[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

I just loaded it up in blender, and it looks right to me, unless either you think it's upside down, or you're trying to launch something built in the SPH rather than the VAB. If the latter, then I might have to pull some shenanigans in EL when building an SPH vessel.

http://imgur.com/a/pxpLA

The plane is indeed placed in a wrong direction. I still have to learn how to embed images here.

edit: Regarding the Launchpad, is it possible to specify maximal dimensions for the vehicle that is to be produced? In case of the SpaceDock it makes a lot of sense to limit at least the height to the dimension of the Dock itself.

Edited by Fendrin

On 10/18/2016 at 3:48 PM, taniwha said:

I have released version 5.5.1 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 5.5.0:

• Add support for specifying the flow mode for extractors, defaulting to ALL_VESSEL.
  • As a result, fix the stalled augers.

hey Taniwha, first of thanks for keeping up this mod! it's become a staple of my KSP builds along with a few others. 

with that said, after the last patch (if I remember correctly it did work with 5.5.0 for 1.2) newly built probes do not seem to fulfill the 'newly built probe' condition on the contracts to put a probe in, say, munar orbit. is this a change or am I just remembering things incorrectly?

I'm glad this is updated to 1.2 - this is probably my favourite KSP mod ever :D

Just one issue though - once I installed it, I noticed my launch clamps look strange in flight view (they look fine in the VAB though). The tower part looks like a solid pillar of concrete as opposed to a truss, and they levitate in the air (I can't get a screenshot since I'm away from my PC at the moment). Other than that, they work fine, their levitation doesn't make them crash into the ground once physics kicks in, it's as if part of the truss is invisible.

I'm not 100% sure if this is an EPL issue or not, but I remember there being a similar bug in a previous versions, the only difference being it affected the clamps in the VAB view as well as flight view, and additionally they would lose their ability to detach from the craft so they'd just be a static object. I remember fixing it by using a newer .dll file, but right now the one I'm using is the most up-to-date version.

Is this a known issue? I briefly searched the thread but I couldn't find anything. I'll get screenshots and output logs if needed.

yorshee: Is this a craft from 1.1.3 or earlier? If so, you will have to remove and re-add the launch clamps: the behavior EL added to launch clamps in earlier versions is now in stock. I tried to smooth the transition, but it seems to have not worked, sorry.

1 hour ago, StevieC said:

I've found that in 5.5.1, the the toolbar button, whether in stock toolbar or Blizzy's, has vanished completely, making it impossible for me to hide the EPL window in the editor.

Same here. @taniwha, EPL needs to recompile using the newest toolbar wrapper due to a bug exposed by Contract Configurator. Something about dynamic methods; essentially, buttons disappear when CC is installed.

More info here:

Edited by Booots

I've grabbed the latest wrapper code and put it into EL, but I have no time for testing right now. I'll do that when I get home from work tonight.

Oh, and thanks for the detailed report!

Edited by taniwha

Great. Thank you very much. Will test soon as I encounter the problem in carrer install.

Edit: Yes it works. Only complain: Do you mind to make it optional which toolbar to use via settings? I NEED to have blizzy's toolbar installed to keep ScanSat working but I rather want to use the stockk toolbar. Right now EL is only on blizzy's toolbar if installed.

Edited by Mace from Space

@taniwha Just an FYI that the latest EPL is throwing an exception in the KerbalStats wrapper that looks very similar to the toolbar one from a few posts ago:

Spoiler

NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
  at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetExportedTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.KerbalStats.KerbalExt.<Get>m__0 (.LoadedAssembly a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly,System.Type[]].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Type[],System.Type].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.KerbalStats.KerbalExt.Get (.ProtoCrewMember kerbal, System.String parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExWorkshop.KerbalContribution (.ProtoCrewMember crew, Single stupidity, Single courage, Boolean isBadass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExWorkshop.DetermineProductivity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExWorkshop+<WaitAndDetermineProductivity>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Is there any chance of adding something like a "global productivity multiplier" in the config?

I ask because the balance between this mod and KCT is way off. An appropriate rebalance might be to multiply EPL's default ProductivityFactor values by something like 1/100, but as far as I can tell the only way of doing this right now is to go through and modify these values individually for every part, which becomes a pain very quickly.

(EDIT: oops, edited the wrong post.)

Edited by sadhfg

@taniwha - apologies if this is already done in 5.5.2/etc but I haven't seen anything about it... in the past, for KSP before 1.2, there was a problem building with survey stakes on all but the flattest of ground - the ship/base/etc would be constructed at the midpoint X/Y/Z between all the stakes, so if the ground wasn't level, part of your building would clip into the ground, which would then summon the kraken with very unpredictable results.

My idea is this - add an option so that the craft/base/etc is built at the *highest* altitude of the placed stakes, maybe with a +/- slider to fine tune that?  That would allow a base placed on a 2 degree incline to be built so that all the parts are above ground, and then it'd have to settle down to the ground (obviously it wouldn't work for super steep slopes, but that's not the problem most people have.. problem is everywhere but KSC and Minmus, nothing's 0.0 degrees and clipping is a huge problem.. I think this would go a long way to solve it and make ground survey stake-based on-site building a lot more functional.  What do you (and everyone else) think?

@ss8913: check the docs (EL_Manual.pdf), page 6 (as of 5.5.2's version). The feature you want is the -Y bounds stake, and has been there for some time (since 5.1.0, Feb 2015), which will be why you haven't seen anything in recent release notes.

Edited by taniwha

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

@ss8913: check the docs (EL_Manual.pdf), page 6 (as of 5.5.2's version). The feature you want is the -Y bounds stake, and has been there for some time (since 5.1.0, Feb 2015), which will be why you haven't seen anything in recent release notes.

excellent, I know some other people who are having the same issue that I was, I will also let them know about this.  Thank you so much!

I have run in a sort of a problem with EPL. When i goto the Map View and Right-Click on a Vessel to leave it's information up and move the view to a different angle the information becomes fuzzy as well as the Nav Hud and Clock. I removed the mod (Current Version) and went back into the game and went thru the same steps to recreate it and it did not happen. Sorry, i do not have the log file.

Could it be a conflict or a bug that is causing this problem. Any information would help.

How does this work with Realism Overhaul, because I really want to use this but I also like realism overhaul, because this seems like it would be a bit too overpowered with the kerbin system, really all I want to use this for is for building stuff in space from parts brought up by a Skylon alike, So that I'm not limited by the cargo bay as to what I can build in space, without the pain in the ass of docking things togther and then having the weight and flexing that docking ports introduce.

Edited by etheoma

@taniwha - followup to earlier, I read the entire PDF docs... if you hadn't told me here that the Y- stake is what I was looking for to solve my problem, I'd never have known that *just* from reading the docs.  I'd suggest that each stake type have a little blurb about "this is a situation where you'd use this stake type while actually building something in KSP" - teaching through examples is often more effective than just supplying the reference material, at least for me. 

However, the combination of your message here plus the PDF has me pretty confident that I can get my base built.  Now just waiting on FAR so I have a way to get the kerbals on-site, since my craft designs don't mix well with stock aerodynamics, I found out last night in a rather spectacular way.