[0.23] Alternis Kerbol - Release thread - [v0.1, Jan. 3] (development halted)

NovaSilisko

When I set Bop as Kerbin's moon, the game seems to lag badly when encountering it - it fixes itself once you get near it, but keeps going once you get high over it again.

No slowdown with Bop in regular AK orbit.

I'm having this issue also.

I also notice that it can't decide which texture to use, it seems to use the old one while in map or high over, when you're lowish it flickers wildly between the two textures (which I think causes the lag) and it uses the new one when you get close.

Cool mod though, I love the new look of the planets/moons. :cool:

I also notice that it can't decide which texture to use, it seems to use the old one while in map or high over, when you're lowish it flickers wildly between the two textures (which I think causes the lag) and it uses the new one when you get close.

I really can't figure out why the damn thing is grey... I haven't changed any textures on it, it just decides it wants to be grey. The difference between local and scaled space though shouldn't cause lag... it's something else. The worst part is, it doesn't generate any errors, so you can't track it down. easily.

I have noticed the same thing. Lagging and flickering. However, the lag does not occur in map view.

Also it seems running it from the KSP_linux folder does not work for me or I am doing something subtly wrong. I start KSP with this script

#!/bin/bash

cd /home/username/games/KSP/23/KSP_linux/

./KSP.x86_64

cd -

My script is very similar (and as previopusly reported the mod works for me), so perhaps you're having a different problem. You might try looking through the KSP.log file (which should be in /home/username/games/KSP/23/KSP_linux/) and see if you see a line that looks like this:

[LOG 23:46:29.461] New tylo height loadeth

(The time will be different, the "New tylo height loadeth" is the important part.) If that's there, then you've got past the problem with the home directory and we'll have to look further. On the other hand, if you see a line with IsolatedStorageException and tylo_newheight.png like this:

[EXC 22:52:45.984] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/player/GameData/AlternisKerbol/PluginData/Heightmaps/tylo_newheight.png".

Then somehow that file still isn't being found (in which case the actual path you have might be a clue.)

I get a single similar error:

> cat KSP.log |grep -i exception

[EXC 23:47:00.858] UnityException: Texture 'AlternisKerbol/Textures/newlaythe_nrm' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.

> ls GameData/AlternisKerbol/Textures/newlaythe_nrm.tga

GameData/AlternisKerbol/Textures/newlaythe_nrm.tga

So the file is present but not readable??? I own it and have permissions. Or is it missing the extension in the mod config somehow?

just noticed it here as well. Looks like there is a performance hit when getting close to bop.

I might try moving Bop further out and scaling it back up again... I'm just wondering if the lag has to do with its absurdly small size.

Well good luck with that. :)

Looking forward to where this mod goes.

I get a single similar error:

> cat KSP.log |grep -i exception

[EXC 23:47:00.858] UnityException: Texture 'AlternisKerbol/Textures/newlaythe_nrm' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.

> ls GameData/AlternisKerbol/Textures/newlaythe_nrm.tga

GameData/AlternisKerbol/Textures/newlaythe_nrm.tga

So the file is present but not readable??? I own it and have permissions. Or is it missing the extension in the mod config somehow?

Very odd. I can confirm I don't see that message, so I imagine that's the source of your problem. But I'm just as baffled as you as to why you should get that error. Maybe someone who knows about Unity has an idea?

Im curious about this too.. should just be able to copy and paste the entire KSP folder and.. boom.. two games. No?

An easier way is to just make a copy of the GameData folder, and add alternis to one. Example two folders "GameData - alternis" and "GameData - original". I have two seperate saves that use different mods, when I want to play a particular save I just rename the folder I want to GamaData.

wow this mod really reignited my KSP campfire, also i think minmus flats could be a bit higher than 0m , something like 3-5m elavation should do it, because camera glitches, when trying to look up into the sky, but that is minor.

bb_tastesogood.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.