[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

On 7/14/2017 at 8:56 AM, Papa_Joe said:

Antennas "could" be remote tech.  I have not tested that compatibility in awhile.   Let me know what you find out.

Finally one more thing to check.  Be sure the vessel is controllable.  I do recall limiting control of ship functions by that flag.  You can test that by turning off realism.  if your antennae and solar panels appear, that is the reason.

Not using RT. Kicked out Kerbal Atomics and Cryogenic engines, it's not them. Also not Near Future. Will try to launch w/o other mods too, didn't have much time to test :(

On 7/16/2017 at 11:12 AM, Mystique said:

Not using RT. Kicked out Kerbal Atomics and Cryogenic engines, it's not them. Also not Near Future. Will try to launch w/o other mods too, didn't have much time to test :(

May be a moot issue now.  New release out.  I suggest testing against that.

Version 5.2.0.0 - Release 17 Jul 2017 - Vessel to Vessel Edition
 - New: Added Docked vessel to vessel Crew transfers.
 - New: Added Docked Vessels Control panel.  View your docked vessels, Rename a vessel, and undock a vessel with a click of a button.
 - New: Added option to vessel to vessel Crew transfers to limit crew xfr list to tourists only.  Space tourism awaits!
 - New: Added ability to create Tourists from Roster Window.
 - New: Spanish localization added.  Thanks to Fitiales!
 - Misc: refactored vessel detection for vessel to vessel transfers, it was not behaving as exected.
 - Misc: A bit of refactoring on highlighting, as it was not behaving as expected
 - Misc: Increased base volume of crew movement sound files.

Note:  I'm in the middle of testing the changes to vessel to vessel science transfers.  I've got it disabled until I have it working reliably.  Also, the highlighting bug was fixed with the refactoring I did for highlighting in the change log above.

As always, enjoy, and report any issue you may find.   

Edited by Papa_Joe
grammer

I'm sitting here in front of my computer, contemplating how to solve one of the issues I have with science transfers, and it occurs to me....

In the first place, one of the issues I had with vessel to vessel transfers was proper vessel detection.  The possibilities can be very complex, as KSP keeps track of each docking with 2 objects.  ModuleDockingNode.VesselInfo, and ModuleDockingNode.otherNode.VesselInfo. It is a very flexible way for KSP to keep track of vessels when they dock and undock.   This makes reassembling the new vessel easy on undock, and allows for persistence to save file of docked vessel info

However, because of this flexibility and "memory" of docking history, you can get some very interesting results when you try to traverse a vessel that contains several docked vessels.  I suspect those that have assembled stations or depots from multiple launches are noticing this as we speak.  I have not tested extensively with myriad combinations of multiple launches to assemble stations, but I suspect you end up with several vessels connected together in a hodgepodge.  

this got me thinking.  Since I can detect the vessels, why not allow you to combine them?  I wanted to be able to merge 15 different docked vessels into one vessel so vessel to vessel transfers are easier.  Besides, in actuality, a station, base or depot usually takes many launches to assemble.

So, I built it.  In the Control Window, where Docked Vessels are displayed, I have added a toggle to allow selection of multiple vessels.  The action buttons at the bottom gives you the choice of combining these selected vessels or clearing the selections.

Now you can have a single vessel that represents your Station, Base or Depot.  Since I added Docked vessel renaming in the last release, you should be able to name it and "make it one".

Screen Shots:

Spoiler

First shot, I have opened the control center and selected the Vessels tab.  You see 2 vessels.  the depot, and the tug, docked at the bottom (with 3 solar panels)

XjyzeM4.png

Next image , I have selected the two docked vessels.  I will now click on the Combine button at the bottom of the Control Center.mV8gsd7.png

There you have it.   Vessels are combined.   I still have some testing to do to be certain that the docking ports properly become a coupled parts.  But won't take long.  already it is working pretty well... just need to make sure that all I's are dotted and T's are crossed.

pd2jB6J.png

Edited by Papa_Joe
Spelling

4 hours ago, techgamer17 said:

Does this mod allow you to change the trait of a Kerbal, mid-flight, as im using MKS and I have a bunch of engineers that turned into tourists as i didnt manage their habitation.

The short answer is maybe.  The Roster window has provisions for editing kerbals, but you may have to remove them from the vessel and put them back after you finish.  Set the Realism settings to none, and you can do this.

However, Roster Manager will do this much more easily.  It works similarly to the Roster window of ShipManifest, but allows for complete control over your kerbals. Link is in my signature.

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 7/17/2017 at 8:52 AM, Papa_Joe said:

May be a moot issue now.  New release out.  I suggest testing against that.

Antennas seem to returned to control window, but not solar panels. Will report if I'll find any relation to other mods :)

Edited by Mystique

• 2 weeks later...

On latest KSP (rus), Ship Manifest does not show up any science. 

Installed modules are

[x] Science! (xScience v5.9)
AutoAsparagus (AutoAsparagus v.2.2.6)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 2.7)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.7.1.0)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.23.2)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:6.7.0.0)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.1)
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.7)
Contract Pack: RemoteTech (ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech 2.1.3)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 7.0)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 8.1)
Crowd Sourced Science (CrowdSourcedScience v4.1)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.13.0)
Danger Alerts Continued (DangerAlertsContinued 1.4.0)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.3.10)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.7.0)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.8.5.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.3.0)
Kerbalism (Kerbalism 1.2.9)
Launch Numbering (LaunchNumbering 0.4.0)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.6.1.0)
MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.2.0.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.8.1)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 8.0)
RemoteTech (RemoteTech v1.8.7)
Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 5.2.0.0)
SmartStage (SmartStage 1:2.9.8)
Strategia (Strategia 1.6.0)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.14)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.9.2.0)
Universal Storage (UniversalStorage 1.3.0.0)

Is there any way to find out the cause except turning modules off one by one?

Sorry, not sure what your statement means.   Science can be enabled and disabled from the settings window, so it is possible you have it turned off.  If so, then Science will not show up in the Manifest window.

However, if Science is enabled, and you are selecting science, are you seeing the parts that have science container, labs or experiments in the part selector?

Finally, the Control window has a labs feature.  If you have a lab on your vessel does the lab show up in the labs tab?

As you can see, I need more info than provided to really assist you.  Please provide steps to reproduce your problem and if possible screen shots of the bad behavior.  Finally, include your output.txt file so that I can see if there are any issues with your installation or interactions with your other mods...

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 7/10/2017 at 0:23 PM, Mystique said:

Ook, here is screenshot of situation (newly created sandbox with simple test rig):

http://imgur.com/wXOJHMl

Also KSP.log on google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3LEHQBD7i8laUxJZk1aOW9GSXM

What else may I provide? Not a crash situation, don't even know what to attach :)

FWIW I have this same problem cannot control antennas, science, or solar panels with ship manifest. It's still useful for moving science around, but not being able to access these parts is painful cause I'm used to it. 

I'm sure it's one of my many mods that's causing it, but you'd think it would at least see the stock science experiments or the stock solar panels. It's literally blank on all three control screens. 

I can provide more info in a few days, currently on vacation, but I figured I'd chime in that I'm having the same problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running KSP 1.1.3 with RSS and RO installed, and I also have Science Manifest.  When I go to my current mission and click the button for SM, the window won't pop up.  I have searched this thread for potential fixes and have done the following to try to get the window to show up again: delete the config file, edit the config file, and disabled Realism mode.  I also tested SM with another newly-launched craft and the window popped up just fine.  The debug window shows nothing when I click on the SM button.  Just for reference, I have the SM button pinned to the stock app button.

The ship I'm using uses FASA, B9 procedural wings, procedural parts, Raidernick's Skylab parts, and Real Scale Booster parts.

EDIT: Looking at the regular debug window, I'm getting a lot of null reference exceptions.  In other words, seeing "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in my debug window constantly.  I'll post a .log file later.

EDIT 2: Actually, looks like it's not your mod, but a bug with vessel pointers because Kerbal Alarm Clock is giving me a "Vessel ID no longer exists" error for an alarm I set earlier.

Edited by Nittany Tiger

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2017 at 6:13 PM, Crixomix said:

FWIW I have this same problem cannot control antennas, science, or solar panels with ship manifest. It's still useful for moving science around, but not being able to access these parts is painful cause I'm used to it. 

I'm sure it's one of my many mods that's causing it, but you'd think it would at least see the stock science experiments or the stock solar panels. It's literally blank on all three control screens. 

I can provide more info in a few days, currently on vacation, but I figured I'd chime in that I'm having the same problem. 

Getting easier time on my job, I've returned to my KSP problem.

Right now CKAN shows Ship Mainfest as incompatible with current (1.3.1). 

Clean install, not even MechJeb or Alarm Clock. I18N off. 

Installed Module Manager, AVC and toolbar from KSP; Ship Mainfest from github.

Ok, I can move science from Materials Bay.

I've reinstalled modules one by one, and everything works. Looks like I18N was the cause...

UPD. It's Kerbalism. I've checked it.

Edited by tarkhil

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running the latest crew manifest on 1.3.1 with a bunch of other mods and it seems to be working fine. I'm playing with tourism plus which results in lots of tourists needing to be shunted around and this mod is essential for that. So thanks for making this mod!
The only issue I've found is that when sitting on the runway (pre launch) the list of crewable parts flickers because it can't decide whether or not to show the fill/empty vessel buttons.  But if you roll a bit down the runway it sorts itself out and shows the buttons and then once launched they aren't show. So basically it's fine, just a bit twitchy to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an issue with Ship Manifest, but it may as well be a conflict with another mod. When I want to transfer resources and click the resource name in the Ship Manifest main window, nothing happens at all. Settings and other windows show ok.

These are some exceptions I found in the log:

[ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in:  SMAddon.Start.  System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at ShipManifest.APIClients.ClsClient.GetCls () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMAddon.GetClsAddon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMAddon.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in SMAddon.GetCLSVessel.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.SMAddon.GetClsVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in WindowManifest.ResourceButtonToggled.  Error:  Cannot cast from source type to destination type. 

at ShipManifest.APIClients.ClsClient.GetCls () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.RefreshLists () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowManifest.ResourceButtonToggled (System.String resourceName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in WindowManifest.ResourceButtonList.  Error:  Cannot cast from source type to destination type. 

at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowManifest.ResourceButtonToggled (System.String resourceName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowManifest.ResourceButtonsList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ShipManifest.SMSettings.UpdateClsOverride () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowSettings.DisplayActionButtons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowSettings.Display (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

10 minutes ago, garwel said:

I have an issue with Ship Manifest, but it may as well be a conflict with another mod. When I want to transfer resources and click the resource name in the Ship Manifest main window, nothing happens at all. Settings and other windows show ok.

These are some exceptions I found in the log:

Those exceptions are related to connected living space. Are you using the latest (linuxgurugamer) release of that? If so try this fix:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just started using this mod and I'm seeing a weird issue.  I have two ships docked with Mk 3 passenger cabins in each, and am trying to swap the two sets of crew in each.  If I transfer the crew  one at a time using the mod's interface, it works fine.  But if I hit "select all," then instead of transferring, the crew in question disappears from the ship and winds up back at the Astronaut Center.  

I'm running 1.3.1, so possible this version is too far ahead for the mod.  I'm also running  Kopernicus, Galileo's Planet Pack, and the Near Future mods.  However, as mentioned above, the crew are all in stock Mk 3 cabins.  There does not appear to be any relevant data in the log file - the latest entry was something unrelated I was doing before trying this.  

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I sometimes experience errors where ship manifest seems to have problems with the root or docked parts of a vessel. Usually on a large station that has been assembling using konstruction ports.  Here's the log of the current error that triggers when I click on the crew button, if you want I can post the save too.

[LOG 22:32:22.807] [ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in GetSelectedVesselParts().
Error:  System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Part] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.GetDockedVesselParts (.ModuleDockingNode dockingNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 22:32:22.808] [ShipManifest] - Error:   in WindowManifest.ResourceButtonToggled.  Error:  Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object 

at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Part] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Modules.ModDockedVessel.get_Rootpart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Modules.ModDockedVessel.get_LaunchId () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.BuildDockedVesselList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.UpdateDockedVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 22:32:22.811] [ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in GetSelectedVesselParts().
Error:  System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.GetDockedVesselParts (.ModuleDockingNode dockingNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 22:32:22.988] [ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in GetSelectedVesselParts().
[LOG 22:32:22.989] [ShipManifest] - Error:   in WindowManifest.ResourceButtonToggled.  Error:  Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object 

at ShipManifest.Modules.ModDockedVessel.get_Rootpart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Modules.ModDockedVessel.get_LaunchId () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.BuildDockedVesselList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.UpdateDockedVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Edited by Djohaal

Im back from my China Vacation, and settled back into work.  I'll be going over my latest status on SM this weekend.  The issue above with CLS is related to the beta version released by linusgurugamer.  I will be sure to update both SM and CLS this weekend.

The issue with the the large station will require a bit more work.  I significantly refactored the vessel to vessel system and my vessel detection scheme.  It is possible if have not taken all conditions into account.  A log and game save would be very helpfull.

On 08/12/2017 at 4:37 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Im back from my China Vacation, and settled back into work.  I'll be going over my latest status on SM this weekend.  The issue above with CLS is related to the beta version released by linusgurugamer.  I will be sure to update both SM and CLS this weekend.

The issue with the the large station will require a bit more work.  I significantly refactored the vessel to vessel system and my vessel detection scheme.  It is possible if have not taken all conditions into account.  A log and game save would be very helpfull.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctwukdmf7wwryzm/Erroandlogs.rar?dl=0

Included in it a save file solely with the offending station (actually a new one) and the KSP log which is enormous given the ammount of mods I'm running. The log runs to the point just before I saved the file, and I tried clicking on the crew button a few times before saving to trigger the error messages. It seems the bug doesn't trigger on station welding with konstruction alone, this second vessel was deployed as a single piece and ship manifest broke soon as my first crew orbiter docked. 

Edited by Djohaal

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/10/2017 at 12:14 PM, tarkhil said:

Right now CKAN shows Ship Mainfest as incompatible with current (1.3.1). 

Papajoe may change "KSP Max Version" defined for CKAN. Currently "1.3.0" parameter only support KSP 1.3.0 (or lower), but if Papajoe define "1.3" CKAN will understand his mod support any KSP 1.3.x versions.

Reporting not seeing it my CKAN list.

I was thinking of getting back into KSP. My mod list had this in it and I recall Ship Manifest being very useful (thank you). CKAN popped up an error message related to this but I assumed it was part of needing many updates. Ran the update. Now my CKAN doesn't show the mod. Search by mod name "ship" finds a few but not this one. "manifest" finds none. Author "Papa_Joe" finds shome Bahamuto Animation, BDarmory and "VesselMover continued". 

I still see it in my Game Data directory (so should work) but not in Ckan. I did do a CKAN upate check which reports current.

Any suggestion on what to do? 

11 hours ago, brygun said:

Reporting not seeing it my CKAN list.

I was thinking of getting back into KSP. My mod list had this in it and I recall Ship Manifest being very useful (thank you). CKAN popped up an error message related to this but I assumed it was part of needing many updates. Ran the update. Now my CKAN doesn't show the mod. Search by mod name "ship" finds a few but not this one. "manifest" finds none. Author "Papa_Joe" finds shome Bahamuto Animation, BDarmory and "VesselMover continued". 

I still see it in my Game Data directory (so should work) but not in Ckan. I did do a CKAN upate check which reports current.

Any suggestion on what to do? 

It depends on what your problem is. You don't report what version of KSP you are running, so I'll assume it's the latest (1.31). This mod isn't listed as compatible with 1.31. Until it is, you can change CKAN to force it to install the mod, or you can install the mod manually. However, CKAN issues are not the mod author's problem to fix. If you see the post above yours, oliezekat has made a suggestion regarding this issue. Otherwise, since the issue has been mentioned and isn't related to the mod itself, I suggest you take this to the CKAN thread. :)

Okay thought that might be the case. Haven't used CKAN or KSP for 1/2 year. Hey, I got 3,000 hours on KSP I'm allowed a break. I was worried something major happened to KSP in the abscence.

An interm risky, though low risk, option I just found is in CKAN > Settings > Compatible KSP versions and tick 1.3. That got Ship Manifest to display again. Of course there is the risk that it isn't the most current version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.