[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

It seems vessels built EL don't qualify as satisfying contractual needs for 'new'.

qEYxKr8.png

It has a docking port, it has an antenna, and most definitely it has solar panels, so it can generate power. It was built after accepting the contract, using EL, on Gilly.

...any way around that other than alt+F12 and cheat-complete the contract?

16 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

It has a docking port, it has an antenna, and most definitely it has solar panels, so it can generate power. It was built after accepting the contract, using EL, on Gilly.

Does it have ANY parts from another vessel attached where that other vessel was launched or built before you accepted the contract? Or any parts that were in KIS containers? (despite my efforts, they have given me a lot of grief)

Just one "old" (true or bogus) part will ruin the contract. I talked to Arsonide back when I first encountered this myself, and his response was that "new" means "new", ie all parts must be new. If you have an old section docked to your new qualifying station and if separate the new one would qualify, undocking the old might help.

Whether it helps or not, please get me your save file before you do anything.

22 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Does it have ANY parts from another vessel attached where that other vessel was launched or built before you accepted the contract? Or any parts that were in KIS containers? (despite my efforts, they have given me a lot of grief)

Just one "old" (true or bogus) part will ruin the contract. I talked to Arsonide back when I first encountered this myself, and his response was that "new" means "new", ie all parts must be new. If you have an old section docked to your new qualifying station and if separate the new one would qualify, undocking the old might help.

Whether it helps or not, please get me your save file before you do anything.

Nope, although I'm not sure if the pilot didn't carry anything old in her pocket :)

On off-chance was the solar panels were the funny hexagonal type from some mod, not stock.

Well, for now I solved this with alt+F12, I'll be sure to make a copy of the save if it happens again.

Edited by Sharpy

Fair enough. Unfortunately, I'm currently playing with Contract Configurator and a bunch of contract packs, so I don't get those contracts, and getting a save to a point where I can test is... time consuming (I almost always test using legitimate play because it doubles as play-testing (and I wouldn't get much time for play otherwise)).

1 minute ago, taniwha said:

@SSr48: The button is always there, but it is effective only when the vessel has a "pad" (launchpad, orbital dock, or survey station). I do not know which MKS parts would provide these.

I am playing career mode do you know when the Survey station is unlocked?

On 1/14/2017 at 9:55 AM, Sharpy said:

It seems vessels built EL don't qualify as satisfying contractual needs for 'new'.

qEYxKr8.png

...any way around that other than alt+F12 and cheat-complete the contract?

On 1/14/2017 at 8:37 PM, Agnemon said:

@Sharpy I have found, in the past that some contracts will not be accepted as complete until to I shift back to KSC or some other ship, then back to the contract vessel.

Also Alt-F5 / Alt-F9 does it.

I also notice that there are no crew portraits when I release a new ship until I alt-f5-f9.

I'm using Simple Construction though so never know if it's an EL thing or due to the fact that I'm not running "pure" EL.

49 minutes ago, cakekspnub said:

i have Just installed EL and when i try to build a craft with the orbital construction dock the build percentage bar says "0% 0s" and doesnt move? can someone please help me fix it?

Peruse through the thread?  Then check what your productivity is.

All right, back with the same problem. I tried the brute-force approach, reinstalled EL and MKS and all related mods, reverting to previous saves and so on. Don't think I mentioned it before, but after disabling pad highlighting on other crafts, the broken window remains, with the green light off.

If needed, I can put up a new ksp.log, though I can't imagine anything gamechanging has happened.

After more testing, I noticed that I've only seen the broken UI when using survey stations and stakes, never when using the Orbital Dock (or the MKS equivalent). Maybe this is significant, maybe not, but I thought I would mention it.

@Shawarmakriger: The highlight state is not stored in the save files, so it is reset every time you start KSP. Reinstalling will not help. Every time you start KSP, you need to find a pad that does not have a broken window (this should be anything using a lauchpad or orbital dock, but NOT a survey station), and disable highlighting (the unlabeled green light beside the pad name (usually pad-0)).

I have made the relevant changes to the code, but not pushed yet as I'm still testing (when I have time:/), so a fix will take a while yet, sorry. I do not know why you consistently have the problem as it has been rather intermittent for me (otherwise I would have fixed it long ago as it would have been in my face).

Oh, and the reason I'm waiting until I am able to test before pushing (and then releasing) is because I want to ensure I haven't uncovered any new bugs.

Having trouble using EL. I have all the materials and everything and i have engineers, and vessel productivity isnt a problem but the build meter is stuck at 0%. im using MKS and i removed all the parts except for the survey stake but i dont think thats the problem. does anyone else have this problem and or know how to fix it?

EDIT: after taking a look at it, all my workshops have a productivity of 0 no matter how many engineers and workspace i put in and idk how to fix that

does anyone know how?

Edited by justspace103

Hi, I've got a situation where most/all EL parts fail to be compiled by the PartLoader. This isn't the old MKS issue, not at all. Linux x64, v1.2.2. All was well on v1.2.1

Spoiler

[LOG 22:50:18.844] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/Auger/part/SmallAuger'
[ERR 22:50:18.845] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format
  at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 22:50:18.845] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 22:50:18.845] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/Auger/part/TinyAuger'
[ERR 22:50:18.846] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 22:50:18.846] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
--
[LOG 22:50:18.929] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/HexCanRocketParts/hcrpnormal/Rocketparts7x'
[ERR 22:50:18.932] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:18.932] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 22:50:18.932] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/HexCanRocketParts/hcrpsmall/RocketpartsSmall7x'
[ERR 22:50:18.934] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:18.934] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 22:50:18.934] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/Magnetometer/part/Magnetometer'
[ERR 22:50:18.935] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:18.935] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 22:50:18.935] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/Mallet/part/ExMallet'
[ERR 22:50:18.936] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:18.936] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
--
[ERR 22:50:18.976] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:18.976] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
--
[LOG 22:50:18.992] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/aeon/ELTankLargeORE/part/ELTankLargeORE'
[ERR 22:50:18.993] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:18.993] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
--
[LOG 22:50:19.000] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/aeon/ELTankMedORE/part/ELTankMedORE'
[ERR 22:50:19.002] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:19.002] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 22:50:19.002] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/aeon/ELTankMedRP/part/ELTankMedRP'
[ERR 22:50:19.003] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:19.003] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 22:50:19.003] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/aeon/ELTankSmlMTL/part/ELTankSmlMTL'
[ERR 22:50:19.004] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:19.004] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 22:50:19.004] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/aeon/ELTankSmlORE/part/ELTankSmlORE'
[ERR 22:50:19.005] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:19.005] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 22:50:19.005] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/aeon/ELTankSmlRP/part/ELTankSmlRP'
[ERR 22:50:19.006] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:19.006] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
--
[LOG 22:50:19.017] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/rocket_builder/part/RocketBuilder'
[EXC 22:50:19.030] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p)
	PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName)
--
[ERR 22:50:19.048] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:19.048] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 22:50:19.048] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/smelter/part/TinySmelter'
[ERR 22:50:19.049] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format

[ERR 22:50:19.049] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

I tried to clean that list up a bit - it was the result of a contextual grep. The result is the same both with CKAN and a manual install of EL v5.6.0.

A similar issue was here. If it's not an integer requirement, could it be character encoding? I had a great time with KSP 1.0.5, when the loader would CTD if I didn't set my locale to en_US. :rolleyes:

Edit: I've got some detective work to do. The problem doesn't occur on an otherwise-stock install of v1.2.2. Time to dive deep into my 220+ mods... :confused:

Edit 2: For completeness, it was caused by an entryCost multiplier section in SETI-rebalance's MM config. The problem affected B9, Near Future Spacecraft, and even a stock part.

Edited by Bluebottle

Hey everyone,

I've been struggling with what seems like a simple problem, and I've done a lot of research all over and can't seem to figure it out. I'm using a combination of Extraplanetary Launchpads and USI, and whenever I assign a build task from one of my bases to a launchpad, the progress remains at 0%. I understand that I need to assign competent kerbals to certain stations in order to improve productivity, but no combination of experienced/smart/engineer kerbals in any stations anywhere on my base will bring productivity above 0. Stations I've tried include a command pod, a USI "Duna" Pioneer module (which is listed on this page https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Extraplanetary-Launchpads) as being the proper module for productivity), and the launchpad itself. I even altered my kerbals via the save to have almost no stupidity, with no luck. All my kerbals I've attempted to use have been 5 star.

I'm sure this problem comes up a lot, but I can't find much documentation on this problem in combination with USI and I'm beginning to get very frustrated. Is there anything obvious I could be doing wrong? I'd appreciate any help anyone is willing to offer!

Is there any way i can turn off the considering of stupidity/courage when calculating productivity? I would like it to be solely based on the stats and types of kerbals. Using MKS, if that makes a difference.

30 minutes ago, taniwha said:

@TownEater: Check your Module Manager version.

I don't know exactly what the problem was, but completely uninstalling kerbal, reinstalling it, and installing all the mods fresh fixed my problem(and others I was having). So maybe I just needed a new Module Manager version, but whatever I did worked :D

Thanks for the help!

I need help with stakes - I've read the staking tutorial, yet I can't figure out how to prevent vessels being built inside terrain.

I've staked +X, -X +Y and -Y boundaries, forming a cross (near Mun equator), vessel is built excatly half way into terrain.

I've added -Z boundary, next to on of the other stakes, but it didn't do anything. (still clips)

Help?

44 minutes ago, Barcel said:

I need help with stakes - I've read the staking tutorial, yet I can't figure out how to prevent vessels being built inside terrain.

I've staked +X, -X +Y and -Y boundaries, forming a cross (near Mun equator), vessel is built excatly half way into terrain.

I've added -Z boundary, next to on of the other stakes, but it didn't do anything. (still clips)

Help?

I'd start with less boundaries, if that's possible.  You're getting *very* precise in where you want to place the vessel, so EL doesn't have much choice.  Usually I place a few origin stakes around an area (just so the vessel doesn't spawn directly on top of a stake), and maybe one boundary.  In your case, I'd change all the X and Y stakes to origin, and move the -Z boundary uphill, if there's any slope.