[0.23] ActionGroupManager (AGM) 1.3.2.0 (29/01/2014) : bugfixes

SirJulio

It seems that the new 1.4.0 throws Game back to desktop after loading ANY savegames

and switch to a vessel in Tracking Center (and by Targetron).

Old Version (file has no version tag, file date = december 24th, 2014) is working perfect

in 1.0.x.

Maybe i have to delete the Toolbar-Temp-File?

PS: oh i see, theres already a 1.4.1

Edited by Jansn

[...]

Meanwhile, since we're migrating things to the stock app launcher, it should be said that blizzy78's toolbar was THE cornerstone KSP mod for a very long time. Thanks, blizzy78.

May I ask why are you migrating it to the stock app launcher? Stock app launcher is great but it has enormous buttons... Is blizzy78's toolbar being discontinued?

It seems that the new 1.4.0 throws Game back to desktop after loading ANY savegames

and switch to a vessel in Tracking Center (and by Targetron).

Old Version (file has no version tag, file date = december 24th, 2014) is working perfect

in 1.0.x.

Maybe i have to delete the Toolbar-Temp-File?

PS: oh i see, theres already a 1.4.1

It's probably a conflict with the previous version's toolbar settings in the save file. You should completely remove the previous version before installing this one. I'm not sure if that will solve it, but please let us know if it does. My testing was only done from a clean install, but I did load saves with no trouble, and all that was changed within the mod is the toolbar behavior being replaced with app launcher behavior. Actually, I may have some time later tonight to look at it and see if I added or removed a property or something.

May I ask why are you migrating it to the stock app launcher? Stock app launcher is great but it has enormous buttons... Is blizzy78's toolbar being discontinued?

The new version only differs in that detail, so if you like using the toolbar then you can just use the previous version to get that functionality. You won't be missing anything. If you're saying that it should be implemented as an either-or option within the mod then feel free to fork my GitHub (or just use the source in the zip) and give it a shot. The modifications so far are all within ShortcutNew.cs, unless I forgot something.

Edited by Khatharr

The new version only differs in that detail, so if you like using the toolbar then you can just use the previous version to get that functionality. You won't be missing anything. If you're saying that it should be implemented as an either-or option within the mod then feel free to fork my GitHub (or just use the source in the zip) and give it a shot. The modifications so far are all within ShortcutNew.cs, unless I forgot something.

Thanks! Phew! I was afraid that blizzy's toolbar was deprecated...

For now, I don't dare forking anything, I need some more experience... :)

BTW, that's the weak point in written communication: I was reading my post again and the "May I ask" may have sounded a bit too agressive, sorry! It was not my intention... ;)

Thanks! Phew! I was afraid that blizzy's toolbar was deprecated...

For now, I don't dare forking anything, I need some more experience... :)

BTW, that's the weak point in written communication: I was reading my post again and the "May I ask" may have sounded a bit too agressive, sorry! It was not my intention... ;)

I'm not really sure what his long-term plans are. I know that the toolbar on CKAN is working. "Fork" in Git just means to make a copy. There's no affect on the repo.

• 2 weeks later...

Still narrowing it down but has anyone else have entire AGM window grey out - everything except the buttons [R]- Show Recap, - Show Settings, and [X] - Close...

Or a fix - Using Khatharr's v1.4.1 hotfix - You know where the block is for handling(or triggering) window toggling?

Still narrowing it down but has anyone else have entire AGM window grey out - everything except the buttons [R]- Show Recap, - Show Settings, and [X] - Close...

Or a fix - Using Khatharr's v1.4.1 hotfix - You know where the block is for handling(or triggering) window toggling?

I have been getting this too. It only happens intermittently. I will post up a log later today.

I've just downloaded this mod and it's really good ... when it works ;)

I had the same "grey window" a while ago, and it now seems broken (didn't try restart though)

THe log shows a stack overflow

[EXC 23:32:43.066] StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

ActionGroupManager.ShortcutNew.onHide ()

RUIToggleButton.SetFalse (Boolean makeCall)

ApplicationLauncherButton.SetFalse (Boolean makeCall)

ActionGroupManager.ShortcutNew.SwitchTexture (Boolean vis)

ActionGroupManager.ActionGroupManager.UpdateIcon (Boolean val)

ActionGroupManager.View.SetVisible (Boolean vis)

ActionGroupManager.ActionGroupManager.UpdateIcon (Boolean val)

ActionGroupManager.View.SetVisible (Boolean vis)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, well suddenly it's doing the grey-out thing for me as well. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can find the problem. -.-

Edit:

Well, now it's not doing it any more, and I have no clue what was causing it. Sorry. If someone more experienced with Unity comes across it please take a look and see if you can sort it out.

Edited by Khatharr

• 2 weeks later...

Did Someone figure out why that happen. I just downloaded the 1.4.1 version and it did it to me as well. Then today everything was showing correctly until I selected one item in the list and they suddenly all disappear. And the entire gui was grey-out again.

More info: I realized that the first time I used it on a craft it all goes fine. But as soon as I change craft it all goes wrong. The GUI was showing all item from the previous craft, and when I selected one item they all disappeared.

Edited by Stilgard
Additional informations

And the entire gui was grey-out.

The last versions didnt work for me at all. Same symptom.

I still use the version from december 24th, 2014. (not that much anymore,

cause now i more use "PartManager".)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I would like to download and use this for 1.0.4, but reading thru the last few pages (as well as the 1st OP), I'm kinda confused on what version to use...

Also, I keep a spreadsheet of mod versions and which KSP version they are for... Since SirJulio hasnt seemingly been heard from in almost 2 years, and since it looks like at least a couple of you have taken the excellent initiative to keep this mod alive, might i suggest it's time to to start a NEW release thread, with nice clear documentation?... You might get many more people to use this, with a fresh new thread... :) Thanx!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love this mod.  Sooo much better and simpler than action groups extended.  Playing ksp without it is like playing without alternate resource panel or kerbal engineer... it doesn't feel right

On 4/24/2016 at 3:28 PM, WildLynx said:

Looks like I have to look for another mod like this one...

I learned to love it's interface and quirks, but looks like it's time to move on.

goodluck ! the other alternative called action group manager extended is also out of date. We will have to live with the stock system. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.