Joystick Problem

Hi guys, I'm having problems with my new SpeedLink Black Widow flight controller joystick. The problem is that...

A) The control surfaces wont move when I pull back on the joystick.

B) The control only do rolls and cannot be level.

C) If I yaw left, the plane goes left but If I yaw right the plane still goes left.

D) Pitch dosen't work.

E) The throttle will only be at 0% if the throttle is in the middle of the gauge thingy.

I just got the joystick and have wanted one all year to do this, so if anyone can help please do!

Thanks for reading! :P

I use the Black Widow myself for years (not for KSP, but for FSX and other FlightSims)

Try to calibrate it first on the game controller settings in your OS, I assume it's Win (I used the Black Widow on Win XP, Win 7 and Win 8, so there should be no problem here) - especially the Thrust-Throttle tends to freak out if it's not properly calibrated.

And then, like it is proposed earlier, take a look under the game settings and remap all manually.

in the settings menu, go to input > staging, then on the right side of the screen, you need to define the control axes, simply click a box you want to define (eg. pitch axis) then pull your stick back, check that it puts something in the box, then happy days! youre flying with a joystick

though with a rocket, i dont find much benefit to using a joystick, keyboard and SAS are more than enough i find

Hi guys, I'm having problems with my new SpeedLink Black Widow flight controller joystick. The problem is that...

A) The control surfaces wont move when I pull back on the joystick.

B) The control only do rolls and cannot be level.

C) If I yaw left, the plane goes left but If I yaw right the plane still goes left.

D) Pitch dosen't work.

E) The throttle will only be at 0% if the throttle is in the middle of the gauge thingy.

I just got the joystick and have wanted one all year to do this, so if anyone can help please do!

Thanks for reading! :P

I have Exactly the same problem with my joystick - same model as yours.

I guess it just isn't KSP Compatible ;.;

I also had issues with the axis of my x52 joystick.

Couldn't get an axis assigned correctly resulting in cross-input.

I solved it by editing the settings.cfg file in the KSP folder by hand.

First assign at least one axis in game so that you get the correct reference in the settings file

Then quit the game and open the settings.cfg with some editor and look for AXIS_PITCH, AXIS_YAW and AXIS_ROLL

One of these should already have some value entered for the "name" and "id" fields.

Copy/paste this name to the other axis you want to use

Under it you should see an id value, this is the id of the axis on your joystick.

Once you figured out each axis' id, you can simply assign them correctly

Example:

AXIS_PITCH

{

name = Saitek Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System

id = joy0.1

inv = False

sensitivity = 2.683727

deadzone = 0.2422314

scale = 1

group = 0

switchState = Any

}

AXIS_ROLL

{

id = joy0.0

inv = False

sensitivity = 2.673492

deadzone = 0.23465

scale = 1

group = 0

switchState = Any

}

AXIS_YAW

{

id = joy0.2

inv = False

sensitivity = 2.714433

deadzone = 0.2536035

scale = 1

group = 0

switchState = Any

}

AXIS_THROTTLE

{

id = joy0.3

inv = True

sensitivity = 1

deadzone = 0.01895357

scale = 1

group = 0

switchState = Any

}

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did, It reaches 100% throttle when I push the throttle to the 50% mark, The Rudder is always pulling in one direction for some reason, same as roll and yaw. It's giving me some really weird stuff in the axis. Anyone got a control scheme I can use??

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.