What DON'T we want in KSP?

• 5 months later...
You are contradicting yourself when you claim you have a problem with the idea of not being rewarded for making a space station and also claiming you prefer things to work the way they do for science (where you don't get rewarded for making a space station).

It is *already* true with the way science works *now* that not everything you could possibly want to do will give you points. And you state you *like* the way it works now, but don't want missions to work in a way that, when you describe it and give specific examples, is exactly what science does now (which you did say you're okay with).

You're just not making sense.

Fair point, but I still have no idea what it is you don't want because you contradict your own statements. Some of the time you say you don't want to be compelled to do things you normally wouldn't but then say the way science works now (which does precisely that) is fine.

What he said made perfect sense... He said that he didn't want SET MISSIONS for money, such as "Go to Minimus, collect a few rocks, and get awarded x amount of money"; he said he wanted to do whatever he wanted and get awarded for the accomplishments HE did... so if he decides to randomly go to Jool he wants to be awarded for going to Jool, not forced to go to Moho by some mission. Not sure where you're confused, as the science system in the game right now doesn't make you go anywhere, you go places and you get science from going to those places.

DLC.

"SQUAD! No Squad, the vanilla game wasn't enough for me NO SQUAD DON'T MAKE DLC FOR WARP DRIVES, I DIDN'T ENJOY THE GAME ENOUGH"

*Banned for: The developers word is law, you're not allowed to have an opinion*

Yes, I bought the game through Steam, but I'm still an early access supporter who donated money to a project Squad could drop tomorrow and I would feel ripped off.

Especially since the Vanilla game isn't really enough for me to support the developers further with DLC, mods are the sole reason I play this game now.

I'm thinking I don't want weapons, but the devs already agree on that.

There is room for that in mods.

I personally don't want to have to worry about life support. Let's just presume that a sufficient life support system is built into the pod that will last nearly forever.

Being new here I don't have any deep-seated impressions yet, but I'd prefer these things to be kept out of the core game:

1) Weapons/war; this game is one of the few which is NOT about blowing stuff up (at least, not entirely on purpose..). Keep it this way!

2) Uber-realism. It's already got simplified physics, a fantasy environment, and cartoonish graphics. Great! That's what I like in my games. If I want reality, I either play a serious sim, or go and play in the real world. Having said that, adding slightly more realistic aerodynamics (nosecones!), re-entry, basic resources/funding (I know, some of these are coming) I'm all for it. But keep it (relatively) simple and abstract and above all FUN. Gameplay should always win out.

3) Multiplayer. Sorry, just not for me. So if it's a separate mode/module, fine, but please keep single-player intact!

4) Microtransactions. This had not even crossed my mind until reading this thread, so just adding a voice against this abomination. Paying for DLC which adds significantly to the game but is completely optional (eg, a second star system) is a different kettle of fish.

5) A scripted/on-the-rails mission structure. This would destroy replay value of career mode.

As for people a page or two back that advocated a huge list of toggleable settings, yes, in an ideal world that would be great. But as a software developer, sorry, that's just not possible (or at least, not economically viable). You can't compare switching aerodynamics (for example) between simple/complex to settings such as Civilization's number of opponents or size of map. Changing the aerodynamics affects -everything- in the game, and hence you'd need to tweak -all- the parts, costs, settings, etc between the two modes and ensure each of the modes is balanced and works well. And that's just one setting!

But hey, the great thing is that the developers have been clever enough to expose a plugin/mod system. This has allowed the community to build great mods, and for everybody to tweak their game to be just like they want.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.