0.23 PartTools

Mu.

Link to the PartTool while the dev fix the OP link

As for the DDS export if Mu can't add it I ll have a look later at adding a menu that would at least call a command line tool

Thx. But where can I find the old .20 Version to bring a "new" Installation of Unity to work?

(because the new PartTools contains only a bunch of strange files. The unityPackage file is missing :( )

• 3 weeks later...
Thx. But where can I find the old .20 Version to bring a "new" Installation of Unity to work?

(because the new PartTools contains only a bunch of strange files. The unityPackage file is missing :( )

pick a link, use at your own risk. works best with language filters and safe-search disabled.

http://www.google.com/#q=PartTools020.zip

http://www.google.com/#q=PartTools023.zip

amazing how 20 years later, people still don't know how to google.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm amazed how this thread lasted for so long and nobody updated it.

here it is, for your convenience, PartTools 0.20 AND 0.23 in a single .unitypackage

just download and place it in your "\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Standard Assets" folder, then delete the existing PartTools.unitypackage.

http://xyphos.altervista.org/KerbalSpaceProgram/PartTools023x.unitypackage

Edited by Xyphos

I'm amazed how this thread lasted for so long and nobody updated it.

The OP of this thread is SQUAD developer Mu, and he is the only person who can update his thread (aside from the moderators).

Mu is usually extremely busy working on the game itself, and so he never has any spare time to keep track of what's going on in the forums. Please exercise some restraint and show him some respect.

The OP of this thread is SQUAD developer Mu, and he is the only person who can update his thread (aside from the moderators).

Mu is usually extremely busy working on the game itself, and so he never has any spare time to keep track of what's going on in the forums. Please exercise some restraint and show him some respect.

o.O

it only took me no less than 1 minute to create that updated package, upload to my file host, and post a new thread about it.

respect sure, restraint only comes with reason.

Edited by Master Tao

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you know a new part tools supporting reflective textures would be nice. Can this not be done? I got my model using reflective textures in unity..just need to export it to the game. Surely this can be done. Anybody know where the original zip files are located for dl? Not the package but the zip files

Unless squad release it, no. But there are mods about to do reflective textures; Texture Replacer being one of them, I believe. Look into the WindowShine mod that uses it.

Not sure what you mean about the zip? It's the same thing either way, just packaged differently.

well see thats the thing. I dont want my model "mod Dependent" as much as possible. If the mod maker decides he/she isnt going to keep the mod updated or abandons it completely then what?

EDIT: Moderators might want to sticky this

PartTools020.zip

http://www.megafileupload.com/4Oos/PartTools_020.zip

PartTools023.zip

http://www.megafileupload.com/4Oot/PartTools023.zip

Edited by Redneck
I found my copys of PartTools

so i was thinking and looking here on my computer at files in notepad++ the alpha shader to be exact. I was wondering if i made a say "reflective.shader and slipped it inside partTools if KSP would recognize it. Or was PartTools created by KSP SDK or whatever you call it (Im no coder)

• 2 weeks later...
part tools 0.20 was a .unitypackage file. However part tools 0.23 is a bunch of folders and files. What am I supports to do with part tools 0.23? How do I import it into unity?

The readme for part tools 0.23 says 0.20 at the top! Is it even thr correct thing in the download? I have to say I am not terribly impressed - a readme with install instructions would not be too much to ask.

Drag the entire folder into assets

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive had an issue with the parttools, for some reason it stopped working.

what happens:

the part tools window thingy cannot be closed and displays nothing

the part tools script cant be used, it just doesnt show anything.

it DID work a week or so ago, i havent updated unity or done anything else

if more info is needed, i'll try to get it.

edit: OK, the log throws up boatloads of errors, heres one

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

ConfigNode.RecurseFormat (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 cfg, System.Int32& index, .ConfigNode node)

ConfigNode.RecurseFormat (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 cfg)

ConfigNode.Load (System.String fileFullName)

UrlDir+UrlConfig.CreateNodeList (.UrlDir parentDir, .UrlFile parent)

UrlDir+UrlFile..ctor (.UrlDir parent, System.IO.FileInfo info)

UrlDir.Create (.UrlDir parent, System.IO.DirectoryInfo info)

UrlDir..ctor (.UrlDir parent, System.IO.DirectoryInfo info)

UrlDir..ctor (.UrlDir parent, System.IO.DirectoryInfo info)

UrlDir..ctor (.UrlDir root, .ConfigDirectory rootInfo)

UrlDir..ctor (.ConfigDirectory[] dirConfig, .ConfigFileType[] fileConfig)

KSPPartTools.GameDatabase.LoadDataDirectory ()

KSPPartTools.GameDatabase..ctor ()

KSPPartTools.GameDatabase.get_Instance ()

KSPPartTools.PartToolsWindow.OnGUI ()

System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Edited by Kowalskicore

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed the parttools package on page 8 to unity 4.2.2 as described back on page 8.

I'm getting the following error:

Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespace (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Is there an easy fix here?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.