[1.2.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.6.4.0 (Dec 30th 2016)

sarbian

Thanks for the offer but I'll decline. It's true that I have been busy with other mods (and other mod related stuff you don't see on the forum) but I'll keep working on Crew Manifest.

I want to try some of the idea mentioned earlier in the thread and this mod allow me to take a break from all the math of MJ.

No problem! :) I certainly don't want to duplicate effort.

I do have some fixes already working in my copy. Window management and highlighting, which addresses mouse over events in scene. . PM me and I'll be happy to pass the code changes I made. Use or don't use, your choice.

The highlighting is already fixed afaik and the window should be quick to do. I'll PM you if I get lost :)

LOL. I really don't expect you will get lost... :)

I noted with my testing on your latest release, that if you mouse over a highlighted part, you will lose that highlighting, and have to reselect the part to regain the highlighting. I had the same issue with Ship Manifest, and corrected it there.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mod take into account the structure of the craft when transfering crew and only allow you to move crew between adjacent parts, or does it allow you to move crew betwen any parts in the same vessel. I would be particularly interested if it was able to know if there was abig fuel tank in the way or a girder or similar, so that in designing your craft you needed to be realistic about placing docking ports directly on to pods - presumably certain other parts could be marked as able to allow kerbals to pass along them, such as structural adapters or 6-way connectors.

so that in designing your craft you needed to be realistic about placing docking ports directly on to pods - presumably certain other parts could be marked as able to allow kerbals to pass along them, such as structural adapters or 6-way connectors.

No thank you! This is an extraordinarily useful mod for those of us who suck at EVA. Don't muck it up with OCD, especially as you're free to roleplay those limits if such realism is your thing.

No thank you! This is an extraordinarily useful mod for those of us who suck at EVA.

That made me laugh xD, is it really that hard? it's way easier than docking, which is pretty easy once you get the hang of it

I'm with DerekL1963 here - I am TERRIBLE at EVA and this mod helps avoid the irritation of watching crew members floating away and hoping I remembered to quick save before I left the hatch ... the jetpacks are WAY overpowered for zero-G, the camera shifts around and the controls are just not very intuitive for me. I can't speak for anyone else, but clearly this mod has an audience of fans and the forums are filled with posts from people who aren't very good at EVA, to the extent that requests for EVA tethers are pretty common.

That made me laugh xD, is it really that hard? it's way easier than docking, which is pretty easy once you get the hang of it

I'm with him. I'm great at docking and EVA, but if you want to enforce realism, you can just do that yourself. Who cares how other people play? It sounds like too much hassle to code in specific parts that are 'crew-passable.'

Is there any chance we can have this without the toolbar PLEASE

Just delete the 000_Toolbar in your GameData folder, and AFAIK it should revert to the old icon style. Of course, for those of us who *LOVE* the Toolbar mod, I don't know why you would, especially when you've got half a dozen mods that used to have their own separate buttons.

No thank you! This is an extraordinarily useful mod for those of us who suck at EVA. Don't muck it up with OCD, especially as you're free to roleplay those limits if such realism is your thing.

So clearly not something that everyone wants!! I know what you mean about sucking at EVA, I could not work it out at all for months, and lost countless kerbals who are still orbiting the sun to this day! But then one day - it just clicked. Do persevere, it is possible.

Anyhow the feature I mentioned is all the same something that I would like for my own gameplay. I am strapped for time at the moment, but if I get a chance I may fork the code and impliment it myself, for my own use. If I get it done and it is any good then I may offer it to other OCD players.

Edited by codepoet
spelling

I know what you mean about sucking at EVA, I could not work it out at all for months, and lost countless kerbals who are still orbiting the sun to this day! But then one day - it just clicked. Do persevere, it is possible.

Neither you nor AbeS know me, my capabilities (or lack thereof as appropriate), or my physical limitations. Please keep your laughter and your advice to yourselves.

Neither you nor AbeS know me, my capabilities (or lack thereof as appropriate), or my physical limitations. Please keep your laughter and your advice to yourselves.

No offence was intented. I was not laughing, but genuinely offering encouragment to anyone that is struggling with EVA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so I used the old crew manifest v.0.5.5.0 that is for .21 for kerbal .23 and it works fine which allowed me to create a new kerbal and the crew roster/crew transfer box opens normally. I ended up deleting it after that and all was fine. this was awhile back when I installed the game

I recently restarted a new game and installed this version, but I find that when I click on crew roster/crew transfer no other boxes pop up so I im not able to create a new kerbal or transfer any kerbals from ships at the launch pad or in space.

I do have a lot of mods installed. but I ended up deleting this version and went back to the old version and it works fine. with the old one working fine it makes me think there is some issue with the new version. just wanted to relay the info.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.