[1.6.1] Soundtrack Editor 4.6 (2019-01-28)

pizzaoverhead

I love the idea of changing the same good ol music and having it play in accordance to what situation a craft is in (Launch,reentry,orbit ect.) Just playing the Apollo13 soundtrack does not compare...

A thanks for all the thought and work that has been put into it! Also fingers crossed for a must have for 1.2.1 and on!... :) 

Progress report on my music pack, I've chosen all 16 songs to use for each planetary body and am making final adjustments here and there to get everything finished. For the most part all I would have to do is convert everything to .ogg, and then create the playlists in-game. I've been working slowly :P - I was curious @pizzaoverhead, how difficult is it to add music fading? That's the number one thing I want in Soundtrack Editor currently - it would add a lot of depth when switching between planetary bodies to have the songs fade in and out.

Decided to actually show some of my work :P Here's a screen captured master list of all the songs I've categorized so far. It's about 1.16 GB currently and as such will almost definitely need to be shrunk... Didn't want to upload it to spacedock as it's just a giant compilation of songs and isn't at all a mod. Would upload it to dropbox if it was smaller... hah. Anyways if you search "Jahzzar [SONG TITLE]" you should be able to listen to find and listen to any specific song you want. Note that if in the album a file name has "KST" or [KST edit]" that I made some personal changes to the song in the final version (I.E. removed sudden intros, talking, shrunk the song, etc...)

Originally posted "Why isn't it working?", then found the log entry (The classes in the module cannot be loaded), then googled for that and found pizzaoverhead's post in the middle of this 22 page thread.

Might want to put a note on the original post...............................................................................................

Just sayin'...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by Burner Account
yeah

On 12/5/2016 at 2:22 PM, Aerospacer said:

Man, here no a .zip file...

Odd... fixing that now.

EDIT: PLANET THEME ZIP IS FIXED :) Sorry about that, not sure how I didn't link it correctly.

On 12/4/2016 at 10:44 AM, Burner Account said:

Originally posted "Why isn't it working?", then found the log entry (The classes in the module cannot be loaded), then googled for that and found pizzaoverhead's post in the middle of this 22 page thread.

Might want to put a note on the original post...............................................................................................

Just sayin'...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 11/30/2016 at 2:30 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Aaand here's a .zip file of the songs I have for each planet. Each body has a song which I felt matched it's mood. Atmospheric planets feel heavy, scarcely visited planets feel eerie, desolate feel empty.

and here I am using rollercoaster tycoon 2 music on my planets... :blush:

Great pack, I enjoy listening to it regularly, it's a nice calming set i can listen to easily.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/8/2017 at 3:35 AM, Lexbell said:

Is this still broken for ksp 1.2+??? I cannot see the toolbar option in my game. D: Really want to edit the soundtrack with a mix of my favorite music. Want to get this running occasionally on re-entry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W28Wf_7qSGk&list=PLxoOpZa54NksiD8p9EWkcgt81eotkv-Xv&index=3

unfortunately yes, it's a shame really. hopefully pizza will get back to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just started trying to download mods for Kerbal, been playing the base game for quite a long time, and I can't for the love of God figure out how to download them. I thought I followed the instructions in the readme, but it hasn't worked. What I did was extract the files to program files 86/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program. Then I dropped a few mp3s into the music folder that was in the kerbal space program file. If you are still active by any chance, i woukd love to figure out how to get this mod to work thank you

17 hours ago, Alex Land said:

I've just started trying to download mods for Kerbal, been playing the base game for quite a long time, and I can't for the love of God figure out how to download them. I thought I followed the instructions in the readme, but it hasn't worked. What I did was extract the files to program files 86/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program. Then I dropped a few mp3s into the music folder that was in the kerbal space program file. If you are still active by any chance, i woukd love to figure out how to get this mod to work thank you

Sorry to say Alex but this mod is actually out of date and does not work with the most recent version of KSP. Even if you are installing it correctly the mod doesn't currently do anything in game. ;.;

Time to get this show back on the road:

Soundtrack Editor version 4.1 for KSP 1.2.2
This release adds support for the latest version of KSP, as well as a fix for MP3s not loading if they don't have a track title.

Downloads:
https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/soundtrack-editor
https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/SoundtrackEditor/releases/tag/v4.1

The issue with the previous release not working was caused by KSP being updated to support separate tracks for day and night time at KSC, which is great news: Stock KSP is having its soundscape spruced up!
Thanks to everyone for your patience and support. The friendly community here is what keeps me coming back! Let me know how this version works for you, and any bugs or suggestions you have. Enjoy!

Awesome! I'm using Mass Effect and Rochard soundtracks now! :cool: Just having Uncharted Worlds play in the tracking station gives me chills. I'm only having one problem though, none of the original KSP music are working so no Main Menu, VAB, etc. Instead, the Space Center music just repeats for every scene. Anyone else having this problem?

38 minutes ago, SpaceFox25 said:

Awesome! I'm using Mass Effect and Rochard soundtracks now! :cool: Just having Uncharted Worlds play in the tracking station gives me chills. I'm only having one problem though, none of the original KSP music are working so no Main Menu, VAB, etc. Instead, the Space Center music just repeats for every scene. Anyone else having this problem?

Could you send me your playlists.cfg from the Playlists folder? It should have some clues as to what is happening. Your output_log.txt would be helpful too.

On 2/24/2017 at 5:48 PM, pizzaoverhead said:

This release adds support for the latest version of KSP, as well as a fix for MP3s not loading if they don't have a track title.

Downloads:

The issue with the previous release not working was caused by KSP being updated to support separate tracks for day and night time at KSC, which is great news: Stock KSP is having its soundscape spruced up!
Thanks to everyone for your patience and support. The friendly community here is what keeps me coming back! Let me know how this version works for you, and any bugs or suggestions you have. Enjoy!

Thank you so much Pizza :) I've got some work cut out to implement my playlists now... :D

On 25/02/2017 at 2:48 AM, pizzaoverhead said:

Downloads:

Thank you soo much!! My career can finally begin ... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.