out or in

As you can see, I'm looking at the back of the cambody

You mean to move the camera POV out towards the end of the camera body? per the documentation, you need to add

translateCamera = x, y, z

I don't know what values you need to use, however - that'll be something you need to sort out by trial & error.

You mean to move the camera POV out towards the end of the camera body? per the documentation, you need to add

translateCamera = x, y, z

I don't know what values you need to use, however - that'll be something you need to sort out by trial & error.

Did add that line and been test but still working on it and MOARdV have you seen this mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107397-Kerbal-CCTV-release-1-0 has TV and Cam you can grab and if you grab the cam you can still have the TV working was hope it could work with RPM's ?

To start with, you should be able to get any of his cams that are presently in the same vessel with your pod to 'just work' with a MM script. You need to add a JSIExternalCameraSelector module to his camera part, that lists his camera's transform as the cameraContainer. It would be polite to ask him for the name of that camera transform, as I consider yanking the name out of his .mu to be a potential IP violation, as the .mu format makes a (poor) effort at being a 'sealed magic box' format. This would just make his cameras act like RPM cameras, while you were in IVA.

On a lower level, he's creating public textures in the camera object and accessing them from the screen object. I don't see a good reason that a handler couldn't be hacked together to put them on an RPM screen directly if you needed to? Of course, you can't be both EVA and looking at your IVA screens... so the only features this integration would add to RPM is that they continue to feed from vessel to vessel, and it seems like that feature could be added for all of the existing RPM compatible cameras as well by fiddling with the code where RPM detects available cameras and giving it a clever way to remember a previously docked camera until it leaves a certain range. As for KAS integration... RPM detects cameras again on every page switch, so any camera added via KAS (that has a JSIExternalCameraSelector) should just work next time you go IVA.

I'm still (slowly... when I find time...) working on a docking interface for RPM... so I probably won't be personally taking this bit on, but if the CCTV mod really catches on, I'll look into it after that.

What I'm MORE interested in is the possibility of putting RPM textures on his screens, than of putting his cameras on RPM's screens. The ability to put an RPM console on the outside of a ship and use it in EVA would be very cool. EVA back to the cargo bay and call up controls for a manipulator arm? Run science experiments from a menu on the side of the capsule? Give smartASS commands to the satellite you're about to service to have it hold an alignment! And even just RPM animated props - you could put a fuel readout on the fuel tank! Or build a 'time to next node' display for EVA... so you don't get distracted and miss your reentry window. I know presently the RPM computer checks to make sure you're in IVA before it does anything, but I don't know that it has to.

And, of course, long term... when multiplayer becomes more of a thing... the ability for my RPM screen to show your 'helmetcam' feed would be VERY cool... but that's a long way off from being something worth fiddling with.

Edit- thought of more stuff.

Art

Edited by artwhaley

To start with, you should be able to get any of his cams that are presently in the same vessel with your pod to 'just work' with a MM script. You need to add a JSIExternalCameraSelector module to his camera part, that lists his camera's transform as the cameraContainer. It would be polite to ask him for the name of that camera transform, as I consider yanking the name out of his .mu to be a potential IP violation, as the .mu format makes a (poor) effort at being a 'sealed magic box' format. This would just make his cameras act like RPM cameras, while you were in IVA.

On a lower level, he's creating public textures in the camera object and accessing them from the screen object. I don't see a good reason that a handler couldn't be hacked together to put them on an RPM screen directly if you needed to? Of course, you can't be both EVA and looking at your IVA screens... so the only features this integration would add to RPM is that they continue to feed from vessel to vessel, and it seems like that feature could be added for all of the existing RPM compatible cameras as well by fiddling with the code where RPM detects available cameras and giving it a clever way to remember a previously docked camera until it leaves a certain range. As for KAS integration... RPM detects cameras again on every page switch, so any camera added via KAS (that has a JSIExternalCameraSelector) should just work next time you go IVA.

I'm still (slowly... when I find time...) working on a docking interface for RPM... so I probably won't be personally taking this bit on, but if the CCTV mod really catches on, I'll look into it after that.

What I'm MORE interested in is the possibility of putting RPM textures on his screens, than of putting his cameras on RPM's screens. The ability to put an RPM console on the outside of a ship and use it in EVA would be very cool. EVA back to the cargo bay and call up controls for a manipulator arm? Run science experiments from a menu on the side of the capsule? Give smartASS commands to the satellite you're about to service to have it hold an alignment! And even just RPM animated props - you could put a fuel readout on the fuel tank! Or build a 'time to next node' display for EVA... so you don't get distracted and miss your reentry window. I know presently the RPM computer checks to make sure you're in IVA before it does anything, but I don't know that it has to.

And, of course, long term... when multiplayer becomes more of a thing... the ability for my RPM screen to show your 'helmetcam' feed would be VERY cool... but that's a long way off from being something worth fiddling with.

Edit- thought of more stuff.

Art

Thats what, I was hoping was to get the RPM screens to show on his screens.

Just by chance I thought I would try this and now I don't go anywhere unless its IVA so thank you to all involved in the creation and maintaining of this.

However a quick trivia question, I am playing career mode, hard and thus far I've only got access to MK 1 Pod and cockpit and the inline all of which work great RPM. However I started a sandbox game to try and build a plane that could lift and spent ages designing one with the MK 2 and 3 cockpit only to get it on the runway and find that the mark 2 didn't work with RPM and the mark 3 IVA isnt finished yet (Should have read the fine print!).

I've downloaded the ALCOR, and a Taurus Cockpit which all work wonderfully with RPM, can you recommend any other cockpit mods that are known to be working with RPM in this current version.

Thanks again.

Hi all, totally love this mod, because of this (and probe control room) I play almost every mission in IVA...

The only ones that seem impossible are the atmospheric/rover survey missions etc (previously added by FinePrint). This is because the targets don't show up on either the navball or the Scansat map view. Is there any way I can did one or other of these, if so my KSPing would be as perfect as I can imagine!

Odd, RPM works for my cockpits except the two new MK2s. I did install the new .90 dll and still no joy. Any thoughts?

For the SPP MK2 you need a RPM cfg for it and the MK3 maybe ? you can use the MK2

INTERNAL
{
name = mk2CockpitStandardInternals
}

EDIT- The SPP MK2 RPM's by nli2work http://www./download/12ud82caadrehws/SPPMk2_RPMIVA.zip

Edited by Mecripp2

For the SPP MK2 you need a RPM cfg for it and the MK3 maybe ? you can use the MK2
INTERNAL
{
name = mk2CockpitStandardInternals
}

I found one better!

I was running through the post and came to this post. I downloaded the SPP MK2 RPM IVA file. Fixed my issue. Thank you for your reply bud! Friggin KSP community is by far the greatest gaming community I have ever been apart of.

For those interested, the next release of Docking Port Alignment Indicator will include RPM support! Huzzah!

screenshot2.png~original

Question for Mihara's or MOARdv - is it 'kosher' for me to include a modified JSI\RPMPodPatches\BasicMFD\p0_home40x20.txt file (which adds "DPAI" to the top-right button)? If not, would you like to include DPAI in the next release of RPM?

Many thanks for the fantastic work on this plugin..

-Navy

Ugh. Thank you for figuring that out. I'll get a bug filed, and we'll see what we can do about it. I haven't played career mode, so I wouldn't have found that.

EDIT: And... There's a proposed fix available on DropBox. This fixes the null-ref bug that Hubricles tracked down to the tracking station. There could be other ones hiding in there, but hopefully this one was the most egregious.

EDIT2: I got a reminder that I need to include the license in the file, and post a link to my source.

Erm, not exactly sure what happened, but there's definitely something not right about my install.

I do have the 0.90 capability patch, but it just turned out look like this: (nomatter which pod I'm doing IVA in)

QIlUHuZ.png

YXoubvC.png

And actually, RPM for 0.25.0 works on my 0.25.0

System specification: MacBook Pro, OS X Maverick, 4GB RAM, Intel Core i5

Erm, not exactly sure what happened, but there's definitely something not right about my install.

I do have the 0.90 capability patch, but it just turned out look like this: (nomatter which pod I'm doing IVA in)

And actually, RPM for 0.25.0 works on my 0.25.0

System specification: MacBook Pro, OS X Maverick, 4GB RAM, Intel Core i5

It'd be helpful if you can post the log file (KSP/KSP_Data/output_log.txt - although Mac may put it somewhere else), to see if there's a clue what's going on.

Hey thanks homey, It was just killing me not knowing what was wrong i tried so many fixes to no avail thanks for the heads up!

You can fix it by changing the background color, but it looks nowhere near as nice. I've done it before, can't remember where the value is though.

I've got the same problem. I'm getting this error in my output logs.

[LOG 21:28:17.016] RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/baseFont" in GameDatabase...
[LOG 21:28:17.016] RasterPropMonitor: Loading font texture from URL, "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/baseFont"
[LOG 21:28:17.016] RasterPropMonitor: Loading font definition from JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/fontDefinition.txt
[ERR 21:28:17.041] Invalid value length for Vector2

[ERR 21:28:17.061] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[LOG 21:28:17.061] RasterPropMonitor: Warning, handler module "InternalVesselView" could not be loaded. This could be perfectly normal.
[ERR 21:28:17.061] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[LOG 21:28:17.061] RasterPropMonitor: Warning, handler module "InternalVesselView" could not be loaded. This could be perfectly normal.
[ERR 21:28:17.061] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'EngineIgnitorRPM'

[LOG 21:28:17.061] RasterPropMonitor: Warning, handler module "EngineIgnitorRPM" could not be loaded. This could be perfectly normal.
[LOG 21:28:17.062] MonitorPage: Page 'KSF_NAV_HSI' (#26) registers 1 page redirects and 0 global button redirects.
[LOG 21:28:17.063] RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/extraFont1" in GameDatabase...
[LOG 21:28:17.063] RasterPropMonitor: Loading extra font texture from URL, "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/extraFont1"
[LOG 21:28:17.063] RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/hudfont" in GameDatabase...
[LOG 21:28:17.063] RasterPropMonitor: Loading extra font texture from URL, "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/hudfont"
[LOG 21:28:17.063] RasterPropMonitor: Done setting up pages, 27 pages ready.
[LOG 21:28:17.065] RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/baseFont" in GameDatabase...

<<<Here it repeats the above several times.>>>

I think the EngineIgnitorRPM and InternalVesselView are nothing to worry about because that's not installed for me. As it says "this could be normal"

What does catch my attention is this line:

[LOG 21:28:17.016] RasterPropMonitor: Loading font texture from URL, "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/baseFont"
[LOG 21:28:17.016] RasterPropMonitor: Loading font definition from JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/fontDefinition.txt
[ERR 21:28:17.041] Invalid value length for Vector2

Does this help those with more knowledge of RPM under the hood understand what I've done wrong with my install?

I've got the same problem. I'm getting this error in my output logs.

I fixed it.

Some mods strip the batteries out of command modules.

That's why the RPM displays were not working.

I didn't plug it in.

ID-10T Error.

Edited by irbisgreif
typo

Its a pain in the ass today checking the Crew professions in flight. It would be SO AWESOME if the RPM "Crew" Tab displayed the real professions of Kerbals instead of fictional (commander, medic..), especially with their lvl of experience.