[v0.1] BACE Construction Co.

NovaSilisko

Nova, I am continually impressed with the realism and creativity you display in your mods.

I\'m curious, though. What inspired you to choose the design that you did? Any reading material/media/etc.?

Because flying nuclear reactors are so realistic =P

(Yes yes, project orion bla bla)

Nova, I am continually impressed with the realism and creativity you display in your mods.

I\'m curious, though. What inspired you to choose the design that you did? Any reading material/media/etc.?

The models seem familiar, like I saw them in a picture or a movie, I\'m just not sure which one.

No reference material for anything, really. Only thing you could consider would be the solar collector, which is based on a photo of the Orion solar panels.

Because flying nuclear reactors are so realistic =P

(Yes yes, project orion bla bla)

Nuclear power has been used for both earth orbit and long duration missions. It\'s also the power plant for the new 'Curiosity' Mars rover that NASA has launched. I\'ve seen them also proposed for power on human mars missions.

Nuclear power has been used for both earth orbit and long duration missions. It\'s also the power plant for the new 'Curiosity' Mars rover that NASA has launched. I\'ve seen them also proposed for power on human mars missions.

Not meaning to get too off topic, but it\'s important to note that there\'s a massive difference between a nuclear reactor and a radioisotope thermoelectric generator (RTG) like the one used on Curiosity. One creates and controls a nuclear chain reaction, the other generates a small current from the heat given off by radioactive decay.

Back on topic, loving the BACEs, although I feel they could be a bit bigger and more stackable. These are going to be amazing after the persistance update, but for now what I\'d really like is to be able to land them all at once.

That\'s the point - these will become useful when we have persistence (i.e. next update) and we build our base one module by one module, as we probably would in real life.

Ah, I get it now. Thanks.

an open-air module with a huge antenna, some deployed solar panels, a drill head, possibly a RTG?

Basically a jack off all trades science / utility platform.

Or...

Perhaps some sort of rover deployment platform?

Finally managed to get around to BACE. I like it Nova, excellent job...

xzbobzx\'s idea of Jeb\'s head might make for an interesting Command Pod

an open-air module with a huge antenna, some deployed solar panels, a drill head, possibly a RTG?

Basically a jack off all trades science / utility platform.

Or...

Perhaps some sort of rover deployment platform?

When we get animation, I plan on making a drilling platform, ore hoppers, return vehicles...