Milestone Reached - 0.23 is Now in Experimentals Phase

SQUAD

<p>We’re in the home stretch, everyone!<br/><br/> We are pleased to announce the reaching of a new milestone in the development of <em>KSP</em> update <strong>0.23</strong>. <br/><br/><strong>Experimentals!</strong><br/><br/> Tests are being made and things are being tightened up in this final phase before release.<br/><br/> Keep an eye out on Tumblr, the forum and all of our other social media outposts for further news. * * **</p>

Wow! I wasn't expecting an update until January or February!

Now I have to decide what to do with my current YouTube series. I'd kinda like to start again with the Tech Tree all fresh. Maybe simulate an economic collapse and a rebuilding to re-establish a forgotten space program?

<p>We’re in the home stretch, everyone!<br/><br/> We are pleased to announce the reaching of a new milestone in the development of <em>KSP</em> update <strong>0.23</strong>. <br/><br/><strong>Experimentals!</strong><br/><br/> Tests are being made and things are being tightened up in this final phase before release.<br/><br/> Keep an eye out on Tumblr, the forum and all of our other social media outposts for further news. * * **</p>

Have I been having too much fun building rockets, modding, and general kerbal silliness, because this was way faster then I expected! I love it :D

Wow! I wasn't expecting an update until January or February!

Now I have to decide what to do with my current YouTube series. I'd kinda like to start again with the Tech Tree all fresh. Maybe simulate an economic collapse and a rebuilding to re-establish a forgotten space program?

You weren't alone on that buddy :D

What?! We just had 0.22! Thanks Squad! You don't take anything, you just keep working. My money was well spent

Well, they did take SOMETHING. That would be your money. But agreed... money well spent.....

Edited by purpletarget
fixing tags

Ah yes, 0.23 is coming before Christmas! I see you're keeping up with the 2 months cycle... good job Squad!

For reference, this was the progress of the latest versions:

0.20: enters experimentals phase on may 17, is released on may 21

0.21: enters experimentals phase on july 9, is released on july 24

0.22: enters experimentals phase on october 8, is released on october 16

0.20: enters experimentals phase on may 17, is released on may 21

0.21: enters experimentals phase on july 9, is released on july 24

0.22: enters experimentals phase on october 8, is released on october 16

Based on that data, the average difference between Experimental Testing Phase and Update Release is 9 Days.

Everybody remember that. 9 days.

Based on that data, the average difference between Experimental Testing Phase and Update Release is 9 Days.

Everybody remember that. 9 days.

Um, it's 9 days until Kerbalkon... But we all know that it will come out Soonâ„¢...

Anyway's, thanks again for being so awesome Squad!

Edited by RocketPilot573

I just don't get one thing, does expirementals mean that youtubers get the files, or is it just that most of the content is ready and just needs some bug fixing? I don't remember experimentals without youtubers getting the beta builds before, so I assume that by tommorow videos should be up.

I just don't get one thing, does expirementals mean that youtubers get the files, or is it just that most of the content is ready and just needs some bug fixing? I don't remember experimentals without youtubers getting the beta builds before, so I assume that by tommorow videos should be up.

Experimental testing means nothing more then releasing a beta kind of version into a controlled group of users. There may be some Youtubers out there, but Experimentals doesn't mean it's open to the public yet. It's simply bug testing in a larger and -more importantly- controlled group of users using different operation systems, using different computers, with different hardware.

If you do sign up for that kind of testing, you sign a form. And on this form you signed, you keep things to yourself untill Squad gives the clear. Something like that. They can't just simply make a video and dump it on Youtube or something like that..

Edited by JSD

Let's all hope to God that they don't announce the release date beforehand again. That didn't exactly go over too well last time.

From what I remember, the release of 0.22 was quite smooth. The servers worked fine and they released it when they said they would. Worked like a charm and we haven't had a bugfixing release for 0.22, so they got everything working before the release (probably well before, that's what I'd do).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.