[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Do you want me to test Toolbar with nothing but your test buttons or something like that?

No, I think that is enough information. I'll see what I can do regarding the cursor textures. The ones in 1.1.0 have been tested with the older version of Unity in KSP 0.22, perhaps things have changed with 0.23.

[YELLING]The Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler (see sig) also uses it.[/YELLING] Don't worry about that one. I forgot to mention that it shifted to using the Toolbar Plugin when I initially updated it for KSP 0.23.

Just to let you know that Kerbal Alarm Clock and KSP Alternate Resource Panel now have integration with this - via late binding.

Thanks, added both.

Did you go for the "important" feature to warn of running low on fuel? And... I don't know if you had anything planned for KAC in that regard...?

Not yet, ran out of time this time round and wanted to get some 0.23 out. Will look at that for next release in both KAC and the ARP.

I did have a possible request for you. Would it be difficult to add some events/properties for mouseover, then I could do similar to what I have in the ARP where you can have the panel hidden till you mouse over the button? With the way GUI works a property on the button for MouseOver would be the easiest for me to consume as I could test for that instead of the current Rect.contains code I use for the Unity button

Would it be difficult to add some events/properties for mouseover

Not difficult, but I fear a bit of abuse. On the other hand, I don't recall seeing any other mods using their old buttons doing anything on mouse-over. So heck, why not.

I'd rather go for MouseEnter/MouseOut events, though, rather than you testing for a boolean value all the time.

Not difficult, but I fear a bit of abuse. On the other hand, I don't recall seeing any other mods using their old buttons doing anything on mouse-over. So heck, why not.

I'd rather go for MouseEnter/MouseOut events, though, rather than you testing for a boolean value all the time.

Either would be Ace, thanks

Just played around making new icons

Here's for FAR:

DYnUplB.jpg

(white, standard button, no stall. yellow, minor stall. red, major stall detected)

just need to refine colors a bit, maybe add some glow to make them more pronounced.

Did one for TAC life support too:

rzjE2I0.png

If anyone's interested in icon design for their mod, I'm available =)

Just played around making new icons

If anyone's interested in icon design for their mod, I'm available =)

Wow Nothke, those look great.

If you have any ideas for something for the Alternate Resource Panel I'd appreciate some ideas (you dont have to make it for me), I'm not all that happy with the clipboard idea I came up with

Wow Nothke, those look great.

If you have any ideas for something for the Alternate Resource Panel I'd appreciate some ideas (you dont have to make it for me), I'm not all that happy with the clipboard idea I came up with

I've checked out ARP and I think it's ok, although the icon looks very similar to crew manifest. I might come up with something later, maybe a barrel, I mean something looking like a fuel tank?

Although offtopic, but it's so annoying now to have a stock "resources" panel on the corner, just love the ARP.. Is there any way to remove it?

EDIT:

Just made all icons blueish, same hue as Kerbal GUI when "idle", when they are active they should become white (obviously without ARP)

MGOdJm4.png

EDIT #2:

Here I drew quickly a new ARP icon with just "levels" looking pools or sliders however you wanna call it:

ZGIg8Yo.png?1

Edited by nothke

I've checked out ARP and I think it's ok, although the icon looks very similar to crew manifest. I might come up with something later, maybe a barrel, I mean something looking like a fuel tank?

Although offtopic, but it's so annoying now to have a stock "resources" panel on the corner, just love the ARP.. Is there any way to remove it?

EDIT:

Just made all icons blueish, same hue as Kerbal GUI when "idle", when they are active they should become white (obviously without ARP)

hadnt seen that crew manifest icon in awhile, yeah I need to change the ARP one. I'll have a crack at a tank over the hols.

Yeah color for state is a great indicator I find, the KAC one does the same colors as the other icon and I"m gonna start using the important flag to cause the toolbar to display when its affecting warp if its autohid

I really like this toolbar

I think Toolbar is spamming my log file with "Look rotation viewing vector is zero" messages. It might be the Optional MechJeb Modules Toolbar Support though. I'm not sure. So far I've traced it down to starting as soon as I add back Toolbar. Otherwise, it works beautifully. Here's my full log file, if that helps, plus here's a relevant excerpt:

[ERR 00:01:18.405] MechJeb module MechJebModuleRoverWaypointWindow threw an exception in OnSave: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MuMech.MechJebModuleRoverWaypointWindow.OnSave (.ConfigNode local, .ConfigNode type, .ConfigNode global) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnLoad (.ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 00:01:23.610] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.610] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.655] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 00:01:23.714] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.715] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.752] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.753] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.804] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.805] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.828] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.828] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.912] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:23.912] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.015] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.016] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.048] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.048] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.150] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.150] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.178] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.178] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.287] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.288] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.318] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.319] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.456] Flight State Captured
[LOG 00:01:24.457] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 00:01:24.459] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 00:01:24.486] Game State Saved as persistent
[LOG 00:01:24.491] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.491] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.576] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.576] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.585] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Attitude_Adjustment
[LOG 00:01:24.587] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Custom_Window_Editor
[LOG 00:01:24.589] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Docking_Autopilot
[LOG 00:01:24.591] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for RCS_Balancer
[LOG 00:01:24.592] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Rendezvous_Autopilot
[LOG 00:01:24.594] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Rendezvous_Planner
[LOG 00:01:24.596] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Rover_Autopilot
[LOG 00:01:24.598] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Settings
[LOG 00:01:24.600] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Spaceplane_Guidance
[LOG 00:01:24.602] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Utilities
[LOG 00:01:24.604] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Warp_Helper
[LOG 00:01:24.606] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Flight_Computer
[LOG 00:01:24.608] [MechJeb2] [MechJebModuleMenuToolbar] No icon for Orbit_Info
[LOG 00:01:24.612] button visibilities have changed, forcing auto-size
[LOG 00:01:24.614] saving toolbar settings (FLIGHT)
[EXC 00:01:24.623] ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
[LOG 00:01:24.695] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:01:24.696] Look rotation viewing vector is zero