[1.0] Hangar Extender v3.3

Snjo

Very handy mod!

QUESTION!!!!!!

What exactly is '*' supposed to do? It doesnt appear to change anything for me, and the readme indicates that it should change the hangar scale? It does nothing for me. It seems to jet out to max distance for my bigger ships forcing me to scroll for almost a full minute just to get close enough to work, and the camera becomes super slow and lethargic.

Realistically, I only need the camera to zoom to about half again it's default. Is there a way to set that up? I use mostly the SPH, and the largest ship i'll ever build will be about 100 meters (which is my space carrier).

Oh, that's a bit too much zoom out then for sure. It must do some auto scale to the furthest distance in some cases then.

The * forces a rescale when it hasn't happened automatically. No visual changes to the hangar, but sometimes the scale for the work area and camera boundary don't get applied at the right time. I'll see if there's a smoother way to check it.

Thanks for the reply. It appears that it is scaled based on the size of the ship. My 100m long carrier zooms way ridiculously out but smaller fighters are as close as i'm used to. The issue is that with my bigger ships (I have 2 i'm working on) the zoom it's set to on load is unusably far. I still like to be up close so I can adjust all those tiny details, but it seems it's almost all the way out to max.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, thanks Snjo for creating this awesome tool.

I do have a problem however. I have it working fully using the regular mouse, but i am unable to get it to work properly with my 6DOF mouse. The 6DOF mouse works flawlessly, but I am unable to leave the hangar with it. Every time I am already outside the hangar and I touch it, it immediately brings me back in the hangar. I have included a youtube video of what I am talking about as it may be easier to see than explain.

Are there any specific configuration flags that need to be set to allow the 3d mouse outside the hangar?

Thanks again, and awesome job!

The 6dof camera is separate from the other cameras. I originally did some extra stuff for it, but in the most recent version I didn't get around to fixing that. I'll have to dig out the thing and do some tests.

Oh, that's a bit too much zoom out then for sure. It must do some auto scale to the furthest distance in some cases then.

The * forces a rescale when it hasn't happened automatically. No visual changes to the hangar, but sometimes the scale for the work area and camera boundary don't get applied at the right time. I'll see if there's a smoother way to check it.

Was it your mod before that allowed the model size of the VAB/SPH when I pressed "*", or was that someone elses? I preferred where it had the whole model change, it was easier to work with since I play 64k and RSS...

Was it your mod before that allowed the model size of the VAB/SPH when I pressed "*", or was that someone elses? I preferred where it had the whole model change, it was easier to work with since I play 64k and RSS...

It was this mod, but I just had to redo a lot of stuff, so it hasn't been rei-mplemented.

Thanks for replying so quickly Snjo.

I am looking forward to that working again, as it will make building my monstrous rockets much easier. :-)

Thanks again for all your work on this mod.

I've been a big fan of this mod because of my stanford torus mod which used the expanded limits to the max. There are some thing I'd like to request of it though as I plan on having it be a dependency in an upcoming project (you may have seen the cruiser parts mod post).

Can the max height be set to 1000 or better yet in a config file? It seems to be 300 right now. I'm planning on building ships that are 1km long and land bases with a 1km diameter biodome and this mod becomes a requirement for that.

Would it be possible to have the zoom speed scale with how zoomed out the camera is? That is the movement speed is fast while zoomed all the way out but slow when zoomed in?

Does this work differently than it used to? It doesn't seem to be working at all. I'm sure you didn't claim it to be updated for 0.90 for no reason, am I doing something wrong here?

I have a problem as well, running 0.9. Camera just doesn't want to move away to give me some more room to see.

Erm, yes, I am VERY stupid, but how do I install this? I am an experienced KSP player (200 hours or more) and have been using mods for as long as I can remember, but I can't find how to install this one, which I really feel I need to build that perfect 200 metre long space station. Any help?

Erm, yes, I am VERY stupid, but how do I install this? I am an experienced KSP player (200 hours or more) and have been using mods for as long as I can remember, but I can't find how to install this one, which I really feel I need to build that perfect 200 metre long space station. Any help?

Just drop the hangar extender folder within the zip into the gamedata folder. Everybody has a brainfart moment once in a while, so it's ok. :)

• 2 weeks later...
How do you install this?

You install it the same way as any other mod. If you don't know how to do that, look in the above posts to find an answer to your question, asked by someone else just 2 posts above yours.

You install it the same way as any other mod. If you don't know how to do that, look in the above posts to find an answer to your question, asked by someone else just 2 posts above yours.

Thanks! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hangar Extender looks to be fully functional in 1.0, no problems that I can see. I'm playing science mode though.
PLEASE update to 1.0! Really want to build some crazy new ships!

Which one is real now lol, is it working or isn't it working?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.