[1.8-1.9] Modular Fuel Tanks v5.13.1

taniwha

@taniwha  and @NecroBones

Just started my career game, noticed the following error:

[ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 28433 patches applied, found <color=orange>7 errors</color>
7 errors related to GameData/FuelTanksPlus/Patches/FuelTanksPlus_ModularFuelTanks.cfg

KSP 1.2.2, FTP 1.12, ModuleManager 2.7.5

all mods up-to-date

Error:

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key origLFO = #$RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$

I realize this is a patch in FT+, but was wondering if you have any idea what may be going on.  

This happens in a totally clean game, with only FT+ and MFT installed

Log file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxl7o7bgombc6mc/Log3.zip?dl=0

Was a bug in FT+, which is now fixed

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
On 3.2.2017 at 5:54 AM, Grease1991 said:

I've had the same issue with MFT and the b9 rcs tanks, 

I created a separate install and narrowed it down to those 2 mods B9 and MFTor associated mods(firespitter plugin, B9 Part switch, etc)  the rcs fuel tank will stay in places and it won't budge other than the craft rotating around the center point of the tank. this happens 100  percent of the time. again this only b9 areospace and MFT.

However there is a work around, 
for some reason the bug also prevents the "tank type" to be loaded when you place the rcs tanks, is says *** Not Found *** in it's menu, But if you click the arrow so it says B9 Service Module then when you launch it, it works like it should, 

I can't say anything about tweakscale as I have not tested it in my heavly modded master build (it is installed in that one) but after the work-around above it works just fine for me.

what is the best way to post my log in the test build? 

That Bug is happening to me too (KSP 1.2.2). I've read in the changelog that this bug should be gone with the new version of TweakScale for KSP 1.3, but i want to stick a little bit with my modded KSP 1.2.2 Version.

It happens when you shrink a Part and the MFT-Module is in that part present. If you shrink too much, the mass becomes negative and this breaks Physics.

My Workaround: Don't shrink that much, so that the mass of this part becomes negative; check your MJ / KER for these changes in mass. I know this is suboptimal (and a little bit of a cheat, but i'm playing with RSS ...) but its ok for me till i update to 1.3 and this will begone hopefully. PS: see also http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/99956-wip-tweakscale-development-thread/&page=18#comment-2997401

I thought I'd try compiling this for 1.3, but, although I am a linux developer, I don't have a linux buildsystem set up for KSP, and the visual studio "solution" doesn't seem to understand the paths to the source nor any way to build the AssemblyMFT.cs file from the .in file - oddly enough I don't see a gnu autoconf script to build that file, nor any reference in the Makefile either, so I'm not sure how that works.  Possibly a way to prevent jackholes like me from doing this and then asking Nertea why it doesn't work? :)  Fair enough.  Unfortunately this is the only mod that can do fuel switching on a few parts I need, such as B9/B9-HX.  Sure, configurable containers CAN do this too, but it directly conflicts with InterstellarFuelSwitch (this mod does not), and so CC is unusable for me.

If the mod author returns to update this for 1.3, or if someone else gets it updated and working, or knows of a thread that is active [if someone has already made a 'continued' or 'redux' thread. It's hard to keep track of who is maintaining what :(]  with an up to date version. could someone tag me in it, or message me? I'm waiting for this so I can update the fuel wings mod which I'm maintaining for Tortoise.

Please note: I'm not trying to rudely pressure anyone for an update, and do not wish my comment to be interpreted as such. It is merely meant as a polite request for additional information if/when it becomes available. Thank you for your time.

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

If the mod author returns to update this for 1.3, or if someone else gets it updated and working, or knows of a thread that is active [if someone has already made a 'continued' or 'redux' thread. It's hard to keep track of who is maintaining what :(]  with an up to date version. could someone tag me in it, or message me? I'm waiting for this so I can update the fuel wings mod which I'm maintaining for Tortoise.

Please note: I'm not trying to rudely pressure anyone for an update, and do not wish my comment to be interpreted as such. It is merely meant as a polite request for additional information if/when it becomes available. Thank you for your time.

Posted 18 hours ago by this thread's OP in a thread for another mod he makes

An update should come fairly soon. I just got home from an emergency trip to Australia to see my dad, so I was rather not  in a situation to do much KSP modding for two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

@blowfish

So, is that a yes? and if so, would you happen to have forked the project and compiled the dll already?

EDIT:

When I open the solution in visual studio for MFT, there isn't anything in the drop-downs. I'd do it myself if I could figure it out, but I program in Python/Java mostly, still kinda new to C#.

Anyways, thanks for working on bringing MFT up to 1.3 :) 

Edited by Chase842

5 hours ago, Chase842 said:

@blowfish

So, is that a yes? and if so, would you happen to have forked the project and compiled the dll already?

EDIT:

When I open the solution in visual studio for MFT, there isn't anything in the drop-downs. I'd do it myself if I could figure it out, but I program in Python/Java mostly, still kinda new to C#.

Anyways, thanks for working on bringing MFT up to 1.3 :) 

Yes, it does appear that the VS solution for MFT is rather broken.  I think taniwha uses some build script to compile that I don't really understand.

I use make, which requires mono (for mcs) and bash and git (for versioning). with those (and any further deps) installed, it's just a matter of running "make KSPDIR=pathtoksp install" (pathtoksp = directory holding ksp.exe, the makefiles know the structure from there).

I've released MFT 5.9.0 for KSP 1.3.

Sorry about the delay, it's been a stressful six weeks. Last week, my dad's nineteen year battle with cancer came to an end. I am very grateful I was able to visit him with my family last September, and I was able to rush out to Australia again five weeks ago to visit him for two weeks while he was still lucid. The last three weeks have been spent waiting and then getting back on my feet.

On 29.6.2017 at 7:23 AM, taniwha said:

Sorry about the delay, it's been a stressful six weeks. Last week, my dad's nineteen year battle with cancer came to an end. I am very grateful I was able to visit him with my family last September, and I was able to rush out to Australia again five weeks ago to visit him for two weeks while he was still lucid. The last three weeks have been spent waiting and then getting back on my feet.

And you still found the time and motivation to update this mod for all of us?! You, sir, are a hero. 

On 6/29/2017 at 1:23 AM, taniwha said:

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'll take a look at the CKAN issue

Edit:  I updated CKAN with the new release

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hello, I have found a bug with MFT when switching to monopropellant and using radial symmetry. The logfile shows some kind of null ref exception:

Logfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rixa0o0100049i4/KSP.log?dl=0

To reproduce: Go to VAB, create a new vehicle with a Mk1-2 command pod. attach a FLT-200 fuel tank to the side. Now right click the fuel tank, change fuel to monopropellant with MFT. Select a symmetry mode >1-fold and attach the tanks to the side of the command pod, right click one fuel tank. The right click menu should disappear and some weird kind  of right-click menu should appear in the upper left with lots of monopropellant bars. Right-clicking on any part does not have any effect anymore, VAB has to be left and entered again to enable right-clicking again. 

I also had this with a vanilla KSP install with only module manager and MFT installed. 

I have logging about "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.MFTEditorToolbar.onGUIEditorToolbarReady" - there is no "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads" installed:

Exception handling event onGUIEditorToolbarReady in class MFTEditorToolbar:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.MFTEditorToolbar.onGUIEditorToolbarReady () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.MFTEditorToolbar.onGUIEditorToolbarReady () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventVoid:Fire()
KSP.UI.Screens.<SetInitialState>c__Iterator12B:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
KSP.UI.Screens.PartCategorizer:Setup()
EventVoid:Fire()
KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPanels:ShowPartsList(Action)
EditorLogic:SelectPanelParts(Boolean)
EditorLogic:StartEditor(Boolean)
<Start>c__Iterator32:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei6y6xdxjbn1dh9/2017-07-11-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.