What do YOU want to see in 0.24?

Hmmm...

Painting the map

Reworked Poodle, Mainsail, and a new engine with two nozzles.

Temporally-Lengthy Science Experiments

Robotic Arms

Crew moving around inside the spacecraft, but only through certain parts.

Usefulness for space stations in LKO.

Better Stock Crafts

Deadly Re-entry and better aerodynamics.

Contracts and Reputation

Money

I'm sure I'm just seconding existing suggestions but allow me to do so:

2-meter nuclear engine, maybe a half-meter one too

3-meter stuff. At least a start, it doesn't need to be implemented all at once, but perhaps the best / most stockalike 3-meter stuff from a few mods could be adopted / adapted.

Self-illumination parts for ships. I downloaded a couple mods to do this but it'd still be nice to have by default.

Oh, and one more thing: You know how debris doesn't count toward "flights in progress" but can be toggled on in the map view? Same for flags plz, as I'm one of those players who likes to commemorate every time I land on something new and don't want to have 43579849 ships listed, 96% of which are flags.

Not in the next release but eventually - how about a career option where you balance science, money, and Kerbals toward a specific goal of Space Migration? Possibly have an Armageddon date by which time you would have to have built a viable space colony on a livable planet and transferred as many of your team there as possible.

Sort Kerbal Space Program meets RimWorld...

There's only ONE thing I really want to see:

- The focusing on objects(celestial or ships) not working when you switch to the parent body.

Description of the problem:

Whenever I go to the Mun, I like to switch my focus to the body. However, I can't then re-focus on the ship from that point. Most bodies have this problem, with Kerbin you can re-focus again above a certain altitude for example.

- The focusing on objects(celestial or ships) not working when you switch to the parent body.

Whenever I go to the Mun, I like to switch my focus to the body. However, I can't then re-focus on the ship from that point. Most bodies have this problem, with Kerbin you can re-focus again above a certain altitude for example.

Yeah, that is quite annoying.

For re-focus you can press TAB until it goes back to the ship, but it will switch focus to every celestial body before going back to the ship.

The ship is usually before or after the Sun.

Don't SHIFT+TAB to switch back to the previous body if you pass your ship, there is the risk that you will throtle up.

I dunno if i understand correctly, but if the problem is only to get the focus back on your active ship, just hit backspace and u're good to go...

I dunno if i understand correctly, but if the problem is only to get the focus back on your active ship, just hit backspace and u're good to go...

Wait, Backspace (which initiates the abort procedure) switches to the current ship while in map mode? Who designed this UI, Jeb? I'm surprised there isn't a (non-staging) function mapped to the spacebar yet.

(Yes, I know space switches things in docking mode but I discount that, as it's about as much used as ion engines)

Edited by 5thHorseman

Wait, Backspace (which initiates the abort procedure) switches to the current ship while in map mode? Who designed this UI, Jeb? I'm surprised there isn't a (non-staging) function mapped to the spacebar yet.

There is.

Anyway, I never tried backspace, wouldn't risk it.

Spamming TAB works.

Also, TAB+SHIFT goes to the previous planet, but if the navball is up... SHIFT...

They should remake some of those functions.

Btw, the spacebar function is jumping at EVA. Yes that was a joke. Still true.

Btw, the spacebar function is jumping at EVA. Yes that was a joke. Still true.

Haha, yeah but I was (ofc) talking about in-ship controls. Mapping any function to space, shift, or backspace is tantamount to the identical buttons in Monsters Vs Aliens that either made coffee or launched America's nuclear arsenal.

I would like to see the planets having a tilt. To make landing more of a challenge, imagine Val rotating retrograde like Venus does, or a pole close to where the equator is on some planets like Uranus's near 90 degree tilt. Also one of the moon of Jool rotating retrograde around it, maybe bop since it could be a captured asteroid. As for science I would like to see a medical exam when the kerbal returns from orbit, perhaps some tweaks required for further safe exploration. For example you do a suborbital or single orbit flight when you start the game, collect science about the reaction of the kerbal's body and then use that research to create a safer capsule for longer duration flights. Perhaps a resource like elements that can be recovered to create atomic fuels, so say two trips to Duna and back allows you to make enough fuel to go to Dres or Mojo one way on a stock atomic engine. The basic idea being collect resources, spend money and get a fuel that makes the ISP double, repeat this till you get to Pol. Finally I will ask for this every update till I see it, a ringed planet.

Edited by edallison655321

Hmm... I'd like money, planets and resource gathering in 0.24. I think they'll have a scope complete game in 0.25/0.26 and then the first tier of multiplayer may be in 0.27. that doesn't have anything to do with 0.24, but hey! I'm really excited for multiplayer! WHOO!

I would like to see the Space plane parts redone. models and textures but mainly textures.

Wings, intakes, control surfaces. with the addition of air-breaks, larger landing gear, cargo bay.

The current parts are looking very dated and not in-keeping with the overall graphical quality of the game.

That would be tons of work for DEV...

1. 48-7S get tuned a bit.. It is currently over powered(slightly? at least I feel in that way), where I was used to LV-909, now, 48-7S came along and boom! you got a perfect engine Although it tends to be used for small payloads, but who cares that anyway? It gets me more Delta-V..

2. Ion Thrusting RCS Array. Which makes more use of Xenon gas. It also consumes electricity.. Each one of them produces MUCH less power than normal RCS Block, but when in array, they combines to give more power, but at the cost of Lots of Electricityand Isp..

3. Procedural generated terrain.. Well, I actually means is: use procedurally generated terrain as model, so don't generates them everytime player creates a new profile..

That can fix the consistency between each player's copy while keep away the tough modeling work from DEVs..

4. Procedurally generated asteroid?

5. Then scene where the rockets rolls out of the assembly building?..

6. Use PB-ION while in non-physic wrap..

7. Able to repair solar panel and vice-versa..

8. And everything others mentioned that are reasonable.. (You ********!..)

*** Add ***

I take all of the above back..

Lets say:

Why dont we starts working on to get every features, bugs, etc sorted out, then look back at content, balance, those kinds of stuffs..

Edited by 8749236

2 Things,

1: Make unmanned craft useful by giving them purpose: Mapping planets, space telescopes, improved communication, ect.

2: Provide incentive to build space stations and bases. Seems like there's just so much work, to achieve so little now. Even if it were just research bases and improved docking methods I'd be super happy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.