[1.0] Hangar Extender v3.3

Snjo

8 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi it wont work in 1.2 without a recompile and even then it's glitchy with issues this noob coder cant understand never mind fix, better wait until A somebody forks it and does the deed, or B some kind experienced coding chap to wander in a say yeah here's a fixed one

Must add that I'm rather desperate as developing the LBP without it is a real pain

If you are so much more experienced, then why don't you make a fix for it?
Welding is my priority mod.

On 2016/9/28 at 6:02 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi it wont work in 1.2 without a recompile and even then it's glitchy with issues this noob coder cant understand never mind fix, better wait until A somebody forks it and does the deed, or B some kind experienced coding chap to wander in a say yeah here's a fixed one

Must add that I'm rather desperate as developing the LBP without it is a real pain

Is it confirmed that this mod does not work in 1.2pre?

25 minutes ago, Kerenatus said:

Is it confirmed that this mod does not work in 1.2pre?

Results can be unpredictable at best and can no way be considered a safe or stable addition to a 1.2 PRE test game as the errors may affect other parts and or code resulting in overall poor performance that is no fault of the KSP1.2 pre release.  , users choice of course. But not recommended.

4 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Results can be unpredictable at best and can no way be considered a safe or stable addition to a 1.2 PRE test game as the errors may affect other parts and or code resulting in overall poor performance that is no fault of the KSP1.2 pre release.  , users choice of course. But not recommended.

Thx for the reply.

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'm running my 1.2Pre with it and so far as much as it surprises me seems to work without any recompile or change.

But SpannerMonkey seems to be the expert here....

35 minutes ago, Kerenatus said:

Hello, how did you edit the .dll file may I ask?

He made a fork at Github and compiled it with a C# SDK, no black magic involved :D

1 hour ago, Alewx said:

I'm running my 1.2Pre with it and so far as much as it surprises me seems to work without any recompile or change.

But SpannerMonkey seems to be the expert here....

He made a fork at Github and compiled it with a C# SDK, no black magic involved :D

\hey, i i certainly am not an expert and all i can really confirm is that without recompiling it didn't work for me, and once recompiled it is only partly functional. No ambiguity or room for sarcasm there.

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

\hey, i i certainly am not an expert and all i can really confirm is that without recompiling it didn't work for me, and once recompiled it is only partly functional. No ambiguity or room for sarcasm there.

Which Version did you test?

If it is the 3.3, there is not much I could do, but with one of the 3.4.x I might have a look at it.

Post removed as the problem bring reported has been solved.

P.S.: For those of us on laptops or otherwise without a NumPad Asterisk key, could the next version please ship with some other key as the default?

Edited by parameciumkid
bleep bloop

I've been using the 1.1.3 compile for a bit, but it's been messing up my ability to use struts for some strange reason. I place the strut. and everything on the ship becomes unselectable and I can't even Ctrl-Z the struts off. Reloading a saved ship makes it so I can select the struts, but as soon as I click once it happens again.

I suspect it's related to another issue I noticed where instead of hiding/revealing the hanger, the button on the toolbar just made the lighting around whatever I was building brighter.

I'm using a lot of mods atm, so weird conflicts are very possible, but as soon as I disabled this one everything seemed better.

Has anyone else encountered similar issues?

1 hour ago, riskyjubles said:

I've been using the 1.1.3 compile for a bit, but it's been messing up my ability to use struts for some strange reason. I place the strut. and everything on the ship becomes unselectable and I can't even Ctrl-Z the struts off. Reloading a saved ship makes it so I can select the struts, but as soon as I click once it happens again.

I suspect it's related to another issue I noticed where instead of hiding/revealing the hanger, the button on the toolbar just made the lighting around whatever I was building brighter.

I'm using a lot of mods atm, so weird conflicts are very possible, but as soon as I disabled this one everything seemed better.

Has anyone else encountered similar issues?

you encountered an exception, the log will re necessary.

7 hours ago, parameciumkid said:

Post removed as the problem bring reported has been solved.

P.S.: For those of us on laptops or otherwise without a NumPad Asterisk key, could the next version please ship with some other key as the default?

the latest version contained an icon in the toolbar that works. same as the key, also you can change the key in the settings file.

@AlewxReading through the thread, I just wanted to make an observation. I think SpannerMonkey was referring to himself and not you. I agree that his post was ambiguous and at first blush it might come across as referring to the mod's maintainer as a "noob" but I think Spanner was saying that he lacked the ability to fix the glitches he was seeing. 

BTW, I really appreciate your work on Ubiozur Welding. 

Edited by Tarheel1999

2 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

He was talking about himself.... not the author.

I was yes, i was in no way inferring that the current or past maintainers where or are coding noobs. In fact i know the opposite to be true the same cannot be said for me however.  .  I apologise for any misunderstandings or hurt feeling that may have arisen due to my over familiar use of English.

Also once I'd found the 3.4 version (didnt know there was one until you mentioned it )  and recompiled it works fine thank you.

17 hours ago, Alewx said:

the latest version contained an icon in the toolbar that works. same as the key, also you can change the key in the settings file.

Perhaps I should have left my bug report up there after all. The game throws an error message saying it can't load the "KSPUtil" assembly and the toolbar icon never appears. I suspect that just recompiling will fix this, but I haven't had time to try my hand at it.

Edited by parameciumkid
Derp a herp

On ‎08‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 6:06 AM, parameciumkid said:

Perhaps I should have left my bug report up there after all. The game throws an error message saying it can't load the "KSPUtil" assembly and the toolbar icon never appears. I suspect that just recompiling will fix this, but I haven't had time to try my hand at it.

Ah that is typical 1.2 exception, that will require a recompile.
Will do that once I get back internet at home provider change is never easy :(

1 hour ago, Jiraiyah said:

@Alewx Hi sir

am i missing something, I looked in configs and there is an option to not hide the VAB building when it's extended, i set it properly but every time i expand the building, it gets hidden (saw this in 1.1.3)

That is correct, because I had to force the hiding, Squad disabled the option to manipulate the model of the VAB internals.

did you try doing it with reflection? unless they really made things secure using c# reflection you may be able to handle some stuff that way.

If no, why not adding NOT IN USE in the config?

Edited by Jiraiyah

35 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

did you try doing it with reflection? unless they really made things secure using c# reflection you may be able to handle some stuff that way.

If no, why not adding NOT IN USE in the config?

simply forgot it.

they made it even impossible to access the single vertices of the model, it is a evil unity option, and I already reported this back at them, but seems no one cared about it.

Just now, Alewx said:

simply forgot it.

they made it even impossible to access the single vertices of the model, it is a evil unity option, and I already reported this back at them, but seems no one cared about it.

wow, interesting, didn't know it's possible to limit access to infra structure of mesh and etc in unity to this extend. wow looks like devs didn't like bigger VAB/SPH :wink: shame

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.