[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

1 hour ago, Parpaza said:

Quick question, is a negative value possible to appear or is this a bug? This seems to keep appearing if I specifically leave Bill alone without an other engineers. If this is a bug, I'll try to post my latest KSP.log. (This kept occurring for every command module when I had the alternate resource config' mod)

Entirely normal. To put it simply, Bill is too stupid. Put in multi star engineers that have very low stupidity levels (I use kerbalstats and portrait stats mods to give me all the stats for each kerbal)

4 hours ago, rozwell said:

First, you have at least one mod that does not like KSP 1.2.2: something is using KSPUtil (went away in KSP 1.2) and KSPAPIExtensions (died in KSP 1.1).

However, EL is having trouble highlighting the stakes in the site. I'll see what I can do.

2 hours ago, Parpaza said:

Quick question, is a negative value possible to appear or is this a bug? This seems to keep appearing if I specifically leave Bill alone without an other engineers. If this is a bug, I'll try to post my latest KSP.log. (This kept occurring for every command module when I had the alternate resource config' mod)

As Agnemon mentions, it is quite possible and it is because Bill is too stupid. BTW, if you look closely, you'll see that it is approximately -3e-9. When I do the math by hand, Bill is supposed to have a productivity of exactly 0, but the vagaries of computer math introduce roundoff error and he winds up just below 0.

Kerbal productivity ranges from -1 to 1 normally, or -2 to 2 for badass kerbals. However, there are ways to improve a kerbal's productivity. I strongly recommend reading the sections on Productivity and Construction Skill in EL's manual (EL_Manual.pdf in the zip).

BTW, I've been doing a fair bit of work on the manual over the last few days. You can see the latest WIP here.

49 minutes ago, taniwha said:

First, you have at least one mod that does not like KSP 1.2.2: something is using KSPUtil (went away in KSP 1.2) and KSPAPIExtensions (died in KSP 1.1).

However, EL is having trouble highlighting the stakes in the site. I'll see what I can do.

As Agnemon mentions, it is quite possible and it is because Bill is too stupid. BTW, if you look closely, you'll see that it is approximately -3e-9. When I do the math by hand, Bill is supposed to have a productivity of exactly 0, but the vagaries of computer math introduce roundoff error and he winds up just below 0.

Kerbal productivity ranges from -1 to 1 normally, or -2 to 2 for badass kerbals. However, there are ways to improve a kerbal's productivity. I strongly recommend reading the sections on Productivity and Construction Skill in EL's manual (EL_Manual.pdf in the zip).

BTW, I've been doing a fair bit of work on the manual over the last few days. You can see the latest WIP here.

Thanks for the quick reply both of you! The exact reason why I posted this however was because I read the manual and wasn't able to figure out why this was exactly happening. I'll check out the manual and (hopefully) give some feedback. Thanks for your replies, both of you!

Well, looks like I'll have to do a bloody full crew rotation now though :/. Or else that $ 50,000 Orbital Dry Dock just went to waste...

@Parpaza: If you've got EL's blue workshop installed, just install KerbalStats, put your engineers in the workshop, and wait. Even the stupidest engineer will gain enough experience to be at least slightly productive (unless he's badass? don't remember now).

@Parpaza : by far the easiest way to get the workshop to your station is to build it there (and shuffle it with a tug). Of course, that leaves the problem of getting your kerbals the experience to build the workshop. However, if you can get 20t to orbit, it should be easy enough to launch it (though expensive).

Oh, and to get better productivity (assuming you have positive productivity in the first place) is to build a rocket workbench (the funny tower thing in pods) and attach it somewhere using KIS (takes two kerbals to move it).

Edited by taniwha

48 minutes ago, Startlingzeus9 said:

yes I do. do you know what I can do? is there a part in MKS or do I have to edit things?

Well, you have a couple of options. Before we get into them, note that by default, MKS also changes the recipes/resource chain of EL. So, your options:

First, you can just leave things the way they are and use the USI parts instead of the EL ones (MKS gives you an orbital shipyard, a ground-based launchpad, and a survey station. It leaves EL's Mallet and Survey Stakes) and the MKS resources.  

Second, you can go into GameData -> UmbraSpaceIndustries -> MKS -> EL_USI.cfg and delete all of the code below the line that starts with "// Removes all extraneous EL parts..." This will bring back all of the EL parts, but you will still be using the MKS resource chain. 

Finally, you can just delete the entire EL_USI.cfg file. This will bring back all of the EL parts and the EL parts will use EL resources, not the MKS ones. 

When running EL alongside MKS, I would suggest having a quick look at this page from the MKS wiki. If you are not familiar with the MKS supply chain, other pages in that wiki have details about it. Also, if you decide to go with either the first or second option, I would suggest you take any EL issues you have with regards to resources, recipes, or the MKS parts to the MKS forum thread. GUI and "how to use" EL questions are better off here. 

Sorry for the firehose of information. Does that all make sense?

7 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Well, you have a couple of options. Before we get into them, note that by default, MKS also changes the recipes/resource chain of EL. So, your options:

First, you can just leave things the way they are and use the USI parts instead of the EL ones (MKS gives you an orbital shipyard, a ground-based launchpad, and a survey station. It leaves EL's Mallet and Survey Stakes) and the MKS resources.  

Second, you can go into GameData -> UmbraSpaceIndustries -> MKS -> EL_USI.cfg and delete all of the code below the line that starts with "// Removes all extraneous EL parts..." This will bring back all of the EL parts, but you will still be using the MKS resource chain. 

Finally, you can just delete the entire EL_USI.cfg file. This will bring back all of the EL parts and the EL parts will use EL resources, not the MKS ones. 

When running EL alongside MKS, I would suggest having a quick look at this page from the MKS wiki. If you are not familiar with the MKS supply chain, other pages in that wiki have details about it. Also, if you decide to go with either the first or second option, I would suggest you take any EL issues you have with regards to resources, recipes, or the MKS parts to the MKS forum thread. GUI and "how to use" EL questions are better off here. 

Sorry for the firehose of information. Does that all make sense?

thank you so much man. this was really helpful.

33 minutes ago, Merkov said:

If I delete the entire file, Do MKS parts that work with El still exist? and what resources would those work on? THnaks for this.

The MKS ones will still exist. Going off memory and no sleep, I'm pretty sure that EL basically has one set of recipes which can be edited through MM configs (which is exactly what MKS' patch does). So, when you delete the whole file, both the MKS and EL parts should use the EL supply chain.

Hey, I am having an issue with MKS where the Logistics modules build UI is broken (which I have been told is handled by EPL). 

VAOu5eG.png

It was caused by pausing a build while it was about 90% of the way complete then moving a pilot into the logistics module. The menu shows up fine for about half a second after loading but then goes blank as shown in the image above and throws out a near constant exception. Any ideas on how to fix this?

My KSP.log is available here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7e73wfrsw5yvzn/KSP.log?dl=0

1 hour ago, sardia said:

What's a good mod that lets you breed more kerbals? I'm about to leave for Mars and I rather not have to rescue more kerbals. 

Well... funny you should ask that. While it's not ready yet, I am working on such a beast (progeny branch of KerbalStats). However, I believe there's something like Civilian Population (I don't remember the exact name). There's another (a life support mod) that 5thHorseman is/was using in his Lazy Grand Tour, but it seems he had trouble getting it to work.

@Ryan123220: They're not related but both RPM and SmokeScreen appear to be broken. Problems with B9, too.

It appears you're running into the stake highlighting problem (I haven't had a chance to look into it yet). However, that's actually a symptom. There is something going wrong with site fetching when EL tries to adjust the highlighting.

Edited by taniwha

4 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Well... funny you should ask that. While it's not ready yet, I am working on such a beast (progeny branch of KerbalStats). However, I believe there's something like Civilian Population (I don't remember the exact name). There's another (a life support mod) that 5thHorseman is/was using in his Lazy Grand Tour, but it seems he had trouble getting it to work.

@Ryan123220: They're not related but both RPM and SmokeScreen appear to be broken. Problems with B9, too.

It appears you're running into the stake highlighting problem (I haven't had a chance to look into it yet). However, that's actually a symptom. There is something going wrong with site fetching when EL tries to adjust the highlighting.

Thanks for letting me know other mods that are having problems. I am currently using a mix-matched versioned mod set because this is for a youtube series. I did not exactly have the time to wait around for everything to get updated properly due to my video schedule. Everything has been working 100% ok in game with other mods, and EPL has never caused a problem until this. It is strange that pausing the build and switching a kerbal around caused such a break.

I have not tried it yet because I want to avoid doing more damage, but is this a bug that would only effect that one craft or is every EPL craft now broken?

2 hours ago, sardia said:

What's a good mod that lets you breed more kerbals?

15 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Looking forward to seeing this new mod @taniwha. Civilian Population Revamped was the mod of choice but a feature change in KSP 1.2.2 causes it to flood MissingMethodException. It's also going into limbo again as its maintainer is no longer up to the job. The mod 5thHorseman used is SimpleLife but it's stuck at KSP 1.1.3.

@Ryan123220: If you can find a working base or station, turn of pad highlighting (the green light beside the pad selector dropdown in the build window). That should bypass the problem.

@JadeOfMaar: Unfortunately, Progeny is one of those projects where I thought "yeah, this shouldn't be too difficult"... two years ago :/. On the bright side, KSP 1.2 brought some features that made things a little easier, and having worked on KSP itself brought some understanding why I had problems in various places, so I made a bit of progress in November.

Also, it doesn't help that I have 6 active mods.

50 minutes ago, taniwha said:

There's another (a life support mod) that 5thHorseman is/was using in his Lazy Grand Tour, but it seems he had trouble getting it to work.

Yeah I dropped the mod. I don't know if the breeding part would have worked, but the Life Support part surely didn't. Also, I decided that I didn't want to deal with life support in this playthrough ever.

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

I decided that I didn't want to deal with life support in this playthrough ever.

I can't say I blame you. And after experiencing [x]Science, I can fully sympathize with "where is that blasted report button".

9 minutes ago, taniwha said:

On the bright side, KSP 1.2 brought some features that made things a little easier, and having worked on KSP itself brought some understanding why I had problems in various places, so I made a bit of progress in November.

Also, it doesn't help that I have 6 active mods.

That's a lot of mods. :( But that's also good to know.

2 hours ago, Ryan123220 said:

It was caused by pausing a build while it was about 90% of the way complete then moving a pilot into the logistics module. The menu shows up fine for about half a second after loading but then goes blank as shown in the image above and throws out a near constant exception. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Was the pilot you moved in the survey station (ie, moved from survey station to logistics module)? If so, then I think I've figured out what's going on: the survey station's range dropped and lost sight of the site. Putting a pilot into the survey station again should fix it.

Better yet, on looking at the code, the offending function was poorly considered and I honestly don't remember what I was thinking when I wrote it. I thought I fixed it a while back, but....

I found an issue in the science game mod. I cannot turn on the EL menue, which shows how many rocket parts you need an how much mass your ship has.

In sandbox everthing is ok.

A new game in science mode has the same issue.