[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Oh, haha. I see your problem. You're testing with Bill Kerman. If you do the math by hand, his productivity is exactly 0. 32-bit floating-point math gives -1.490116E-08. A few choices to fix: get him more experience (2 stars is enough for your purposes), test in sandbox, or find a better engineer.

BTW, that 0 productivity for Bill was a complete fluke: I designed the curves just to "feel ok" to me, and found that poor Bill wound up with 0 (Bob about 0.8, Jeb about 0.4 or 0.5, don't remember, Val somewhat higher, but she came along long after even experience handling).

10 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Oh, haha. I see your problem. You're testing with Bill Kerman. If you do the math by hand, his productivity is exactly 0. 32-bit floating-point math gives -1.490116E-08. A few choices to fix: get him more experience (2 stars is enough for your purposes), test in sandbox, or find a better engineer.

BTW, that 0 productivity for Bill was a complete fluke: I designed the curves just to "feel ok" to me, and found that poor Bill wound up with 0 (Bob about 0.8, Jeb about 0.4 or 0.5, don't remember, Val somewhat higher, but she came along long after even experience handling).

OK, is it a DLL thing or can i fix that by MM magic? You know i am using SimpleConstructions and i am trying to get rid of the time needed to build with EP, so having EVERY Kerbal at productivity = 1 is ok for me.

Edited by Blackline
typo

Sorry if this problem was already answered but everything seems to work fine with the mod except when i finalize build (even with the sliders for xenon or whatever fuel at max and with lot's of rocketparts and full fuel tanks) my newly made rocket doesn't transfer on any fuel and has empty fuel tanks. Solid fuel and batteries seem fine but fuel transfer is an issue. Did I install something wrong?

@nat: First, the transfer does not happen until you hit Release. Second, you need to have those resources on-hand.

Oh, and if you're building via a survey site, you cannot transfer resources. (you need to use KAS pipes or similar).

Edited by taniwha

Im using the orbitaldock and I'm having the same problem with the simple construction mod. I click release and the new rocket doesn't have any fuel. I'm launching from a space station with cross feed enabled btw and thanks for the lightning fast answer.

@nat: Then  make sure you have sufficient of the relevant resources on your station: EL does not create stuff out of nothing (SolidFuel and Ablator are created from RocketParts). If you have the resources, then my guess is some fuel-switcher mod is interfering (shouldn't be MFT as I use that).

Yeah, it could be. I've heard reports of IFS not cooperating. However, I have found a problem in EL where it was unable to get at KIS container contents. I've fixed that (yesterday), but the two issues might be related (same idea, different places and slightly different solutions).

Edited by taniwha

I have had significant problems with finalizing the build, objects will spawn underground, and the area is totally flat so I cant find any hills to use Y- bounds on... any suggestions?

I even modified the cfg file so I can attach stakes to buildings but that didn't work either...

Why not just add an XYZ offset option in the interface before building? That way if someone spawns something and it comes out in the ground they can just adjust directly and try again?

Is there anyway to modify the cfg files to change default spawn height relative to origin?

Edited by [email protected]

@[email protected]: if it's coming out in the ground, especially with only a single origin stake, something is very very wrong. I thought I had tested survey builds in 1.2 (I haven't gotten to them in my play yet, but soon!), but you are at least the second person to have run into this.

I have found problems related to spawning and parts starting up properly, and I've fixed that particular instance (not yet released, but pushed to github). I'm very much on the alert for more related issues.

I think the irregularly flat ground may be causing a problem because it's literally dead flat for 200m in all directions on those giant flatlands of minimus.

My moon base has quirks where if I make a build it will no longer consider the bounds stakes if i build again with the same stakes.  

Forgive me for being a noob, but using the git project do I just compile a .dll and replace to apply updates to my in game build? I don't mind testing the build, or even attempting fixes myself.

Personally I think since for the launchpad you have an adjustable y offset, perhaps add this directly to the cfg of the stake also or even as part of the in game console, so when modifying a survey stake in game,  just as you can set direction and bounds you can also modify the origins height off the ground itself, the position xz set by stake location, andyou can essentially spawn higher or lower to totally avoid / adjust for the spawn problems. 

@[email protected]: yes, just recompile. I use make, so it's just "make KSPDIR=[directory holding KSP bin] install". You will need mono (for mcs), git (but you have that, presumably) and bash at a minimum (comiling in Source), but inkscape, xetex (with bliblatex), and graphviz (and maybe some more?) for a full build/install.

Hey,

First of all thanks for this great Mod.

I have just added this mod to my game and I have realized that some parts are not appearing in de VAB. For example I cannot find the SurveyStake, Launchpad2 some HexCans and a few more parts.

Here is my output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2u73peej0o1pt7f/output_log.txt?dl=0

My guess it’s conflicting with another mod I installed but I don’t really know how to read the output_log. Would be very appreciated if someone could give me a hind.

Thanks

@Gilsch: You have UmbraSpaceIndustries installed. It's highly likely it, or one of its related mods has some Module Manager patches that disable several EL parts (this is a common issue). The reason for the parts being disabled is they don't fit in with USI's scheme as USI replaces the resource chain used to feed EL's construction "system". However, not finding the survey stake is a surprise. I guess USI has since come up with a replacement part for it (it is rather hard to see).

Edited by taniwha

55 minutes ago, taniwha said:

@Gilsch: You have UmbraSpaceIndustries installed. It's highly likely it, or one of its related mods has some Module Manager patches that disable several EL parts (this is a common issue). The reason for the parts being disabled is they don't fit in with USI's scheme as USI replaces the resource chain used to feed EL's construction "system". However, not finding the survey stake is a surprise. I guess USI has since come up with a replacement part for it (it is rather hard to see).

That was a bug in one version of MKS I believe - MKS is actually phasing out support for EL: RoverDude doesn't use it, and is switching to Ground Construction as more fitting his vision.  (There will still be some user-supplied patches in MKS.)

Either way, removing and reinstalling MKS from the current version should fix it - assuming he's not having some other problem.

Hi,

I believe I have a conflict with a mod and I need some help. I believe it's MKS: USI Modular Kolonization Systems, which replaced the requirements for Orbital Construction from Rocket Parts to Material Kits/Specialized parts. What's the best way to ensure that the requirements stay with EL? Thanks.

--- Edit... I just saw the message above .

Edited by pp3d
paying attention

Ok so I tried to remove all the stuff from UmbraSpaceIndustries. Didn't change anything. So I tried with a fresh installation of KSP and added the mods one by one. It seems to be a problem with the SETI-Rebalance Mod.

If I remove it, all parts are showing and when I add the mod some parts are missing. Don’t know exactly how they are interacting or what exactly is causing the problem.

Anyway thanks for the help.