How do I take Screenshots? and where are .craft files kept?

Hi there, I\'m new to the forums, but have played KPS a fair bit (made it to the moon and back again! :D)

However I\'ve tried taking screenshot and the normal print screen just has a black screen. Searching the forum one topic mentioned F1 takes screenshot but that did not seem to work, the screenshot folder for KSP remained empty.

On a similar note where are the .craft files saved?

There\'s your problem. KSP doesn\'t have permission to make new files in program files-your .craft\'s and screenshots will be in a temporary folders somewhere. It won\'t be able to put them in their proper places unless you move the folder somewhere else-the desktop works well.

EDIT: And welcome to the forum!

There\'s your problem. KSP doesn\'t have permission to make new files in program files-your .craft\'s and screenshots will be in a temporary folders somewhere. It won\'t be able to put them in their proper places unless you move the folder somewhere else-the desktop works well.

EDIT: And welcome to the forum!

Ah, okay is there anyway of finding the location of the temp folder? Also when you say move the folder you mean the entire directory including the .exe

The \'My Documents\' location is a good one to place your Kerbal Space Program install.

Also, welcome to the Kerbal Space Program Forums!

That\'s probably a better place than the desktop.

Also Hello to both of you, I\'m surprised to have gotten such a quick response. I\'m planning on posting designs for stock craft and instructions on their use. :)

You can probably find where the ships ended upby doing a searching for the .craft extension, and the screenshots should be in pretty much the same place.

And yes, move the entire folder.

Thanks, where ever the temp file is it seems to be reasonably permanent. I haven\'t lost any craft designs, so unless I encounter any problems the set up should be fine. On the plus side that means I still have my mun landing screen shots!

EDIT: Found them!