[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it's probably the best place to start:
I'm trying to convert a few of the piston engines provided by various mods to AVGas instead of Kerosene, but nothing I do seems to work. The closest I've come is getting them to require 50% Kerosene and 50% AVGas. I'm using real fuels stockalike and AJE as well, I've checked through both and can't find anything that would be overriding settings. I'm kind of at a loss as to how to do this, and was wondering if any one had any ideas?

ETA: Nevermind, it turns out the problem is that I'm an idiot :). It works now. I've been scratching my head about this for two days, post this and the answer jumped out at me immediately.

Edited by Citizen247

I have probably some issues with the engine stability, like, i am playing with career, and so i not yet developed rcs, when the rocket is launching, and the first stage is used, the second stage immediately turns unstable, and in space, it is unstable all the time, so ullage engine begins to not be ideal, how can i fix that problem before rcs technology, or how can i just somehow disable engine stability feature? 

I'm just trying to better understand all the ins and outs of how the mod works, so please let me ask a couple specific questions.  The RealSettings.cfg specifies a TWR for each engine type / tech level.   How does that come into play when the part's weight and thrust are both defined per part?  For example, the Coxwain stockalike config is this... 

@PART[engineLargeSkipper_125m]:FOR[RealFuels_StockEngines] //Coxswain
{

@mass = 0.2
  @cost = 226
  %entryCost = 1130
  @maxTemp = 1551

@MODULE[ModuleEngine*]
  {
    @name = ModuleEnginesRF
    @maxThrust = 100
    @heatProduction = 131
    @atmosphereCurve
    {
      @key,0 = 0 308
      @key,1 = 1 185
    }
    !PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] {}
    !PROPELLANT[Oxidizer] {}
    !PROPELLANT[MonoPropellant] {}
    PROPELLANT
    {
      name = Kerosene
      ratio = 37.694087
      DrawGauge = True
      %resourceFlowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
    }
    PROPELLANT
    {
      name = LqdOxygen
      ratio = 62.305913
    }
  }

MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleEngineConfigs
    type = ModuleEnginesRF
    techLevel = 1
    origTechLevel = 1
    engineType = U
    origMass = 0.2
    configuration = Kerosene+LqdOxygen
    modded = false

CONFIG
    {
      name = Kerosene+LqdOxygen
      maxThrust = 100
      heatProduction = 131
      PROPELLANT
      {
        name = Kerosene
        ratio = 37.69408655434424
        DrawGauge = True
      }
      PROPELLANT
      {
        name = LqdOxygen
        ratio = 62.30591344565576
      }
      IspSL = 1.0000
      IspV = 1.0000
      throttle = 0
      ignitions = 1
      ullage = true
      pressureFed = false
      IGNITOR_RESOURCE
      {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 1
      }

}
    CONFIG
    {
      name = MMH+NTO
      maxThrust = 100
      heatProduction = 131
      PROPELLANT
      {
        name = MMH
        ratio = 49.219280380176514
        DrawGauge = True
      }
      PROPELLANT
      {
        name = NTO
        ratio = 50.780719619823486
      }
      IspSL = 0.9600
      IspV = 0.9500
      throttle = 0
      ignitions = 4
      ullage = true
      pressureFed = false
      IGNITOR_RESOURCE
      {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 1
      }

}
    CONFIG
    {
      name = LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen
      maxThrust = 75
      heatProduction = 131
      PROPELLANT
      {
        name = LqdHydrogen
        ratio = 76.30830964721619
        DrawGauge = True
      }
      PROPELLANT
      {
        name = LqdOxygen
        ratio = 23.69169035278381
      }
      IspSL = 1.3000
      IspV = 1.2700
      throttle = 0
      ignitions = 1
      ullage = true
      pressureFed = false
      IGNITOR_RESOURCE
      {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 1
      }

}
  }
  ignitions = 1
  ullage = true
  pressureFed = false
  IGNITOR_RESOURCE
  {
    name = ElectricCharge
    amount = 1
  }

}

In-game I see these as the tech 1 and tech 7 versions of Kerolox.  

Y3MVtiz.png

So the thrust is way less than what is specified in the config, so there is something else going on here.  I looked into what Type U engine means and found the RealSettings.cfg which explains some things, but I'm still not there on understanding how everything works.  Like, this is what it says about a type U engine...

ENGINETYPE
		{
			name = U
			TLISP0
			{
				key = 0 280
				key = 1 168
			}
			TLTWR0 = 35.2
			TLCOST0 = 1.0
			TLTECH0 = start
			TLTHROTTLE0 = 1
			TLISP1
			{
				key = 0 308
				key = 1 185
			}
			TLTWR1 = 48.8
			TLCOST1 = 1.2
			TLTECH1 = basicRocketry
			TLTHROTTLE1 = 1
			TLISP2
			{
				key = 0 325
				key = 1 195
			}
			TLTWR2 = 56.8
			TLCOST2 = 1.4
			TLTECH2 = generalRocketry
			TLTHROTTLE2 = 1
			TLISP3
			{
				key = 0 335
				key = 1 201
			}
			TLTWR3 = 61.6
			TLCOST3 = 1.6
			TLTECH3 = advRocketry
			TLTHROTTLE3 = 1
			TLISP4
			{
				key = 0 340
				key = 1 204
			}
			TLTWR4 = 64
			TLCOST4 = 1.75
			TLTECH4 = heavyRocketry
			TLTHROTTLE4 = 0.8
			TLISP5
			{
				key = 0 345
				key = 1 207
			}
			TLTWR5 = 66.4
			TLCOST5 = 1.85
			TLTECH5 = heavierRocketry
			TLTHROTTLE5 = 0.75
			TLISP6
			{
				key = 0 350
				key = 1 210
			}
			TLTWR6 = 68.8
			TLCOST6 = 1.95
			TLTECH6 = veryHeavyRocketry
			TLTHROTTLE6 = 0.7
			TLISP7
			{
				key = 0 355
				key = 1 213
			}
			TLTWR7 = 71.2
			TLCOST7 = 2.0
			TLTECH7 = experimentalRocketry
			TLTHROTTLE7 = 0.6
		}

AhHa here is where the Isp values are coming from.  So it says tech 1 type U engine has 48.8 TWR.   Maybe if the the ratio has too much thrust then it lowers the thrust, or too much weight it lowers the weight, kind of overrides the engine specific configs?  So, 60kN is 60,000 N and 0.2 t is 200 kg.   So assuming we are dealing with 1g surface TWR, then it is  60,000 / ( 200 * 9.807) = 30.6... that is not 48.8, so I'm missing something else.   What if it was the 100kN from the engine config?  Nope, that is 50.9 TWR. No combination I see comes out to 48.8 TWR, so maybe that value from the engine type config is just not used... But what is causing the thrust to be 60 when it clearly says 100 in the config.  I feel like I'm just missing something obvious. 

Also, the cost is defined as 226.  The tech 7 type U config says Cost is 2.0, I'm guessing that is a multiplier.  The in-game the costs are 226 and 377.  Also, the mass goes down each tech level, but that is not in the engine config.  Is it just a fixed % per tech level?  I went back and read through all the OP posts, but I didn't see answers to any of my questions.  I did see where it mentions the the engine type TWR is a multiplier...  I'm definitely not seeing how the math works on that..   

Ultimately, I'm out to build a spreadsheet of all the engines and their configs that I have installed.  For a variety of reasons, I want to have a good way to compare different engines and the in-game editor is not great once you factor in different tech levels and fuel mixes, and I also want to be able to fix any problems with plumes and modded engines that are missing configs, something I'm only going to find it I check them all one by one.  So I've spent a few hours working on it and I started to realize just how complex Real Fuels is, I'm not deterred I actually think its going to be easier now to get all the data entered, I just need to work out exactly what is going on with some of the math so I can make sure my spreadsheet calculations are accurate. 

2 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

I said "ullage motors begins to not be ideal" but anyways, i havent yet even developed ullage motors.:(

Huh? A ullage motor is just a small solid fueled rocket. Use sepratrons or any small solid fueled rocket that you might have added through mods.

9 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

I said "ullage motors begins to not be ideal" but anyways, i havent yet even developed ullage motors.:(

Ok... but if you're that low in the tech tree why do you need to do multiple restarts in orbit? Most of the early space missions had similar problems, which is why most early missions didn't have engine restarts, just a single long burn to orbit, either with engines that burned throughout the launch or with solid rockets in the later stages.

@eberkain

IIRC, the TWR entries never actually compare any actual thrust or mass of the engine. Instead, they are compared to each other in the tech level entries to determine how much the thrust has changed between tech levels. It comes into play when you change tech levels using the +/- buttons.

That's all.

(unless an engine's config explicitly assigns specific thrust on a per-TL basis in its ModuleEngineConfig entries)

3 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

Ok... but if you're that low in the tech tree why do you need to do multiple restarts in orbit? Most of the early space missions had similar problems, which is why most early missions didn't have engine restarts, just a single long burn to orbit, either with engines that burned throughout the launch or with solid rockets in the later stages.

He didn't say a thing about restarting. Read what he actually said. He launches. His first stage is spent. His second stage is unstable.

Answer: Use solid fueled rockets. Easy peasy.

Edited by Starwaster

21 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@eberkain

IIRC, the TWR entries never actually compare any actual thrust or mass of the engine. Instead, they are compared to each other in the tech level entries to determine how much the thrust has changed between tech levels. It comes into play when you change tech levels using the +/- buttons.

Ok, so then why is the thrust in-game different from the engine config file?

25 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@eberkain

He didn't say a thing about restarting. Read what he actually said. He launches. His first stage is spent. His second stage is unstable.

Answer: Use solid fueled rockets. Easy peasy.

I originally mentioned solid rockets, but he also said: "and in space, it is unstable all the time, so ullage engine begins to not be ideal". It seems pretty clear he's talking about the stage going unstable on ascent, yes, but also that there's a question of restarting in orbit. He's clearly talking about restarting engines in space, multiple times. If not why would ullage motors not be ideal? I got that from reading all of what he actually said.

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

Ok, so then why is the thrust in-game different from the engine config file?

Assuming here that you're referring to the displayed thrust in the editor. The reason it's different is because it's actually displaying sea level thrust and not maximum thrust.

That probably should be considered a bug, especially since the editor says "Max. Thrust: 60.065"

I don't know if that was a conscious design decision or if someone just accidentally used the ASL Isp instead of vacuum Isp.

But your actual maximum thrust is what it says when you hover the mouse over the fuel configuration for the engine, for each fuel mixture button. (meaning that you can't see it if you selected Kerosene+Lox. If you change it to MMO+NTO for instance and then hover over Kero+LOX button then you'll see a different max thrust in the pop-up)

I'll open up an issue on the repository site and get some discussion going to see why that was done that way and maybe get it changed so that the displays are more consistent. Or maybe display it as a range of thrust (i.e. 60.065 - 100)

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

But your actual maximum thrust is what it says when you hover the mouse over the fuel configuration for the engine, for each fuel mixture button. (meaning that you can't see it if you selected Kerosene+Lox. If you change it to MMO+NTO for instance and then hover over Kero+LOX button then you'll see a different max thrust in the pop-up)

Thank you, I never noticed the popup when mousing over the fuel config button.  

4 hours ago, Starwaster said:

@eberkain

Lets look at these stats...

Coxswain Type U Engine
Level 1 Level 7 Level 1 Level 7
Thrust 60-100 Thrust 76-126 Isp 185-308 Isp 213-355
Mass 0.2 Mass 0.174 TWR 48.8 TWR 71.2
Cost 226 Cost 377 Cost 1 Cost 2

The level 7 Type U TWR is 145% of the level 1 TWR.  

The level 7 Max Thrust of the engine is 126% of the level 1 Max Thrust.  

The Level 7 Max Isp is 115% of the the level 1 Max Isp.   

None of these seem to correlate with each other so far as I can tell.  Perhaps the fuel flow rate is also increasing with each tech level? combined with the Isp increase is hitting the actual thrust increase...  I'm tempted to just pull the level 7 data directly from the game for my spreadsheet instead of trying to calculate each engines tech level stats.  It would still serve to compare engines against one another as eventually you will have the tech maxed out anyhow.  

I'm not so clear on how the cost goes from 226 to 377 when the multiplier is a 2.    Also not sure why the weight goes down 13% from level 1 - 7.   I checked at it does not change on a linear scale...

I tried to find a correlation between anything and the weight scale with no success.  

@eberkain

Yeah, it does increase mass flow as well. So, just like in real life, thrust increases can be assumed to be due to other factors besides Isp.

Not sure about mass changes. I think I was wrong about TL changes not actually comparing TWR / Mass. It's been awhile since I looked at that part of the code, which was written by someone else. (I did have to familiarize myself with it at one time because those changes were affecting my NTR configurations back when engine configs were still part of Real Fuels)

If you have any familiarity with C# coding, most of the relevant code is in the TechLevel class and the mass specific code is here:

https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/blob/8900deb603346da678ed154e15724ee89580a112/Source/TechLevels/TechLevel.cs#L244-L253

On 3/3/2017 at 2:50 PM, hanhan658 said:

I have probably some issues with the engine stability, like, i am playing with career, and so i not yet developed rcs, when the rocket is launching, and the first stage is used, the second stage immediately turns unstable, and in space, it is unstable all the time, so ullage engine begins to not be ideal, how can i fix that problem before rcs technology, or how can i just somehow disable engine stability feature? 

Hot staging is an option? Basically, set up your staging so that you can start up your second stage engine before separating stages. If you want historical inspiration, take a look at the Titan II or Any soviet R-7 with upper stages. It is best that you stage when the air has had a chance to thin, so making your first stage burn longer than you'd normally think is optimal can help with that. Thinner air means less drag slowing the stage down and forcing the fuel towards the top of the tank in free fall, which makes the fuel pumps get gasses and not fuel, causing a restart attempt to fail.

Anyone else having issues with the alternators on engines? On my install they are always active generating electricity no matter what (no fuel and disabled) and it is breaking my career as I have unlimited EC ;.;

To test things out I only installed:

- ModuleManager
- SolverEngines
- RealFuels
- Stockalike Real Fuels Engine Configs

And the problem persists.

Is this for some reason an intended behaviour? This is my first career with RealFuels and I couldn't find any reference to this issue anywhere else. Any help is appreciated.

Request:
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask for this, but I'm wondering if we could get some MM patches to make RF compatible with Bluedog Design Bureau. The engines for BDB are all setup to use real fuels, but the tanks use B9PartSwitch, and the only fuels are LF/O and LH2/O. The fuel tanks are nicely modeled and textured in BDB as most are analogues of real life rockets. Problem is if you want to use real fuels these fuel tanks are basically best used as just structural pieces. If I had the time I would add in at least kerolox setups for each tank so that they can be used with most of the BDB engines, but alas I'm pretty busy and the most time I have for KSP is on Sundays (my day off).

Thanks!

Also: If there is a patch that makes it easy to convert the volume of each tank so I can make a simple patch to add kerolox to each tank without having to set the volume of each tank individually I'd appreciate it. If this is the case, this may be easier and less time consuming than I initially think.

On 3/13/2017 at 5:21 PM, kR105 said:

Anyone else having issues with the alternators on engines? On my install they are always active generating electricity no matter what (no fuel and disabled) and it is breaking my career as I have unlimited EC ;.;

To test things out I only installed:

- ModuleManager
- SolverEngines
- RealFuels
- Stockalike Real Fuels Engine Configs

And the problem persists.

Is this for some reason an intended behaviour? This is my first career with RealFuels and I couldn't find any reference to this issue anywhere else. Any help is appreciated.

The problem is with SolverEngines. I have created an issue: https://github.com/KSP-RO/SolverEngines/issues/25

I'm waiting to see if there's any feedback on why the responsible piece of code exists before doing a pull request to fix it. (so far; I seem to have a working fix so either there was a mistake in the code or it was fixing something that has now changed which is why I'm waiting on feedback)

6 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

Request:
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask for this, but I'm wondering if we could get some MM patches to make RF compatible with Bluedog Design Bureau. The engines for BDB are all setup to use real fuels, but the tanks use B9PartSwitch, and the only fuels are LF/O and LH2/O. The fuel tanks are nicely modeled and textured in BDB as most are analogues of real life rockets. Problem is if you want to use real fuels these fuel tanks are basically best used as just structural pieces. If I had the time I would add in at least kerolox setups for each tank so that they can be used with most of the BDB engines, but alas I'm pretty busy and the most time I have for KSP is on Sundays (my day off).

Thanks!

Also: If there is a patch that makes it easy to convert the volume of each tank so I can make a simple patch to add kerolox to each tank without having to set the volume of each tank individually I'd appreciate it. If this is the case, this may be easier and less time consuming than I initially think.

A good rule of thumb is that the stock volume unit for the three liquid propellants is 1 volume unit = 5 liters. You'll probably be ok then just multiplying by 5, but the safest thing to do would be to go through each tank part and calculate its volume by hand

I don't know if it's of any interest to anyone other than me, but I've written configs to convert various piston prop engines from Kerosene to AVGas:

It currently converts engines from Airplane Plus, SXT and StrykerAerospace, and the extra engines from AJE.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 //								//
 //			AVGas engine conversion			//
 //			    by Citizen247			//
 //								//
 /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//SXT - Engines
@PART[SXTPWR2800]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] {}
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[SXTR280018WProp]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}

}
}

@PART[SXTR280021Prop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		!PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] {}
		!PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[SXTTinyprop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[SXTKO211Dprop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[SXTJ213]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[SXT_Jumo213A]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[SXTMerlin66prop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[SXTMerlin46Prop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

//AJE - Engines
@PART[spadprop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[fokkerprop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[51prop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[hawkerprop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[chaikaprop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[AJP_109_605Prop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[109Prop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[corsairprop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[APP_R2800Prop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[zeroprop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[fighterProp]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[merlin]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[AJP_MERLIN]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[spitfiremerlin]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

@PART[yakprop]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

//Stryker
@PART[noirengine]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		-PROPELLANT[Kerosene] {}

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = AvGas
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
		}
	}
}

Have encountered an interesting problem, using Ven's Revamp and real fuel stockalike config, my engines always explode immediately after shut down and staging (no collision), however, this does not happen if staging happens when the engines are still running. Wondering why this might have happened?

23 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

Request:

Thanks!

I thought the NEEDS[!RealFuels] stuff to skip installing the B9 tanks was included in BDB 1.1, if not it will be in the next release. There's configs in progress here.

20 hours ago, Starwaster said:

The problem is with SolverEngines. I have created an issue: https://github.com/KSP-RO/SolverEngines/issues/25

I'm waiting to see if there's any feedback on why the responsible piece of code exists before doing a pull request to fix it. (so far; I seem to have a working fix so either there was a mistake in the code or it was fixing something that has now changed which is why I'm waiting on feedback)

A good rule of thumb is that the stock volume unit for the three liquid propellants is 1 volume unit = 5 liters. You'll probably be ok then just multiplying by 5, but the safest thing to do would be to go through each tank part and calculate its volume by hand

Actually, that's incredibly helpful. Thanks for the tip Starwaster, I'll be setting up kerolox tanks for BDB this weekend, and move onto LH2 afterwards.

21 hours ago, Starwaster said:

5 hours ago, Jso said:

I thought the NEEDS[!RealFuels] stuff to skip installing the B9 tanks was included in BDB 1.1, if not it will be in the next release. There's configs in progress here.

Actually, that's incredibly helpful. Thanks for the tip Starwaster, I'll be setting up kerolox tanks for BDB this weekend, and move onto LH2 afterwards.

*Edit* Didn't see your post there Jso, those configs work perfectly. Now all the tanks I'm using work perfectly with the BDB 1.1.0 pack (without the configs, the fuel tanks don't offer any choice for fuel for some reason, probably due to a conflict with another mod I'm using). Thanks Jso!