[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, stibbons said:

Hey @TriggerAu, I guess you missed it because it happened during the 1.3 crunch, but I opened a very small pull request fixing a bug in the last stage calcs for the ARP API wrapper. Doesn't affect actual plugin usage at all, but hopefully it's worth merging regardless. :) 

Thanks Stibbons, Ill try and look at it this week

Alternate Resource Panel has an issue, looks like when it tries to auto-click its button:

[EXC 23:08:27.422] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.SetAppButtonToTrue ()
        KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.RepeatingWorker ()
        KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper ()

Something is just making the KSP ARP UI disappear, there is something actually borked again in my install.

I mean, I get neat acceptable fps with the new scatterer, but FAR, Trajectories and ContractConfigurator do something. StageRecovery is borked.

Trying to find the culprit I ask you if you can tell me which mod is is killing the KSP ARP UI ?

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmw7f6sik2c6skz/2017-07-07-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

• 4 months later...

I've recently reinstalled KSP and now ARP is not behaving.

IXgSnFn.png

As you can see from the screenshot, it's not showing the LF/OX resources for an individual stage. It might not be showing other stage resources but LF/OX are the only ones I've got to so far.

Not sure If this is a result of conflicts with other mods, Mis-configuration or a problem with 1.3.1 compatibility but being that so many ppl use this mod and 1.3.1 has been out for some time now and I'm the first to post here, it makes me think it's a conflict or mis-configuration.

Has anyone else seen this or do I need to post a long list of installed mods?

Any help would be appreciated,

Edited by Coyote21

1 hour ago, Coyote21 said:

Might I suggest that, when you need to, instead of positing a long list of mods directly to the thread you post a link to your output_log.txt that you've uploaded to a popular file sharing service, such as Dropbox or Google Drive (see How To Get Support (READ FIRST) - Technical Support (PC, modded installs) - Kerbal Space Program Forums).  That way it doesn't clutter a post with info only a few people will want to see.

Out of curiosity, what does your staging look like and are any LF/OX resources locked?

4 hours ago, Coyote21 said:

I've recently reinstalled KSP and now ARP is not behaving.

IXgSnFn.png

As you can see from the screenshot, it's not showing the LF/OX resources for an individual stage. It might not be showing other stage resources but LF/OX are the only ones I've got to so far.

Not sure If this is a result of conflicts with other mods, Mis-configuration or a problem with 1.3.1 compatibility but being that so many ppl use this mod and 1.3.1 has been out for some time now and I'm the first to post here, it makes me think it's a conflict or mis-configuration.

Any help would be appreciated,

As a quick question: Is your main engine part of your current stage?  If the launch stage is just the two side boosters, not having LF/OX shown for that stage makes sense - there isn't any LF/OX in that stage, just solid fuel.

Thanks all for the prompt suggestions, and especially for the link to "How To Get Support" never read that before.

To answer your questions, yes the staging did not include the main LF/OX engine so that screenshot sux'd at properly conveying my issues. On the other hand even if removing the boosters ARP did not detect the two LF/OX stages properly anyway.

But I have since fixed the issue, thou I don't know how. I went through and removed/reinstalled a few mods and now ARP works correctly again. I suspect, but can't be sure, that it was a new mod I was trying out that caused all the problems.

Thanks again all

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I realize this is a long shot, but is there any way to scale this up for a larger screen/higher resolution? (Like the stock resource panel does.)

I tried changing:

WindowPositionStored
    {
        x = 2446.19995
        y = 833
        width = 682
        height = 334

In the .cfg file but no luck. Any suggestions/thoughts appreciated.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be getting occasional NREs, might be caused by another mod I have doing something that ARP doesn't like.  Doesnt' seem to be a big deal. 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.SetAppButtonToTrue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.RepeatingWorker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Output Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Pixf8TXB14LFZYZHJR1ly6yRpJB7c8c

So I've noticed for a long time that ARP sometimes just disappears, and tonight I figured out where's it's going. Somehow it's getting set so that it only comes on when I press F2 to hide the UI. ARP will only show up when the entire rest of the UI is hidden. Before I post a log, has anyone seen this and/or is there an option in the mod that can fix it? I don't see anything weird in the console log

edit: here's an output_log anyway 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tbipw74tkm9yhy/output_log - Copy (2).txt?dl=0

Edited by drhay53

This can happen if you press escape and then press F2 for whatever reason then press escape again. I've never seen it just disappear otherwise. To bring it back "in sync" just do the opposite and after you press F2 to hide the UI and it shows up, press Esc

Mr. TriggerAu Sir! (and community)

Greetings and Salutations!  Thank you for such a great mod (ARP).  I am a retired SW Engineer and appreciate the work needed to product something of this quality.  I'm wondering about a possible feature that could be added that should be a no brainer and very easy to implement:

As an addition to sending warnings to the Kerbal Alarm Clock, how about the ability to configure a key press.  The key would be determined by the configuration and tied to a specific alarm on the panel.  This would be great for those of us who have RGB or LED keyboards.  It would allow a macro configuration of the "alarm key" to blink a specific keyboard LED.  Alarm ON and Alarm OFF messages would be great for a start.  A more robust coding of this feature would allow other custom hardware to display status easily.  Note that Telemachus would have some overlapping functionality as both the ARP and Telemachus report status from the game.

Another perhaps more appropriate place to add this functionality would be in the Kerbal Alarm Clock itself since that is generally the warning manager for the game.

Regards,

cybermeister

Mr. TriggerAu Sir! (and community)

Greetings and Salutations!  Thank you for such a great mod (ARP).  I am a retired SW Engineer and appreciate the work needed to product something of this quality.  I'm wondering about a possible feature that could be added that should be a no brainer and very easy to implement:

As an addition to sending warnings to the Kerbal Alarm Clock, how about the ability to configure a key press.  The key would be determined by the configuration and tied to a specific alarm on the panel.  This would be great for those of us who have RGB or LED keyboards.  It would allow a macro configuration of the "alarm key" to blink a specific keyboard LED.  Alarm ON and Alarm OFF messages would be great for a start.  A more robust coding of this feature would allow other custom hardware to display status easily.  Note that Telemachus would have some overlapping functionality as both the ARP and Telemachus report status from the game.

Another perhaps more appropriate place to add this functionality would be in the Kerbal Alarm Clock itself since that is generally the warning manager for the game.

Regards,

cybermeister

• 2 weeks later...

Two feature requests that have been banging around in my head for a while now...

I often have resources changing at a rate too small for ARP to depict. You get a change of (0.00) units per second, which isn't terribly helpful. Would be nice if non-zero values less than 0.01 displayed in scientific notation.

Then a much bigger one... Also perhaps outside the scope of this mod, but I figure I'll throw it out there... With big ships and bases I often have a hard time figuring out how my resources are being used (or how they could) be used. You can look up in the resource panel and find out that you're using X units of EC per second, but what parts are consuming that EC? What parts are producing it? I imagine picking a resource from a list and seeing all of the parts which can store, produce, or consume that resource. Pick a part and it highlights to help you locate it. You see two values for each: (1) "capacity", which is the max amount that can be stored (for current configuration) or the max amount that can be consumed or generated (for current configuration, if part is turned on) and then (2) "usage", which is the current amount stored or the current amount being consumed/generated.

I think this would be incredibly useful. Say your EC usage seems really high and you need to turn something off. This would make it much easier to locate what parts are using EC and decide what can be turned of. Or perhaps you will be adding more solar panels and want to know what kind of production the existing panels get at your current location. Maybe you're mining ore and producing fuel and you want to know if the ISRU can handle the production increase of another drill. With stock KSP you have to search every part one at a time to figure this kind of info out, so this kind of information would be a huge quality of life boost for me.

Just an idea...

Edited by jofwu

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 6:21 AM, Fraktal said:

Addon doesn't seem to work in 1.4: the UI is a completely empty gray rectangle. Even the icon is missing, replaced with a gray square.

yupp will update me mods this weekend after 1.4.1 is out

On 13.3.2018 at 12:11 PM, TriggerAu said:

yupp will update me mods this weekend after 1.4.1 is out

awesome to hear! .. can't play properly without .. will the old config work with the updated one then too or will i possibly have to resort my resources then? .. I'm thankful already to hear you update this one hehe!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having an issue with ARP, could use some help.

I find  that having the ressource panel open tends to make KSP stutter much more frequently (twice as much actually). I checked with memgraph and it shows the difference with ARP open vs the stock ressource panel open. I don't know if it is only me so maybe others can check on their ends too? ARP does do quite a lot more than stock so that might be related but it feels like the difference is quite extreme.

Here is a screenshot as well as the log file. Note, for some reason I have some binding error spam on my log file. I just realized this today so i'll have to track this down but that is for another thread. I suppose it is not related?

I have a fair amount of mods installed, if required I can try this again on a fresh install (anyway i'll have to do that to track the log spam).

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Log file

arp-vs-stock.jpg

Edited by SVoyager