Found a big purple ball on Minmus

AlkalinePorcuipine

Hi forum,

This is my first post, i felt I had to share this thing I found on Minmus today. I understand it´s probably old news for the grizzled ksp old hands but I thougt it was pretty cool.

So i´m zipping around Minmus with my lander peacefyully collecting science when I see this huge purple ball just sitting there on the surface, this had to be explored more closely!

Said and done, Jeb was sent out on an EVA trip:

minmus_anomaly1.png

And he was awestruck at exactly how huge this thing was!

minmus_anomaly2.png

There was no novel science to be done around (or in the) big purple ball, but it was still a really cool experience. :)

Does anyone know what this is actually? :)

Looks like a bug to me, I've pretty much scoured Minmus the past few weeks and I'm certain I would've spotted something this big from orbit.

Did you find the pod?Actually I'll go look for it as it's been 2 versions since.

Aren't markers in KSPI visible only during flight? I've seen one of them near KSC, but only from the air. Anyways, i think it's just a terrain bug.

It could equally be a KSPI bug where the markers appear when near to them.

Aren't markers in KSPI visible only during flight? I've seen one of them near KSC, but only from the air. Anyways, i think it's just a terrain bug.

They should do, but if there was a bug so that one appeared when on the ground, that's exactly what it would look like.

Alternate explanation: Ground scatter model has an error and is replaced by some kind of default object in the engine which happens to be a sphere, and default size happens to be huge.

Considering the itty bitty eggs found, a purple monstrosity like that would be unlikely to be missed until now. Also, it's hardly in keeping with the usual kind of eggy thing.

what if squad created a super secret second version of the ksp client, with only 1 key difference - that giant obvious easter eggs would be scattered throughout the system. then the client is only downloaded once per every 1,000,000 downloads from the website 0.0