[1.0] Hangar Extender v3.3

Snjo

This does work in 1.0.2 but every time you revert your flight the hangar starts zoomed out all the way and takes you 10 minutes to scroll back in. Is there no way to fix this?

That's actually an old problem, happened in 0.90 as well. I don't know of a way to fix it.

v3.3

Download

-Enabled config values for camera max distance and work area. Check settings.txt

-Defaults are now lower than before to avoid too high cam distance when entering the editor.

I couldn't reproduce the error myself, but hopefully, this fixes it well enough for you. If you still get too much scrolling set the cam distance in the settings.txt, but it's only 80 now as opposed to 1000 meters.

v3.3

Download

-Enabled config values for camera max distance and work area. Check settings.txt

-Defaults are now lower than before to avoid too high cam distance when entering the editor.

I couldn't reproduce the error myself, but hopefully, this fixes it well enough for you. If you still get too much scrolling set the cam distance in the settings.txt, but it's only 80 now as opposed to 1000 meters.

Thank You Snjo, good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Snjo, I'm experiencing another bug that I have no idea how to fix or prevent. The plugin works in build mode and does exactly what it should but when I press launch, I see my craft for a brief second then the screen goes black except for the UI. When I return to the space center its as if the whole of Kerbin is invisible or has vanished.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Turns out there were some incompatibility issues with some other mods I was using, after removing and replacing them one by one I found the issue was Romfarer's Lazor System Mod.

Edited by Thegreeklishone

Snjo, if you're willing, I have a minor request: ability to change minimum zoom as well as maximum zoom. For Realism Overhaul, we may have 150m, 4000t rockets (let alone ferram's Nimitz-size rockets) but we also have 0.3m sounding rockets and the default minimum zoom just isn't low enough. RSS used to set it to 0.01 back when RSS did camera changes. :)

Hi

First i want to tank you for that mod. It really helps to bild rockets who are real rockets. However after i build a really big rocket, and revert to the VAB, the following things happen:

1. View is max zoomed out (so no honouring of the settings file!)

2. The camera is all sloppy and really hard to control, to the point that you can not work on your rocket at all. All is very sluggish.

3. The stageing list does not move with the rocket as you sroll up (does this in stock totally fine) (this also happens before revert in the "normal" vab)

The only way to fix this for me is to kill the game and restart, then the Camera in the VAB works fine. But after a revert this happens. And the problem gets bigger as bigger the rocket gets.

Thanks for looking into this!

Is there a specific way to use this?

I've been trying to build a long range lander and as I build down I run out of room but I can't move the rocket any further up. it stops when the top gets near the ceiling.

v3.3

Download

Thank you so much, works great now.

The VAB max height and distance resets after you return to the VAB from a flight. if you launch a vessel, and then return to the VAB, it doesn't let you move the camera over the default limits until you restart the game

EDIT: should have read the first post... that's what I get for not reading the manual... D'OH

Edited by JoseEduardo

Doesn't work for me. That is, does nothing. Pressing the key has no effect, and changing the key has the same effect as the latter. Take a look at my logs please.

I recall that old version worked for me in 0.25 times just fine, and helped a lot. But then, there was RSS, and now there is none. OTOH there's OPM&SME...

Doesn't work for me. That is, does nothing. Pressing the key has no effect, and changing the key has the same effect as the latter. Take a look at my logs please.

I recall that old version worked for me in 0.25 times just fine, and helped a lot. But then, there was RSS, and now there is none. OTOH there's OPM&SME...

I'm in the same situation. I've placed the folder in GameData but in-game nothing happens when I press *

Snjo mentioned that building rescaling isn't working in 1.0, just the camera limit changing.

Well not really true, because I made a hack that was able to scale the buildings, it is just that it now takes a quite ugly way to do it.

I also sent my example to him, but so far he was not online.

Edited by Alewx

Well not really true, because I made a hack that was able to scale the buildings, it is just that it now takes a quite ugly way to do it.

I also sent my example to him, but so far he was not online.

Ugly how? The building textures get really out of place and the whole environment looks ugly, but everything is functional? Or ugly in another way? If it's the first, I don't mind...

I'm in the same situation. I've placed the folder in GameData but in-game nothing happens when I press *

Are you two using KerboKatz EditorCamUtilities? I just found that it interferes with Hangar Extender and makes it not work.

Ugly how? The building textures get really out of place and the whole environment looks ugly, but everything is functional? Or ugly in another way? If it's the first, I don't mind...

Ugly in the way of programming it.

I'm still hanging on to 0.90 while I wait for the rest of my mods to update and add support for 1.0X. In the meantime, I'm trying to use the Hangar Extender mod and, like many others, when I place the folder in my Gamedata folder, and fire up the game, I cannot re-scale the VAB / SPH. One little glitch is that I'm using Linux (Ubuntu 14.04). There's a well known issue with Unity not reading the 10-key pad on Linux so I've gone into Hange Extender cfg file and changed the function key to '\' since it's not on the 10-key pad and still nothing.

Does anyone know if Linux is my issue or does anyone else out there use Linux and the Hangar Extender mod with success?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.