[Showcase] Heaviest Lifters! How much can you get into orbit? 1200t so far!

So for my latest project, I finally succeeded in getting 500 tonnes to orbit. I'm wondering how much others have been able to do, because I'm sure there are some ridiculous numbers out there. Bonus points for general lifters (could take any payload and not just a specific one). I'll edit this post with a ranking for the largest payloads.

Edit: So I finally got 1200t into orbit. I think that's the end for me, it's just under 3000 parts and if I add more the ship tends to load up with parts missing. I'd love to see a design that can beat that though. And feel free to submit any other heavy payload lifters, you don't have to beat the current max to post.

Rankings

Payload Weight

1. 1200t - ScottyDoesKnow

2. 1050t - m1xte

3. 801t - Kris.82

4. 503t - Moar Boosters

5. 180t - Giggleplex777

Payload Weight/Parts

1. 0.9375 - 180t / 192 - Giggleplex777

2. 0.4782 - 801t / 1675 - Kris.82

3. 0.4375 - 1050t / 2400 - m1xte

4. 0.4049 - 1200t / 2964 - ScottyDoesKnow

The Behemoth X1200:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by ScottyDoesKnow

This would melt even my i7 :D

It melts my i5 quite nicely. You should see the next version, 2500 parts, 30 minute launches.

This one lifts 260t to a 610km orbit. I use it to build Stations in Duna Orbit. has 10,031m/s deltaV

Payload is inside fairings, and station tug is riding the top. yay!

Ya, the non-stock stuff does allow you to make much nicer-looking launchers. I would include them in the rankings but it's not quite fair because different mods have differently-balanced parts. Nice launcher though.

Hello

My last achievement was 801 tons in orbit.

Data:

- Total weight of the load (6,075.21 t)

- The number of parts the same rocket (1675)

- The weight of cargo uplifted into orbit (801 t)

tQJc.png

yPJc.png

rPJc.png

In orbit there were 876.26 t, the weight of cargo with the carrier rocket which was still a lot of fuel. :)

And sorry for my poor English I use google translator.

Hello

Data:

Haha fantastic! I just did 800 but was waiting for some more entries to post it, looks like you still have me beat though.

man, i wish we could just accept mods as norm with stock instead of having certain stock-only threads. would make the forums and KSP in general a better place

For some things it's fine, but for something like this it wouldn't be fair since some mods add parts that are overpowered compared to the stock parts.

So for my latest project, I finally succeeded in getting 800 tonnes to orbit. I'm wondering how much others have been able to do, because I'm sure there are some ridiculous numbers out there. Bonus points for general lifters (could take any payload and not just a specific one). I'll edit this post with a ranking for the largest payloads.

Rankings

Payload Weight

1. 1050t - m1xte

2. 801t - Kris.82

3. 800t - ScottyDoesKnow

4. 180t - Giggleplex777

Payload Weight/Parts

1. 0.9375 - 180t / 192 - Giggleplex777

2. 0.4782 - 801t / 1675 - Kris.82

3. 0.4375 - 1050t / 2400 - m1xte

3. 0.3200 - 800t / 2500 - ScottyDoesKnow

My lifter:

-snip-

What were you going to use 22km/s in space for?

Hello

Data:

In orbit there were 876.26 t, the weight of cargo with the carrier rocket which was still a lot of fuel. :)

And sorry for my poor English I use google translator.

Could you post the ship file? I would love to use this for putting lots of fuel in orbit around kerbin :)

So I finally hit 1200t (updated in original post). This is despite losing 2 engines during a stage (luckily it was symmetrical, it may be that one of the sepatron stagings was wrong but I don't care to check at this point). In one of the screenshots you can see 2 engines firing on the outside instead of 4. That's the max that this design will do though: going over 3000 parts makes parts disappear on me, and the game likes to crash about every 3rd time while loading up the launchpad.

Now who can get 1250?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.