[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

2 hours ago, DMagic said:

@vardicd Did you try it while attached to a vessel? I'm not really sure if behaves the same while attached to a Kerbal.

It did work everytime I'd had it attached to a ship, I just don't have the ability to get a ship underwater. All I can get is floating on the surface. Didn't realize it would make a difference being held by a kerbal instead of on a ship.

So I've ran into a glitch... ok it's more than glitch lol. Every time I load the game it crashes at this point:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W_zSfofrg2S2JhdWp2dUgwQk0/view?usp=sharing

I've taken a look at that file and the config for it but honestly I have no idea where to start. I do have Universal Storage installed also.

EDIT: Oh and here is the error log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W_zSfofrg2clNtaEFzVUV4R1E/view?usp=sharing

Edited by OrionSpacey

2 hours ago, OrionSpacey said:

So I've ran into a glitch... ok it's more than glitch lol. Every time I load the game it crashes at this point:

I've taken a look at that file and the config for it but honestly I have no idea where to start. I do have Universal Storage installed also.

There's another log that the game outputs, could you upload that one?  I think it's just output_log in the ksp_x64_data folder. It gives more information about what was going on right then with the specific errors and everything. Normal questions: Are you running it in x64 mode and 1.3? Dependencies, etc all updated?

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

There's another log that the game outputs, could you upload that one?  I think it's just output_log in the ksp_x64_data folder. It gives more information about what was going on right then with the specific errors and everything. Normal questions: Are you running it in x64 mode and 1.3? Dependencies, etc all updated?

I'm at work atm I'll have to double check on the x64 but I'm pretty sure it's just x32. Unfortunately I don't know which mods have dependencies and what not. Here's a screen of the mods I have it doesn't show but I have Universal Storage installed.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_W_zSfofrg2a3dyQ2RZMWV2TEU

Edited by OrionSpacey

7 hours ago, OrionSpacey said:

You ran the 32 bit version and it used up all its available memory space (mods can need a lot of RAM)

Error occurred at 2017-06-24_073908.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Dave Bowman.
32% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [1601 MB free].
Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Try launching the 64 bit version (KSP_x64.exe) instead.

Oh and general advice is not to mod the Steam copy of KSP since it is likely to break whenever Squad release a new update and Steam autoupdates your files. Better to copy the KSP directory out of Steam and mod that version.

5 hours ago, OrionSpacey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ahhhh that just might be it! I'll give it a shot here in a couple of hours when I get off work lol

I typical just tell steam not to update it until the mod devs can catch up :)

Problem with that is that Steam will update it regardless of that setting, if you actually start the game. As long as Steam is online, there is no function within Steam to allow you to play a "non updated" game.

I create copies of my vanilla KSP folder and set each copy up with the selection of mods I want to use, leaving one as vanilla. Then I use batch files to create a directory junction as "Kerbal Space Program" from the copy I want to play and launch KSP_x64, and restore the junction to vanilla when done.

10 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Problem with that is that Steam will update it regardless of that setting, if you actually start the game. As long as Steam is online, there is no function within Steam to allow you to play a "non updated" game.

I create copies of my vanilla KSP folder and set each copy up with the selection of mods I want to use, leaving one as vanilla. Then I use batch files to create a directory junction as "Kerbal Space Program" from the copy I want to play and launch KSP_x64, and restore the junction to vanilla when done.

Ya I remembered that after I posted that XD I'll end up doing that eventually but right now I'd like to just to get the game working lol On that note it still is crashing on the exact same file even when running x64 version. I might just have to remove the DMagic mod sadly :( or remove the others and see if if it's conflicting with another mod.

@OrionSpacey Have you tried it without Universal Storage?

There doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with US or Orbital Science, and they work fine for me.

The only thing I can see is that Interstellar (and Interstellar Fuel Switch) has a lot of Module Manager patches pointed towards the US parts. These are the patch files that seem to be affecting US parts (both normal US and my US parts):

From Interstellar Fuel Switch:
IntegrationLiquidFuel
IntegrationLiquidFuelOxidizer
IntegrationXenon

From Interstellar:
OreTanksFix

Those config files should all be found in the Patches folder of those two mods. Maybe they are doing something weird.

I assume this contract came form this mod so ill post it here.  you can see that the craft has the 2 required parts and has indeed performed the science and sent it home.  however the contract does not think they are on the satellite.  and also you can see the orbit information shows I have the eccentricity and inclination set as well.  but again the contract does not think so and thus my timer will not start ticking.  any ideas?

Screenshot%202017-07-01%2018.32.30.png

@Bit Fiddler It looks like it doesn't think you are in orbit for some reason. If you had any fuel I would say to try breaking orbit (go into an escape orbit) for a second, then go back to closed orbit. I guess you could turn on infinite fuel for a second. Otherwise I can't say much without log files.

@Bit Fiddler No, it only checks for the orbit parameters and the parts if it thinks the vessel is in a closed orbit around the target planet (specifically, when the OnOrbit event is fired, which should happen any time an escape orbit, or sub-orbital trajectory is changed to a closed orbit). So if id doesn't recognize that it is in orbit for whatever reason then it won't check anything else. It's not a new problem, so it almost certainly an issue of recognizing that the vessel is in orbit. There are a couple of fallback methods that are used when there is either an error in recognizing that the vessel is in orbit when loaded, or if the contract isn't tracking any vessels when it is loaded. But, again, all I can do is guess without log files.

I just used hyper edit to "land" the sat and recover some of the funds.   I then re launched the (same) craft and the mission worked.  so not sure what the cause was, but this time it knew I was in orbit and everything was fine.

by retrograde do you mean orbiting against the planet's/moon's spin?

if so, no, that would be marked as an inclination of 180.  and since this is higher than 40 it would indeed still work.   and if I was to go all the way around to 220 which would look just like a 40 but in reverse (I think this is what you mean) then it is again greater than the 40 degrees required and would trigger the mission.   other than this I do not know what you mean by retrograde orbit.

however I just sent another probe and it worked fine.  so there is some bug in the triggering of "valid" orbit that is not 100% repeatable.  as it was an identical probe back to the same orbit...  so not sure why the trigger did not happen the first go around.

About Radio Signals Intelligence Dish, the fairing on the large dish. I popped it on the ground for testing purposes, then had a Kerbal walk into one of the halves. He couldn't climb into it. Then I tried jumping into if from higher and noticed that the reason I couldn't walk into it was because the collider isn't hollow.

Would it be doable making the fairings collider hollow? Not useful in any way, but just for sake of realism when you walk a Kerbal on the debris. Or drive over it.

Thanks