[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Nice update, loving this tool. The only thing I would say is missing is an optional transparent window.

This kind of thing...

K82VzOj.png

EDIT: I have to figure out the tooltips and buttons yet, but just checking first

Edited by TriggerAu

Since the first time i saw the new part UI in 0.23, the first thing i saw was that they stole your UI design.

But, i'm glad that they did it because it looks better and it somewhat remind me of the late 90's F1 tv UI.

I'm glad you like it, but I'm certain they didn't steal my UI - I'm sure they had that stuff in ages ago to be ready for 0.23. I like it too :)

I never got the impression anything looked like yours. Did I not see same thing. Squads resource panel is the same, but their UI will go more with your style resource tab much better. I see that as a good timing thing.

I'm glad you like it, but I'm certain they didn't steal my UI - I'm sure they had that stuff in ages ago to be ready for 0.23. I like it too :)

Got it all sorted, but I'm not sure whether the "normal buttons look better than the Unity ones. What do you (and anyone else) think - Left or Right

I find the right one to be more consistent with the interface settings used in other mods, and I happen to like that. From other mods, that setting seems to be called "GameSkin". But that's not to say the left one is worse. Better to have a possibility to select skins ingame?

(BTW, what if it could be possible to have a global skin, so that all windows ingame would follow the same settings? Of course, some simple plugin to set a standard for all the mods to follow...)

Another thing: I see that little "rounded-rect" with oxidizer in it on the right window. It shows one of the issues I find with alternate resources: at times, one of the "labels" of resources remains visible outside of the mod window (always only text, no icons).

Thanks for the input peoples, if theres people who like both I'll add an extra option so you can use KSP buttons or Unity buttons, tis simple enough

I never got the impression anything looked like yours. Did I not see same thing. Squads resource panel is the same, but their UI will go more with your style resource tab much better. I see that as a good timing thing.

In 0.23 the part menus and panels all have a flat background instead of the individual boxes for each item, means ARP looks more like KSP stuff, which is nice :)

.....Another thing: I see that little "rounded-rect" with oxidizer in it on the right window. It shows one of the issues I find with alternate resources: at times, one of the "labels" of resources remains visible outside of the mod window (always only text, no icons).

The tooltip displays for 15 secs or until the mouse isnt over the label (or should) I intentionally brought it up for the screenshot. Is it persisting after you leave the panel?

The tooltip displays for 15 secs or until the mouse isnt over the label (or should) I intentionally brought it up for the screenshot. Is it persisting after you leave the panel?

Yes. At times I see one label with one of the resources name sticking on the mainwindow (KSP flight) even after the alternate resources panel has closed. Not a big issue, if I reopen the panel it goes away. Not that these "ghost" labels show a pattern, so I can't point to any possible event that makes them appear.

Any info on 0.23 compatibility?

The 0.23 compiled version will be out later today, fixed up the last few code bits to integrate with the common toolbar last night and now need to get this and the KAC tested/compiled. I beleive it works, but the 0.23 version will be soon

Version 1.2.0.0 now on Spaceport

Heres the list of whats new in this version:

• 0.23 Recompile for new version of Unity
  • Added Option to choose to use Blizzies excellent toolbar - uses latebinding so no need to include DLL and no hard reference
  • Added link in game so if common toolbar not installed people can jump to forum page
  • Added option for users to choose display style - KSP/Unity
  • Added feature so Mod owners can provide a Texture with their Mod and KSPARP will read that
  • Added config so players can choose the order of precedence for the icon sets
  • Fixed bug with GUILayout errors on initial display

NOTE: The download does not include Blizzie's excellent Toolbar, but if it is present you will get the option to choose to use it or not.

The Mod provided textures reads a "ksparpicon" value inside RESOURCE_DEFINITION's and will read in any texture that is 32x16 or smaller. I will properly document this in the next couple of days on the manual site.

As per the KAC update - doc updates to come, and probably a different icon for the common toolbar - I'm not sold on that icon :wink:

Neat update!

Are you gonna add a default EVA propellant icon?

Yep, and some more for MFS as well, but wanted to get something up soon. Is a hectic week, but should be abl eto do some more icons in short.

I got a bug for you! Switch over to toolbar mode, panel still appears if you mouse over where the 'Alternate' button use to be.

Ah... I didnt think of that one. I'll fix that and deploy with the extra icons, thanks for the heads up