[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0

The KSP Alternate Resource Panel is a plugin to the Kerbal Space program game and was created to provide me an alternate view of the resources list and also add some staging functionality to the map view.

Basically installing this gives you an extra button labelled "Alternate" next to the Resources button in the top right corner. When you hover over it it will keep the panel displayed while the mouse is over any part of the panel, or if you click it it will be toggled on.

It displays a list of all the resources that are present on your vessel with a bar graph of the amount on vessel and the amount remaining. It also has the following additional capabilities:

PluginPic.png

• Displays stage amount/usage - so you can see how much fuel is left in your current stage, esp in an asparagus configuration - Now configure which side the stage is displayed on (*New in 2.4.1.0)
  • Adjust the order and Grouping of the Resources so they display how you like - some can even be set to only show up when a threshold is passed - Now with Drag And Drop and Separator Inserts (*New in 2.3.0.0)
  • Optionally displays the change rate (or instant consumption) values
  • Optionally displays time till empty/full (*New in 2.2.0.0)
  • Optionally hide a resource on empty (*New in 2.1.0.0) or on Full (*New in 2.2.0.0)
  • Select Resources to see part windows and look at individual components
  • Transfer Resources between parts - like the standard part windows (*New in 2.1.0.0)
  • Add Alarms to get visual and Audio queues for what needs attention - even add your own sounds
  • Maintains settings and visibility between vessel switches/restarts
  • KAC style update checker added
  • Movable and lockable panel
  • Option of the KSP or Unity styles
  • Ability to add icons by simply placing files in the right folder
  • Ability for Modders to provide icons with their mod and have them display in KSPARP
  • Ability to configure the order of preference for icon sets
  • Ability to configure resources to hide on full/empty as well as cater to disabled flows for full vessel resources
  • Ability to configure non-staging resources to show Active/Reserve values using the green/blue bars (*New in 2.2.2.0)
  • Optional Staging facility with Ability to Activate Stages in Map View, and
  • Ability to use Space Bar in Map view to activate stages - like in standard flight mode
  • Autostaging Controller to activate stages on engine flameout (*New in 2.1.0.0)
  • Now contains icons for resources from: Kethane, Deadly Reentry, Extra Planetary Launchpads, KSP Interstellar, Life Support By Bobcat, RealFues, Near Future, TAC Life Support
  • API for information reading and alarm acknowledgement (*New in 2.1.0.0)

I plan to add a few more items to this over time, but that's it for starters

Heres some vision of the ARP in use - updated for 2.1

And the drag and Drop functionality in 2.3

Instructions

Hopefully I have built this simple enough that the pic below explains all you need... OK, we've moved past that point :) . The below will give you an eyeball at the main screen, but you will find the details on rest of the settings on the Documentation site linked below

KSPARPMap.png

Player Created Icon Sets

Links and further Information

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or Download from SpaceDock

Documentation/Manual

Source Code on GitHub

Version History

Network Connectivity Details

This Mod contains a version checker which can be managed and triggered from the About tab of the settings. It is configured to check once a day by default, and this check also can be disabled. The technical details of it are as follows:

DT-OSILogo16.png This work is licensed under an MIT license as outlined at the OSI site

Looks good, I especially like the stage resource indicators. How is mod support for this?

I assume you mean mod resources. It should read any defined game resource, so Mod resources should display.

I only created icons for the standard ones, and was going to look at some other mod resources next. If it has no icon it displays a two letter acronym for the resource and on all the resources a tooltip displays the full name.

The staging option is displayed for any resources that dont have a flow mode of all_vessel

I assume you mean mod resources. It should read any defined game resource, so Mod resources should display.

I only created icons for the standard ones, and was going to look at some other mod resources next. If it has no icon it displays a two letter acronym for the resource and on all the resources a tooltip displays the full name.

The staging option is displayed for any resources that dont have a flow mode of all_vessel

Very nice, testing now. Looks very slick, and the added staging functionality in map view is a godsend.

Are there any plans for integrating resource instant consumption stats to the bars?

Very nice, testing now. Looks very slick, and the added staging functionality in map view is a godsend.

Are there any plans for integrating resource instant consumption stats to the bars?

If you mean the numbers in "()" in the main one, then yes I was playing with it, but was running out of time to get something published this weekend. Getting the resource usage is quite difficult programmatically, so I set up something to measure over time, but struck issues with physwarp so I went live without it. I have a lot of the code already there in the source, and just need to tweak it to release.

If it's something else, then just let me know and I'll see what I can do

Downloaded and testing... Currently, there seems to be something 'strange' with display.

how is best way to attach and send image???

Make sure you have v1.0.3. The first version had the textures in the wrong folder.

imgur.com is a good way to share images

If you mean the numbers in "()" in the main one, then yes I was playing with it, but was running out of time to get something published this weekend. Getting the resource usage is quite difficult programmatically, so I set up something to measure over time, but struck issues with physwarp so I went live without it. I have a lot of the code already there in the source, and just need to tweak it to release.

Yep, thats what I meant. Wouldn't mimicking the stock resource usage be easier?

Thanks, see if this works... http://imgur.com/M6dNMDb

Thats what Mine looked like when I had the first download go wrong.

Have a look in GameData\TriggerTech\PluginData . There should be a folder called KSPAlternateResourcePanel with all the images. If its called AlternateResourcePanel then you can simply rename it. Hope that helps

BTW. What are all those Resources you have there?

Yep, thats what I meant. Wouldn't mimicking the stock resource usage be easier?

Programmatically, I couldnt find a way to read the usage/generation of resources, did ask in some of the dev forums too. An example would be I was unable to read the EC generation from engine Alternators. So time based may bethe only way. The testing gave good values, just some physwarp issues.

Very nice. I was waiting for your new creation, and it is as good as I could imagine. Waiting for consumption rates to be implemented, those are really needed and should greatly benefit from a better GUI, I hate the simple -/+ numeric indication of stock resource indicators.

What would take to make custom icons for other resources? I would like to have for all the ones used by other mods, would make the .png files myself, however how can new icons be linked with the plugin?

EDIT: well, found by going through your source, need to mod settings.cs and recompile. Will try to do that for myself.

Edited by diomedea

Very nice. I was waiting for your new creation, and it is as good as I could imagine. Waiting for consumption rates to be implemented, those are really needed and should greatly benefit from a better GUI, I hate the simple -/+ numeric indication of stock resource indicators.

What would take to make custom icons for other resources? I would like to have for all the ones used by other mods, would make the .png files myself, however how can new icons be linked with the plugin?

EDIT: well, found by going through your source, need to mod settings.cs and recompile. Will try to do that for myself.

Yep, a few lines of code at the moment to do it. I collated a list of other resources and have already made a few others in a similar style ( O2, CO2, etc), but I was wondering if I should try and make it search/load textures on vessel start so they can be truly dynamic, ie. New resource, new PNG and no code. Will look at it this week - then people could also have preffered icons, not just my style :cool:

If you have a list of resources (and images) you want then PM me em and I can look into em.

Yep, a few lines of code at the moment to do it. I collated a list of other resources and have already made a few others in a similar style ( O2, CO2, etc), but I was wondering if I should try and make it search/load textures on vessel start so they can be truly dynamic, ie. New resource, new PNG and no code. Will look at it this week - then people could also have preffered icons, not just my style :cool:

If you have a list of resources (and images) you want then PM me em and I can look into em.

I am not sure if the search/load feature would do. Believe other mods defining and implementing different resources don't necessarily have icons for them in a format consistent for your mod. Certainly would be required to have some sort of check at loading time, to see that all resources defined are managed; that would also mean your mod should start after any other to do that properly.

Nice idea to have different sets of icons, to meet personal preferences. Believe it should be easy enough to implement. Anyway, I like your style and will try to make other icons in the same. I will PM you after compiling a list of resources, and in case of images.

I am not sure if the search/load feature would do. Believe other mods defining and implementing different resources don't necessarily have icons for them in a format consistent for your mod. Certainly would be required to have some sort of check at loading time, to see that all resources defined are managed; that would also mean your mod should start after any other to do that properly.

Nice idea to have different sets of icons, to meet personal preferences. Believe it should be easy enough to implement. Anyway, I like your style and will try to make other icons in the same. I will PM you after compiling a list of resources, and in case of images.

The search load idea would simply be a png in the ARP plugin folder with the name of the resource (as configured in other plugin file) - no code update/additions is what I was thinking. In fact it might be similar code to personal icons. I'll put it in my task list