[1.2.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.6.4.0 (Dec 30th 2016)

sarbian

I don't see why this data couldn't have been held as a property like courage/stupidity...

Yeah this is odd it wasn't added to the persistent file when you hire them.

I have jumped into the code for CM and a custom one I made for myself. It "sets" the trait ever time a scene loads, only way I can think of "solving" this would be to add the data manually to the persistent file (or another file in general). Then on every scene read that data, set the trait, which may require re-adding the trait effects to the parts manually. This seems like a lot of work to maintain traits, at least until Squad adds it as a loaded property.

• 2 weeks later...

@sarbian, I would love to have CrewManifest in CKAN too. Would you mind to upload it to kerbalstuff or should I fetch it directly from your Jenkins (as with the download link you have at the first post?)

I am playing career mode, and Crew Manifest works fine, however, there are some instances that the plugin doesn't allow me to transfer kerbals, and I have to resort to good old EVA, I don't know what causes this, I am unable to click modules on the right window, clicking modules on the left window is fine though. re-docking doesn't work.

Anyone has experience similar issues before?

EDIT: anyway, just found out that you can now transfer kerbals without going EVA on stock game

heres a screenshot of the docked crafts that I'm trying to transfer kerbals in between 41E825B1ABBE03895DA6E27ECC6B4606F41B1074

Edited by lyndonguitar

• 3 weeks later...
I'd recommend trying Ship Manifest. It was built on top of Crew Manifest, so it includes all crew-related functionality, as well as providing resource management.
There you go, updated for 0.90

Hey, don't steal my customers ! :D

I prefer Crew Manifest to Ship Manifest. It's got the basic features I need at launch. i.e., switch/remove crew members. Never used in-flight. Looked at Ship Manifest; used once; removed.

@sarbian: thanks for the update.

Hey all,

I, in no way wish to steal customers from Sarbian (who IS a god btw). :D But, I do wish to at least "set the record straight".

The settings window contains many options. In particular, to address those mentioned above:

- You can turn off Science and Resource transfers. Poof, gone. now it moves crew only.

- Turn off realism, and you can now add remove, and all the other stuff in the Roster with ease and in pre-flight too. Realism restricts these to satisfy those that desire more "realism" in their gameplay.

- Crew manifest is awesome. Why do you think I started with it?. I encourage you to use it. SM is simply an alternative viewpoint on "ease of use" in game.

- When was the last time you used SM? Much has changed I suspect. However, I agree, more is not necessarily better :)

Sorry for the short hijack... Now Back to your regularly scheduled Crew Manifest discussion :D

@Sarbian, Keep up the awe inspiring work! :D

• 2 months later...

I see you've added professions to the Create A Kerbal. Would it be possible to add the profession to the Crew Roster window? As it is now, I must either return to the VAB or the Astronaut Building to locate the profession I need, or click each kerbal's Edit button in the Crew Roster. Perhaps just add a P, E, or S after their name to represent Pilot, Engineer or Scientist.

Also, the Crew Manifest icon appears in the standard icon bar. Can that be made as an option in the config file? That d@mned bar keeps getting longer. I really preferred blizzy's bar. That's where I'd call Crew Manifest from. The only time I use CM is at launch when/if I haven't set the crew members.

Edited by Apollo13

I'm.... not seeing the crew manifest button(yes its installed in the right place). I did a test game where only crew manifest was installed and it still didn't work. My only guess is it has something to do with Module Manager 2.6.3 but I would be lying if I said I knew what I was talking about.

If you still don't see it with that update go in GameData\CrewManifest\Plugins\PluginData\CrewManifest, edit config.xml and change the line with AppLauncher to

<bool name="AppLauncher">1</bool>

• 2 months later...

Thanks for maintaining this great mod. I would have to edit the save file in every game I start if it not where for this mod.

I think I've found a bug ...

Kerbals on the Launchpad (maybe also on runway, but haven't tested it, yet) in EVA are treated as vehicle ... so I can unload e.g. Bob out of Bob and put him elsewhere ... and I can repeat that.

That way it is possible to fill the whole space center with Bobs (sorry only Bobs, no boobs).

But even more awesome ... I can make Jeb piloting Bob! ... with the possibility (not tested, yet) to loose Jeb forever, though.

As cool as it is ... still a bug.

edit:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Bizz Keryear
added pictures.

ok, so it s something else.

You will find the log in the directory KSP is installed in <KSP>\KSP_Data\output_log.txt. You can put it on dropbox or any other file share site and then I ll have a look.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.