[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

hi ,

I kept the "toolbar-settings.dat" file from the old KSP 1.0.4 to avoid reconfiguring eveything, does it was safe doctor? ( it seems ok for me),

bonus question: will we be warned in game if an other version will be available?

thank you for this must have mod!

caresser-un-chat-1.jpg

I kept the "toolbar-settings.dat" file from the old KSP 1.0.4 to avoid reconfiguring eveything, does it was safe doctor?

Yes, it is intended that way. I shall always announce any breaking changes.

bonus question: will we be warned in game if an other version will be available?

There will be the usual reminder if a new Toolbar version is available.

/meeoww

Shall we leave you two alone for a while? :wink:

a small snack?

Dh0XjCi.png

:D

I started a fresh new carreer on the 1.0.5.1028 (no upgraded building yet) and got this NRE when i launch from the runway:

Q1fBNcr.png

tell me if you need more infos (log, etc...)

Edited by Skalou

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there a conflict with Tarsier space tech or Procedural Fairings? I get NRE's for each only if I install this mod. I have over 80+ mods installed and everything plays nice until I throw this in the mix. (I may just be over budget and just have to except it)

edit

I think I just figured this out. Procedural parts and Procedural fairings both have KSPAPIExtensions.dll :P Remove the older of the two and it looks like that fixes it. Not sure how I missed that. It's funny that it never threw an exception till after I installed the toolbar. I just really want to find a way to make this work as I love the amount of customization available.

False alarm, I am still getting exceptions for procedural parts. But only after I install the toolbar. Also get an exception for the GUI in the editor. But I believe that is due to the toolbar not being visible until I place an IR part which uses the toolbar. - For the purposes of the below screenshots I used a fresh copy of KSP with only

Procedural parts

Procedural fairings

BDArmory

Infernal Robotics

Exception Detector

And the toolbar

screenshot1_zpsf9oar6tn.png~original

screenshot0_zpsfeclzvak.png~original

Edited by V8jester

Hello!

First off all...this mod would be great, if I would be able to run it.

I am running on KSP 1.0.4...because some mods I use are still not updated. Everytime I try to install your toolbar-mod I got a message that the mod is not compatible with my KSP-version.

Even if I am using a fresh copy of KSP 1.0.4 (see pic below):

zrkvpvy9.jpg

Note: I installed the mod via ckan, because I can not find the mod for KSP 1.0.4 somewhere. It would be nice if the mod creators put also the older versions available.

So, how can I get a workable version of toolbar for KSP 1.0.4?

Kind regards

Hi,

Well I started KSP 1.05; messed with techmanager which doesnt seem to work (yes I read those posts); I wonder if I corrupted KSP, because...your toolbar doesnt work or I cant find it.

I am going to startup a fresh KSP and just add the toolbar; am I missing a mod?

PS I am running careers; does that matter?

PSS Restarted fresh with only toolbar...no go...argh?! I also read that other modders are now using their own toolbars; is it possible that it doesnt work because I do not have a MOD in that your toolbar supports ?!

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

51 minutes ago, Cdr_Zeta said:

PSS Restarted fresh with only toolbar...no go...argh?! I also read that other modders are now using their own toolbars; is it possible that it doesnt work because I do not have a MOD in that your toolbar supports ?!

Cmdr Zeta

A few examples of mods that can use blizzy78's toolbar if present:

RCSBuildAid

SCANSat

Infernal Robotics

Chatterer

Planetshine

Trajectories

DockingAlignment

Smokescreen (used by Hotrockets and Real Plumes)

Hello,

Ok as an afterthought I did feel I was correct as the Modders now can set there own tool for the toolbar etc; I added Planetshine so I will see if it pops up tonite...had me worried there for a bit ! I got to add Chatterer too and I will be looking for modder toolbar patches.

Cmdr Zeta

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this wonderful utility.  I've noticed two odd behaviours:

1. When I'm in the tech tree, the toolbar is visible, unhides as expected and folders open but their corresponding windows don't open; in particular, Contracts+ and CapCom.  When I revert to the KSC, the windows are there.
  2. Occasionally, the icons I have selected for my custom folders revert to the default.  I have to reset them to my choices.

Do I need to reinstall?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2016 at 7:27 PM, Brigadier said:

Try it and let us know.

Toolbar seems to be working. I don't know if any mods aren't able to communicate with it however. It feels like one or two might be. No issues seen. 

3 minutes ago, pejmany said:

Toolbar seems to be working. I don't know if any mods aren't able to communicate with it however. It feels like one or two might be. No issues seen. 

Great.  Which mods do you have installed I might be able to give you some clues of what you should expect? 

Since KSP v1.1 is about to enter a pre-release phase, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  When Squad releases 1.1, there is going to be a bit of chaos in the modder community.

1 minute ago, Brigadier said:

Great.  Which mods do you have installed I might be able to give you some clues of what you should expect? 

Since KSP v1.1 is about to enter a pre-release phase, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  When Squad releases 1.1, there is going to be a bit of chaos in the modder community.

I've been trying my hand at BTSM so I've been grabbing the 1.0.4 versions of my regular mods. Chatterer just does not seem to want to work. Smokescreen configs don't really show up. It's a minimal build so those seem to be the only real issues. 

14 minutes ago, pejmany said:

I've been trying my hand at BTSM so I've been grabbing the 1.0.4 versions of my regular mods. Chatterer just does not seem to want to work. Smokescreen configs don't really show up. It's a minimal build so those seem to be the only real issues. 

Hmm, the only one I can advise on is Chatterer, which works fine for me (Win7 64-bit, KSP 1.0.5 32-bit, Chatterer v0.9.7 and Toolbar 1.7.10).  Is the mod just not performing or can you not get the Chatterer icon on the toolbar?