Ask Us Anything on Reddit This Wednesday at 11 AM CST

SQUAD

You see, that's the problem right there. SQUAD distanced themselves from the player base and resorted to one-way conversations.

The "what not to suggest" list exists mostly for things that have been asked and answered enough times that further discussion is pointless, and the only people asking those questions are people that haven't read the previous discussions or people that didn't like the answer and think asking again can change the answer.

In the specific case of a 64 bit windows client, the devs have stated in the recent past that since Unity's 64-bit windows client isn't stable enough by itself, there isn't much they can do to create a stable 64 bit client. I've actually gone through the Unity change log looking for 64-bit windows bug fixes, and yes, when a fixed bug shows up there, they're often on the "showstopper" level where there's no way KSP could be stable in the presence of that bug or other bugs of that severity. This may change when they update Unity versions, but there's at least one showstopper level win64 bug in the version of Unity that KSP is currently using.

On the other hand, the devs have said that a stable 64 bit client isn't their focus on fixing memory issues, they'd rather find memory optimizations that benefit everyone, not just people with 64 bit OS and more than 4GB of ram.

If your not running a 64 bit OS client your living in the stoneage and its now extinct embrace the changes made in computing technolgy

The day that Microsoft stops selling 32 bit OSs you might have a point. We're not there yet, so saying that just makes you sound like you're dismissive of anyone that isn't in the cool club. Of my friends, most of whom are more technically literate than your average computer user, I'm the only one with more than 4GB of RAM, and one of two that are running a 64 bit OS.

Normal people don't necessarily feel the need to upgrade if their current gear does what they want it to do. Heck, my main source of income is maintaining a business system for someone that runs on an OS so old, it won't boot on anything with a PCI bus or a CPU more current than a 486. I've *FINALLY* talked the owner into doing a full rewrite of the application so that we can get it running on a modern OS on modern hardware.

Can you guys do this on your own site? Reddit is terrible and I don't want to reactivate/renew/remember my login there. Thanks.

^^This^^ Why would I want to ever login to a site like that for the privilege of vainly trying to navigate it's utterly horrid interface? Seriously, that layout is horrible...why would I put myself through that? Please Squad, just do it here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.