[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

Found a bug with incorrect position limit:

http://i.imgur.com/SIp13kf.jpg

Am I right in thinking you tweakscaled the part, and how did you set that position? Was it via a preset you added before scaling the part down? If so I'll let the plugin guys know.

--------------------------------------------------

looks like active struts got a 1.0 update can we expect the IR utility pack to get an official 1.0 update as well?

You mean this? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/48086-0-21-1-Docking-Strut-1-0-1-0?p=1881146&viewfull=1#post1881146

If so, then that's not Active Struts meaning my parts are not compatible. Don't worry though, Marce gave us permission to continue to use Active Struts for Infernal Robotics, and we're working on getting it compatible with 1.0. Once that happens a new Utility pack will be released.

I'm having a problem with the textures; namely, they don't seem to be showing up for me. All the moving parts show up in the VAB editor as nearly featureless black shapes, and the struts appear to be white with smudges of black. I read the front page's suggestion about deleting the PartDatabase.cfg file from the KSP root menu, but that doesn't seem to have helped. I also read the last few pages of posts, looking to see if anybody has had this problem since 1.0 came out. I had this pack in 0.90 with no texture problems. I don't know if it matters, but I'm also running Active Texture Management. Editor Extensions, and Filter Extensions. I really liked using the IR Rework parts in 0.90, and I'd love to know how to get things straightened out. Thank you in advance.

If so, then that's not Active Struts meaning my parts are not compatible. Don't worry though, Marce gave us permission to continue to use Active Struts for Infernal Robotics, and we're working on getting it compatible with 1.0. Once that happens a new Utility pack will be released.

What happened to Marce bums me out :\

Sorry this really isn't the place for that, please pass on our best regards if the chance arises though.

I'm having a problem with the textures; namely, they don't seem to be showing up for me. All the moving parts show up in the VAB editor as nearly featureless black shapes, and the struts appear to be white with smudges of black. I read the front page's suggestion about deleting the PartDatabase.cfg file from the KSP root menu, but that doesn't seem to have helped. I also read the last few pages of posts, looking to see if anybody has had this problem since 1.0 came out. I had this pack in 0.90 with no texture problems. I don't know if it matters, but I'm also running Active Texture Management. Editor Extensions, and Filter Extensions. I really liked using the IR Rework parts in 0.90, and I'd love to know how to get things straightened out. Thank you in advance.

Funny how you tried to do everything but look at the texture files )

Textures are missing, there are only placeholders with this image:

z2PYNrG.jpg

The author hasn't made/included the real textures yet.

Edited by Enceos

Funny how you tried to do everything but look at the texture files )

Textures are missing, there are only placeholders with this image:

http://i.imgur.com/z2PYNrG.jpg

The author hasn't made/included the real textures yet.

Please drop this accusations. Author is kind enough to make a reusable textures to save you all precious memory - all similar parts reuse one texture that is in the root directory for the pack and it is done in part.cfg. This dummy file is there for other reasons.

Author is kind enough to make a reusable textures to save you all precious memory - all similar parts reuse one texture that is in the root directory for the pack and it is done in part.cfg.

I have the texture file; it just doesn't seem to be mapping correctly onto the parts. All the moving parts show up as mostly black with a small sliver of yellow, and the structural parts are mostly white. I tried re-installing the mod parts, but no joy.

Am I right in thinking you tweakscaled the part, and how did you set that position? Was it via a preset you added before scaling the part down? If so I'll let the plugin guys know.

Yes, I'm checked it again and it's really matter of maxPositon not scaled down (or up) when part are tweakscaled...

I have the texture file; it just doesn't seem to be mapping correctly onto the parts. All the moving parts show up as mostly black with a small sliver of yellow, and the structural parts are mostly white. I tried re-installing the mod parts, but no joy.

Do you have ATM installed? If yes clear the ATM cache and delete PartDatabase.cfg from root folder (do it when KSP is not running).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I'm checked it again and it's really matter of maxPositon not scaled down (or up) when part are tweakscaled...

A hotfix for IR will be uploaded today, please check again with the latest version.

If you are using ATM - clear ATM cache and delete the PartDatabase.cfg file near ksp.exe

That worked for me...until I installed another mod. Now it's back to the black textures. I don't know whether ATM or the IR rework is to blame, but I sure don't want to wait another hour+ for ATM to rejigger all the textures every time I install a mod, just so this one mod's textures will show up correctly. Is there a fix coming for that, or do I need to go searching for a way to make ATM ignore IR Rework altogether?

Getting a similar problem as above. Deleting the ATM cache and deleting PartDatabase.cfg works ONLY until the next time I boot up KSP, then textures go back to being black. Doesn't matter whether or not I install another mod in the meantime.

That worked for me...until I installed another mod. Now it's back to the black textures. I don't know whether ATM or the IR rework is to blame, but I sure don't want to wait another hour+ for ATM to rejigger all the textures every time I install a mod, just so this one mod's textures will show up correctly. Is there a fix coming for that, or do I need to go searching for a way to make ATM ignore IR Rework altogether?

gave this a go and its only a temporary fix.Problem as others have stated resumes the moment you do anything else.

Would it be possible to persuade/bribe someone to allow binding rotatrons to an action group, allowing it to constantly stay on? It would blend perfectly with slow-accelerating joints.

I want to build faster rovers with custom wheels and also electric helicopters, just for the fun of it.

gave this a go and its only a temporary fix.Problem as others have stated resumes the moment you do anything else.

There was a config for ATM that fixes the problem, I'll post it here as well.

- - - Updated - - -

None of the moving parts load for me? Just trusses and tubes?

Do you have Filter Extensions installed? If not - do you see our custom part category for robotic parts?

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be possible to persuade/bribe someone to allow binding rotatrons to an action group, allowing it to constantly stay on? It would blend perfectly with slow-accelerating joints.

I want to build faster rovers with custom wheels and also electric helicopters, just for the fun of it.

You can do this already. Jus bind the "Move +" action to desired actiongroup in editor.

Put this file named IR.cfg to "ActiveTextureManagement\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs"

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = MagicSmokeIndustries
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/.*
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
compress_normals = false
mipmaps_normals = false
make_not_readable = false
}
}
}

Put this file named IR.cfg to "ActiveTextureManagement\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs"

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = MagicSmokeIndustries
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/.*
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
compress_normals = false
mipmaps_normals = false
make_not_readable = false
}
}
}

Hmm, this doesn't seem to work at all for me. I created the .cfg, copied and pasted the script, deleted the cache and PartDatabase.cfg and then let KSP run ATM again. The textures work as expected until I close and re-open the game. Something about ATM must be bugged if it's still affecting the textures that the config file specifically says to ignore. I've been reading the ATM thread, apparently a few other mods are having similar issues. Hopefully he fixes it ASAP.

FYI: I'm currently running a bunch of 1.0 updated mods without any need for ATM, so maybe it is not needed anymore for most installs. And as more and more mods update their textures to DDS there is less need for ATM.

FYI: I'm currently running a bunch of 1.0 updated mods without any need for ATM, so maybe it is not needed anymore for most installs. And as more and more mods update their textures to DDS there is less need for ATM.

I can second this. Not to put down ATM, but I have been running numerous mods without it for some time. -forceOpenGL and -popupwindow are your friends and with .dds textures I'm running a modified version of EVE and Astronomers visual and maybe another 10 mods on top of that (with .dds textures) in 1.0 and I'm hovering around 2.5 - 2.8GB and load time is less than a minute I love 1.0

I know this isn't really the place to talk about memory usage and textures but I figured I'd back up Ziw on this one

I can second this. Not to put down ATM, but I have been running numerous mods without it for some time. -forceOpenGL and -popupwindow are your friends and with .dds textures I'm running a modified version of EVE and Astronomers visual and maybe another 10 mods on top of that (with .dds textures) in 1.0 and I'm hovering around 2.5 - 2.8GB and load time is less than a minute I love 1.0

I know this isn't really the place to talk about memory usage and textures but I figured I'd back up Ziw on this one

I have about 25 mods currently installed, and plan on adding KAS and near future mods when they are updated to wrap up my collection. Would you recommend using force openGL over ATM?

Also, would it actually help the texture issue here?

fyi I run on the mac client.

I have about 25 mods currently installed, and plan on adding KAS and near future mods when they are updated to wrap up my collection. Would you recommend using force openGL over ATM?

Also, would it actually help the texture issue here?

fyi I run on the mac client.

I will pm you this is getting off topic here

Thanks very much guys for the pointers on Rotatron action group usage the other day.

I have completed my first IR Rework helicopter, albeit with some of the joint parts facing the wrong way, due to a case of burning midnight oil in the SPH and working with a small screen in the dead of night.

The end result is a flying house of horrors, a Mosquito of Doom that has sent many a plane-spotter near KSC packing at the sight of this... thing rising forth silhouetted before the dying light of dusk.

The joints are reversed but it still works fine though... I guess with the entire mass of the craft hanging from the rotors during flight there doesn't seem to be much side effect.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.