Found a big purple ball on Minmus

AlkalinePorcuipine

Per HarvesteR's Talk at Unite 2013, Map View IS the scaled-down version of the Kerbal system which is also used for more distant terrain. Kerbin there is only 600 metres across, and only when the player is on or near the ground, a higher resolved patch of terrain is rendered in a different camera, then blended onto the panorama around the player.

This is also likely the source of dodgy shadows of chutes when more distant terrain is looked at through the chute's lines, and when the remote shadow closes in on the actual object as it descends. It's there, then vanishes, then fades back in slowly.

So, objects showing in Mapmode have a rather explainable chance to turn up on the surface.

Hi guys, I can confirm that it´s due to the Interstellar mod. I totally forgot about that when I found the ball on the surface. :)

I remember I was messing around with the scientific instruments included in the mod earlier.

The Minmus mission was a huge success though, 5500 science! Yey!

(Couldn't reply yesterday because I managed to lock myself out of the forum for some reason. Couldn't reset my password either, maybe because the account wasn't verified or something?)

what if squad created a super secret second version of the ksp client, with only 1 key difference - that giant obvious easter eggs would be scattered throughout the system. then the client is only downloaded once per every 1,000,000 downloads from the website 0.0

http://www.geardiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/conspiracy.jpg

Edited by sal_vager
You know image responses are naughty :)

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Japper47 said:

Hmmm seems quite weird... I dont KNOW what is it but i had my satellite and i FOUND BIG ANOMALLY on mun LOL!

Huh, what did you find?

20 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

Just so you know, this thread is from 2014 and I can almost guarantee that whatever is going on here is no longer relevant.

Yup, i would not be suprised if this thread will get locked soon.