BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Do we have to edit a cfg file and add these or something? I don't really under stand the readme. It lists options but does not tell you where to make these changes. I just want to change my skybox texture to oinkers. Thats all :)

In order to do that, delete any file in GameData/TextureReplacer/Default that starts with "GalaxyTex_" and then extract the zip from Oinkers download into the Default folder that you just cleared the 'GalaxyTex_' files from. Boot up the game and you should see Oinkers skybox. If you do not, you may have a faulty TR install.

I use Paint.net (I've been using it for years and I'm most comfortable with it) and recently GIMP.

I do not really know those programs, but I will look into them for you when I have some time and see if I can relate my method to their capabilities.

I got the Green Skull Inc. pack. I've noticed a few issues (32 bit, Windows 7):

1. IVA has the custom helmet, but the rest of the suit is stock.

2. Custom heads won't appear at all (heads are stock).

3. When going on EVA, kerbals don't take off their helmets on Kerbin like advertised.

Besides TR, I have these mods:

*Interstellar

*Toolbar

*Banana (from the 'don't be mean to modders' thread)

*Chatterer

*Coherent Contracts

*DebRefund

*Fine Print

*Final Frontier

*SCANsat

*Mk.2 Cockpit Internals

*Kerbal Alarm Clock

If there is a fix, please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you. :)

Edited by The Jedi Master
Forgot to say the magic words

I got the Green Skull Inc. pack. I've noticed a few issues (32 bit, Windows 7):

Your OS and other mods don't have anything to do with those issues. Here are some possibilities:

1. IVA has the custom helmet, but the rest of the suit is stock.

- You're missing "KerbalHelmetGrey.png" from either GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/ or GameData/TextureReplacer/Suits/(Custom Folder)/

2. Custom heads won't appear at all (heads are stock).

- You have heads in the wrong location (TextureReplacer/Heads)

- In @Default.cfg (in GameData/TextureReplacer) you have a setting that is not allowing custom heads to be used or overwriting them with another head

3. When going on EVA, kerbals don't take off their helmets on Kerbin like advertised.

- In @Default.cfg (in GameData/TextureReplacer) you need to have "isAtmSuitEnabled = true" and also have a custom helmet (does not seem to work with stock helmets, meaning your problem of no EVA custom helmet will cause this to happen).

So I had to reinstall Windows on my system and I forgot to backup my KSP GameData folder (I hadn't got too far into the career so I figured I'd start new) and lost my TextureReplacer setup. I've got it mostly figured out, but there's one piece I can't find - the visors I had before. It was from a texture pack that had multiple different shades and opacities of visors, but I can't for the life of me find it. Would anybody know what one I'm talking about? I thought it also had the textures for what you actually see in the visor, but I'm not sure. I just know that I picked a gold, fairly clear visor that I can't seem to find anymore. It's not the visor from Pimp My Kerbals, but I'm not sure where I got them. Picture of them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpdbclh3v7netwd/screenshot92.png

I'm really lousy in modeling/texturing can somebody help me to do simple replacement of texture for BZ-52 (after resized to 2,5m by TweakScale mod) ? I would like it to look streamlined with station parts (i.e. with PPD-10 Hitchhiker storage containers).

You're looking for the MEGA Spacesuits pack from GreenSkullInc linked in the OP.

Enjoy! =)

YES! Thank you good sir!

Proot's KSP Renaissance Collection.

Thanks for trying. That's what I thought it was too, but it only had one option available. Thanks though.

Seem to be getting this filling my log twice a second

KSP: 0.24.2

TextureReplacer: 1.6.1

[LOG 08:46:58.876] [TR.TextureReplacer] System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CrewRoster' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.replaceKerbalSkins () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.updateScene () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

hello !

during last two week I try to "really play" now with 0.24.2, and to try match the 0.23.5 ksp version,

I have (and I continue to play ), in 0.24.2 it's a new fight again the memory problem !!

In my previous 0.23.5, I use active texture management with aggressive option, but for now

I don't have all the mods (compatibility issues), so I using ATM with the non aggressive MOD.

to benefit the beauty of some mods I have downloaded.

I 'll discovers in the Squad/spaces section big same repetitive textures in the 9 spaces folders.

it's possible to force in space folder or by texture replacer to have only 2 textures for theses

9 folders ?

thk

steph

edit: testing 0.24.2 with all texture in png and correctly tagged for normal.

I noticed they are some texture non used in squad texture and some incoherence !

really need to be upgraded all these stock part..(just my opinion !!)

Read all the pages post, I understand how to replace but does not solve the repetitive texture.

Edited by stephm

Seem to be getting this filling my log twice a second

TextureReplacer: 1.6.1

[LOG 08:46:58.876] [TR.TextureReplacer] System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CrewRoster' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.replaceKerbalSkins () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.updateScene () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

You obviously have TR 1.6.0, which is not compatible with 0.24.x.

hello !

during last two week I try to "really play" now with 0.24.2, and to try match the 0.23.5 ksp version,

I have (and I continue to play ), in 0.24.2 it's a new fight again the memory problem !!

In my previous 0.23.5, I use active texture management with aggressive option, but for now

I don't have all the mods (compatibility issues), so I using ATM with the non aggressive MOD.

to benefit the beauty of some mods I have downloaded.

I 'll discovers in the Squad/spaces section big same repetitive textures in the 9 spaces folders.

it's possible to force in space folder or by texture replacer to have only 2 textures for theses

9 folders ?

thk

steph

edit: testing 0.24.2 with all texture in png and correctly tagged for normal.

I noticed they are some texture non used in squad texture and some incoherence !

really need to be upgraded all these stock part..(just my opinion !!)

Read all the pages post, I understand how to replace but does not solve the repetitive texture.

No, currently it's not possible to solve the repetition. However, some time ago I came across this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47579-GameData-Squad-Spaces-duplicate-asset-memory-reduction.

as stated above. I am using TR 1.6.1

Then you still have KSP 0.23.5. The error you posted can only happen when using KSP 0.23.5 + TR 1.6.1 or KSP 0.24.x + TR 1.6.0.

You may also want to check if you have some old stray TextureReplacer.dll somewhere in GameData.

Edited by shaw

Then you still have KSP 0.23.5. The error you posted can only happen when using KSP 0.23.5 + TR 1.6.1 or KSP 0.24.x + TR 1.6.0.

You may also want to check if you have some old stray TextureReplacer.dll somewhere in GameData.

Texture Replacer: 1.6.1

Only one TextureReplacer.dll and its in the TextureReplacer/Plugins folder

This mod is great, i just have one issue:

I have isAtmSuitEnabled enabled in the config, and my kerbals go on EVA in their IVA suits on Laythe. The config says "Spawn a Kerbal on EVA in his/her IVA suit without helmet and jetpack when in breathable atmosphere (oxygen + sufficent pressure).", but the wiki says Laythe air is not directly breathable.. (it has oxygen, but it may be too salty or something)

This mod is great, i just have one issue:

I have isAtmSuitEnabled enabled in the config, and my kerbals go on EVA in their IVA suits on Laythe. The config says "Spawn a Kerbal on EVA in his/her IVA suit without helmet and jetpack when in breathable atmosphere (oxygen + sufficent pressure).", but the wiki says Laythe air is not directly breathable.. (it has oxygen, but it may be too salty or something)

I think accessible properties of planets don't contain any information about atmosphere "breathability", so I just assume it's breathable if pressure is > 0.5 bar and contains oxygen. I could hard-code that only Kerbin has breathable atmosphere though, but what if someone adds new planets via Planet Factory? There must be an universal rule that would work for an arbitrary planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Help! I can't get the Kerbal Heads to work.

Look at texture packs for examples.